Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #16
DaFoole OP
WARPED Idjit

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAMAGE View Post
Against my better judgement ............... I'm in!

I'll be following along mostly out of respect for my deceased Mother ............... your avatar pic looks just like her.

Travel safely and have fun amigos. Okay, let's ride!
So I guess mom jokes are out....

Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,309
Great sense of humor, had me rolling numerous times 2 pages in...love the thong on the ST!! Be safe dude
Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,581
Ummm can you actually start riding toward Mexico already!!! Maybe at least eat a Taco

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
DaFoole OP
WARPED Idjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Great sense of humor, had me rolling numerous times 2 pages in...love the thong on the ST!! Be safe dude
I decided the blow up doll was over the top.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
Ummm can you actually start riding toward Mexico already!!! Maybe at least eat a Taco
Dude, you have no idea.... Gotta still work the weekend, go to a meeting on Tuesday

....then I'm FREEEEEEE!!

As far as Tacos....I'm saving myself for Baja per your good instructions from past trips......
Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 779
I'm headed for Baja in a week to play pit crew for a group of buddies in the San Felipe 250. From the sound of your planned debauchery, it may be the last opportunity to see Baja in an unspoiled condition as well!!!

Definitely "IN" for the ride - go fast and take chances! Also, a wise (?) person once said to me, "you ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't ride back to camp naked."

I'd like to pass the challenge along - kind of pay it forward, as they say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...

Miguel Sanchez screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 03:38 PM Reason: Because spelling is hard while typing on an iPhone and taking a shit...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #21
DaFoole OP
WARPED Idjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
I'm headed for Baja in a week to play pit crew for a group of buddies in the San Felipe 250. From the sound of your planned debauchery, it may be the last opportunity to see Baja in an unspoiled condition as well!!!

Definitely "IN" for the ride - go fast and take chances! Also, a wise (?) person once said to me, "you ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't ride back to camp naked."

I'd like to pass the challenge along - kind of pay it forward, as they say...
That's so last week.....

The NEW coolness.....

Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #22
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,553
Thumb I'm in...

....sounds like it's gonna be a good time.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
DaFoole OP
WARPED Idjit

Welcome Back!!

Come on in!

Lets continue with this ride report where no one has yet ridden....

So I have perused the many heady, exciting and downright awesome threads of many an ADVrider stud/studette who have braved the wilds of the Baja penninsula....

Spills, chills, dangerous places, rock strewn wastelands, dire mechanical breakdowns being fixed on the edges of erupting volcanos or overflowing banos...it's all there....

You know who you are....

We are standing on the backs of those who have no fear, no regrets, serious cajones and often, no common sense....

All the sort of things I like to avoid like the plague. Unless, of course, I've had a few beers...

Or it seems like a good idea at the time....

Or I'm hung over and too stupid to realize my soon to be mistake....

Then it's WATCH OUT Jimmy Lewis!!!!

Lets face it. For the most part, I'm a pussy/wimp/nancy boy...

But I'm OK with that.

So this is the thread for all you sensitive types. You soft handed, dottering, couldn't make the football team types....Maybe captain of the debate team, Biology club...that sorta thing... Those that want to go but just aren't sure.
The Walter Mitty Adventurer.
I mean, it's Mexico, right?
It's full of donkeys, cows, horses, hot sauce, bad toilets, bland beer, scorpions, Mariachi bands, diarrhea, bandidos, sand, rabid sheep, cucaraches, tacos, Mexicans, and christ knows what else!!

This thread is for you!! I'm a giver. What can I say.....

But I digress...

So, lets get back to the sorta ride report!!

PREP

So, we were last considering the benefits/downfalls of shitting ourselves.

Lets move on...

How's about food. Now, through all the (great and useful) ride reports I have perused there is a common thread. Food is pretty much everywhere. Some better than others but we ain't gonna starve. I personally have a good 6 wk supply on hand at all times in the form of personal insulation....I'll outlive all you skinny fuckers come the next disaster....

Still, some sort of repast is handy in the event we are stranded with a breakdown on said erupting volcano. Be prepared, as I was so assiduously taught in the Boy Scouts...that and how to rub poison oak leaves in your enemies underwear....

We're packin' bikes, right? Space is always a consideration.

Sometimes skittles and beer just aren't gonna cut it.

The usual faves are out....

Glass containers are out....

No sir, we're jetting into the 21st century here with some tasty flavored cardboard...just add water...

Personal hygiene next!!!

DaFoole screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 06:23 PM
DaFoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
rjnutt
Desert tortoise

Oddometer: 234

Hey, I just saw that bike under a pile of crap in my garage......
rjnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #25
DaFoole OP
WARPED Idjit

If it hadn't been for the introduction of, and then pre-ordered Tenere I would not have parted with her.... still miss that engine!!!!!

I still think this is one of the most underrated Adv bikes out there....
Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,326

you guys are goin to have a blast. Make sure to check out San Filepe and head south to Gonzaga Bay....

oh and say hi to Coco for me
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #27
DaFoole OP
WARPED Idjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post

you guys are goin to have a blast. Make sure to check out San Filepe and head south to Gonzaga Bay....

oh and say hi to Coco for me
And up springs one of our Baja Heros!!!

Will do amigo! Was planning on shooting into San Felipe on day one (Friday) but it turns out the Score Tecate 250 as well as some carnival thing is going on that weekend so getting a room/beach space is probably out. Looks like South of Ensenada will be our first day. We'll see how it all flows.... No plans, just do what seems right at the time....
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #28
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
And up springs one of our Baja Heros!!!

Will do amigo! Was planning on shooting into San Felipe on day one (Friday) but it turns out the Score Tecate 250 as well as some carnival thing is going on that weekend so getting a room/beach space is probably out. Looks like South of Ensenada will be our first day. We'll see how it all flows.... No plans, just do what seems right at the time....
you guys are going to have a blast......

just remember that main highway is the only highway on the peninsula.....EVERYBODY is on it
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #29
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,323
Great choice in beer and pussy Can't wait to till you hit the road.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #30
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Well, I might as well follow along on this one since I'll never get off my lazy ass & do it myself....

Have a great ride & take lots of pictures.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote