User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,553
Biketoberfest Sat. Oct. 19 Noon-4 at HOH

Hope some of you will join me and some other fun loving folks this Saturday from noon-4.

Like chili? There'll be about a dozen different kinds to try made by gals vying for Ms. Harley. Oh, and they'll be dressed like German bar maids.

It also marks 2yrs ago that I got my lovely Softail Deluxe. Here's a video from that day when they let me start it up and ride it THROUGH the crowd and out the door! Still can't get over them having so much trust in my riding abilities!

AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,906
I have to hand it to HOH for their get togethers.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Sparticus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Biketoberfest

Won't be in town until the following wknd, but thanks for the heads up Mark. Just finished detailing the sporty for its winter sleep, and the R100/7 tranny is on its way home from Ted's.
Sparticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I have to hand it to HOH for their get togethers.
EXACTLY!

Alaska Leather and HOH are a couple great examples of community minded vendors. IMO they really do a lot to contribute towards making this a better place for me/us to live.

Barb at AKLeather really trumps all but HOH has also been very generous to me thru the years. They dyno'd my Duc for free on my BD one year and I won a rear sport tire and a dyno tune at a couple of their bike shows. And all that was BEFORE I ever even got a bike from them! Heck, our good buddy Beezer even won $100 at their last bike show. Way cool.

I also greatly appreciate that they do so much for non-profits. Oh, and lets not forget the free camping for our ADV brethren.

Hmmm, should prolly make mention of all the pretty girls they've had working there thru the years as well.

Party on, Mark H.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
AK650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
EXACTLY!

Alaska Leather and HOH are a couple great examples of community minded vendors. IMO they really do a lot to contribute towards making this a better place for me/us to live.

Barb at AKLeather really trumps all but HOH has also been very generous to me thru the years. They dyno'd my Duc for free on my BD one year and I won a rear sport tire and a dyno tune at a couple of their bike shows. And all that was BEFORE I ever even got a bike from them! Heck, our good buddy Beezer even won $100 at their last bike show. Way cool.

I also greatly appreciate that they do so much for non-profits. Oh, and lets not forget the free camping for our ADV brethren.

Hmmm, should prolly make mention of all the pretty girls they've had working there thru the years as well.

Party on, Mark H.
Amen! Unfortunately, the uptight, elitist commentary from some of the ADV crowd regarding "pirate bikers" will continue. On the plus side, most of that will come from Lower 48 folks, as I think Alaska is definitely a little more open minded in this regard, and just want to ride their bikes, and enjoy life. Beats the hell out of obsessing over how someone else dresses when they ride, whether they wear a lid or don't, or if their bike is a little loud.

Hope you guys have a blast, and wish I was home to join in!

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Wow, I just found out Ms Harley contestant Anne is making a meatless chili!

Me and my Duc ridin' brother Corbin are quite happy.

The Black Sheep MC will also be cooking Bratwurst.

Hope to see some of you there. Mark H.