ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #46
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 648
I'm not going to committ just yet. SBR is May 3-5, Got a week planned in Farmington MO June 1-7, Leave for Alaska on June 21st. But if I see a way clear, I'll be there! No crashing this time!!!
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #47
polson
2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer: 235
I could be in for this ride. I am out of Dubuque and there are some great gravel roads in this area.

Oh yeah! 2 wheels!
polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #48
psycho klr OP
Qu'est-ce Que C'est

Oddometer: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by polson View Post
I could be in for this ride. I am out of Dubuque and there are some great gravel roads in this area.

Oh yeah! 2 wheels!
Yes there are, you may even find a new favorite. Have you ridden Good 'Nuf Hollow?

Add in a great group of guys, a campfire and some beer and I am thinking you should put this on your schedule.

Good 'Nuf Hollow:

And some other fun ones from the area...

psycho klr screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 04:57 PM
psycho klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #49
gravityisnotmyfriend
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
So, just a thought. Is there any reason the route goes north from the campground?

My chances of attending are still very much up in the air. But, if you guys headed south I could probably meet up with the group in Cassville Saturday morning.

Then again, If I just left an hour earlier, I could meet up with you at the campground and head north. That option would probably be better anyway - otherwise I'd have to keep all my camping gear on my bike for the rest of the ride. If I met at the campground I could drop it all off so I could set up camp when we got back.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but if I were to make it, I'd have to work a full day Friday, drive 200 miles to Platteville, then drive the KTM 80 miles to the campground from there either late Friday or early Saturday. My wife does have a good friend in Prairie Du Chien that she complains about not seeing enough. Maybe we trailer the KTM up to PDC Friday night. I drop her off with her friend and I make the short ride to the campground. I like this idea!

Lemme see if I can make it work.

How's the campground? Does everyone need to reserve their own site? Or can we park 2 or 3 bikes on each one?
gravityisnotmyfriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #50
zilla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,585
I'm up for it if I get the DR up and running by then.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #51
craig6785
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityisnotmyfriend View Post
So, just a thought. Is there any reason the route goes north from the campground?

My chances of attending are still very much up in the air. But, if you guys headed south I could probably meet up with the group in Cassville Saturday morning.

Then again, If I just left an hour earlier, I could meet up with you at the campground and head north. That option would probably be better anyway - otherwise I'd have to keep all my camping gear on my bike for the rest of the ride. If I met at the campground I could drop it all off so I could set up camp when we got back.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but if I were to make it, I'd have to work a full day Friday, drive 200 miles to Platteville, then drive the KTM 80 miles to the campground from there either late Friday or early Saturday. My wife does have a good friend in Prairie Du Chien that she complains about not seeing enough. Maybe we trailer the KTM up to PDC Friday night. I drop her off with her friend and I make the short ride to the campground. I like this idea!

Lemme see if I can make it work.

How's the campground? Does everyone need to reserve their own site? Or can we park 2 or 3 bikes on each one?
The reason we are heading North out of the camp ground is because in the past if I remember correctly which I think I do, we have always crossed the ferry West to East and I thought that I would change it up this time and cross East to West.
As for putting 2 or 3 bikes per site at the campground we only stayed there once and if I remember correctly which I am a little fuzzy on I think they charged by the tent and allowed us to place them wherever we wanted in the general area down by the river we were in.

Psycho did you talk to them or should I give them a call?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #52
craig6785
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
The Route

I just started a thread in GPS Central called ( Great River Gravel Ride: The Resurrection (Route)). This has the route posted in it for down load. Please note that I have not pre-riden any of this yet, as time and weather permits I will try and get that done asap to see if any changes need to be made. If changes do need to be made I will make them and re post the route. If people are having issues with the one large route at that time I will break it up smaller routes.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #53
polson
2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer: 235
let me know when you are pre-riding maybe I'll join you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #54
Mow-ree
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
This ride would be perfect. I live in Dubuque and have a DR650. Except I have class that weekend...of course!

If there is anyone in the area looking to do some riding around the Dubuque area PM me. I'm hoping to get alot more riding in this year.
Mow-ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #55
reedski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Sounds like an awesome ride. I'd be in but I teach school and coach track. The state track meet is that weekend and I will be there.....hopefully. To those who can do it....have a ball!
reedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #56
gravityisnotmyfriend
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow-ree View Post
This ride would be perfect. I live in Dubuque and have a DR650. Except I have class that weekend...of course!

If there is anyone in the area looking to do some riding around the Dubuque area PM me. I'm hoping to get alot more riding in this year.
Sadly, I'm a solid 2hrs from Dubuque. I just had to comment on your avatar. It's not very often that you see a DR650 and a 620EXC parked next to a zombie ravenged cow!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #57
psycho klr OP
Qu'est-ce Que C'est

Oddometer: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig6785 View Post
As for putting 2 or 3 bikes per site at the campground we only stayed there once and if I remember correctly which I am a little fuzzy on I think they charged by the tent and allowed us to place them wherever we wanted in the general area down by the river we were in.

I will call them soon and see what I can work out for rates and reserving sites.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #58
gravityisnotmyfriend
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig6785 View Post
The reason we are heading North out of the camp ground is because in the past if I remember correctly which I think I do, we have always crossed the ferry West to East and I thought that I would change it up this time and cross East to West.

Yeah, don't change it on my account. It's looking more like I won't be able to make it anyway. At least not on May 11th. But, depending on how the ride goes, I may try it later.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #59
ysr612
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,906
this is the same week end as the trials.

ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #60
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,256
It's a good thing the trials is in Texas and won't conflict.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote