Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #406
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic5491 View Post
I thought a Marine would never leave a comrade, no matter what. :)

He's not a Marine!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #407
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
He's not a Marine!
He IS a Maroon....
Old 02-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #408
twisted-hog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Question What about the Cheetos

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
It's a mystery! Whatever happened to 7 LBS of Cheetos?
Has Jay finished his bag of Cheetos yet?

Are his fingers permanently stained orange now or something else?
twisted-hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #409
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-hog View Post
Has Jay finished his bag of Cheetos yet?

Are his fingers permanently stained orange now or something else?
He refuses to eat them and has them in a position of prominence in his man cave....
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #410
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
He IS a Maroon....
True.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #411
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
True.
Hey, your stupid ass didn't remember your tube(s) either!

I've been doing the stupid reckless trips for many years now and never really had too many bad things happen, but as DaFoolish one said, if you bring all the junk, you'll need none of it. I didn't bring a tube (for the first time in many trips) and guess what... Also, a 21" tube in a 19" tubeless wheel got me back to San Diego and then swapped for a 19" tube that I went around 90 the whole way back up to the Bay Area on.

On the Topas and Vados. Pay attention to them not just from a bike preservation perspective, but also if you are in town, it gives whatever form of LEO that happens to be around to shake you down for la mordida. Behave like the Romans when around civilization and you'll have zero problems.

I do have to admit, jumping the vados at speed was kinda fun. I think Yeti said saw some sparks on a couple of my landings.

I think the bottom line from DaFoole is that Baja can be as expensive as you want, as dangerous as you want, as adventurous as you want, and as safe as you want. It just depends on the flavor you're looking for and the budget. Just Paul says about $200 a day for his trips there and that is food/fuel/hotels. If you bring food and camp instead, that can drop dramatically, but now you're adding gear and reducing off road prowess.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #412
Vic5491
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
At $200 a day, he must be staying in some mighty high end places or buying company from some very pretty senoritas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Hey, your stupid ass didn't remember your tube(s) either!

I've been doing the stupid reckless trips for many years now and never really had too many bad things happen, but as DaFoolish one said, if you bring all the junk, you'll need none of it. I didn't bring a tube (for the first time in many trips) and guess what... Also, a 21" tube in a 19" tubeless wheel got me back to San Diego and then swapped for a 19" tube that I went around 90 the whole way back up to the Bay Area on.

On the Topas and Vados. Pay attention to them not just from a bike preservation perspective, but also if you are in town, it gives whatever form of LEO that happens to be around to shake you down for la mordida. Behave like the Romans when around civilization and you'll have zero problems.

I do have to admit, jumping the vados at speed was kinda fun. I think Yeti said saw some sparks on a couple of my landings.

I think the bottom line from DaFoole is that Baja can be as expensive as you want, as dangerous as you want, as adventurous as you want, and as safe as you want. It just depends on the flavor you're looking for and the budget. Just Paul says about $200 a day for his trips there and that is food/fuel/hotels. If you bring food and camp instead, that can drop dramatically, but now you're adding gear and reducing off road prowess.
Vic5491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #413
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic5491 View Post
At $200 a day, he must be staying in some mighty high end places or buying company from some very pretty senoritas.

$200/day......sweet luxury touring... We had good to fair rooms each night...ate some truly amazing meals, drank Mexican beer &rum to excess daily and spent less than that per person per day.....course we were splitting a room each night and I didn't factor in the hookers & blow...

As LTS notes you can reduce that A LOT by camping and self food prep...