Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #286
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,190
well done all! massive thanks to strummer for yet another great ride, this is just the latest ride in who knows how many over three years... maybe 200?

i worked through the receipts to see how much money he's made from organising, leading, and editing posting ride vids over the years and to date it's still around zero cents. well done, old bean, you're a great rider organiser but a hopeless businessman.

thanks to the sweep riders for a great effort, don't know how much dust you swallowed yesterday. here are a few pics....

i did notice a bit of attitude from one or two riders at first....

then there was some more attitude....

then it really started to catch on, especially from wes....

but turns out it was only the adv salute and peace offerings were made when i started to tear up a bit.

strummer's got an awful lot of video editing to do, i've got a small teaser one on the way and will post in a few hours....
Old 03-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #287
Strummer OP
Snail Trailer

Oddometer: 2,172
AWESOME PICS old sausage. Particularly like the attitude shots.
Well done.

Believe it or not, I've finished editing the vid. Looks great!
Mainly thanks to that guy who was riding around, avoiding corner stops, just so he could catch everyone on film.

Well done Mr B!!

Now I just have to grovel to optus and see if they'll increase my upload limit, so I can post the thing!!

Strummer's music here - https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem
Videos here:http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #288
Jared32
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Thumb Thanks guys

Thanks to strummer and helpers was a awesome trip
Was my first time out on snail trail
And definitely won't b my last
And thanks to Jason for letting us tag
Along for the ride to woodford
Jared32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #289
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,190
here's the teaser vid. strummer's full version will be up any day his internet connection improves....

Old 03-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #290
ScottL
Why Not!!!

Oddometer: 86
The video and pics look great guys, wish I could have made it.

As I wasn't there to say it in person, THANKS strummer for orgainsing these rides and everyone else for making them great, they always turn out to be a blast
ScottL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #291
Bumblebee1000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
AssClown

Here is a bit of Mr Elponkin being an AssClown very small video.

I dont know how to embed a video to so can someone tell me

http://youtu.be/7X-opMpedrQ
Bumblebee1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #292
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee1000 View Post
Here is a bit of Mr Elponkin being an AssClown very small video.

I dont know how to embed a video to so can someone tell me

http://youtu.be/7X-opMpedrQ
on the youtube page below the video, click share then embed and select window size. Copy and paste.

tada

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #293
Bumblebee1000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Thanks
Bumblebee1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 AM   #294
Andy_P
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzabren View Post
Hope all is good not 2 much damage body and bike.
Shattered tibial plateau and looks like ruptured ACL!! Was an awesome stack. Will be the last stack for at least 3 months though!! DR faired well, stock bars bent, and thats it.

Have to say well done to Strummer and all the organisers. A very well oiled operation I must say. Couple of spots there I would have turned around had I been by myself. Some good introductions for those of us new to dirt. Hopefully when I am all fixed up I can join in a few more of these rides.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #295
Peter GG
Peter GG

Oddometer: 376
Tinky..

Thanks heaps guys for a awesome ride and a special thanks to Strummer for organising!
I had such a great time. Felt good to be back riding after a year off Also a big thankyou for the pic of my little girl !!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #296
Hardhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,427
Congrats to Strummer and Co on a great ride by the looks of it.
It was good to get out to the start and catch up with a few old faces.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 AM   #297
Wasca
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_P View Post
Shattered tibial plateau and looks like ruptured ACL!! Was an awesome stack. Will be the last stack for at least 3 months though!! DR faired well, stock bars bent, and thats it.

Have to say well done to Strummer and all the organisers. A very well oiled operation I must say. Couple of spots there I would have turned around had I been by myself. Some good introductions for those of us new to dirt. Hopefully when I am all fixed up I can join in a few more of these rides.
Mate that's not good, I'm feeling for you.

So how did it all happen? slippery clay track? I know what that's like.
Wasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #298
Strummer OP
Snail Trailer

Oddometer: 2,172
Geez Andy. That's no good mate. I hope you heal quick and can join us again soon.

Oh, and why couldn't you do it while the cameras were on you?? Just selfish I reckon!

B1,
Thanks maaaaaate! Really appreciate the sentiment, the thanks and the support you have given to Snail Trails over the last couple of years. It's people like you, and all our regular riding buddies who make this idea come to life.

Video awesomely put together, as per your usual standards, although I don't know about the guy riding the orange bike in the yellow cape.....

A new type of superhero maybe??

Able to leap short ant mounds, usually without busting himself up... Stronger than ten men, especially after a long day riding in the hot sun... Faster than a comatose Snail.

It's CitrusMan

But seriously, most people who organise rides or club stuff, or help out by sweeping etc, do it because they get a kick out of helping people come together (keep it clean!), and I'm no exception.
I do these rides because I believe strongly in helping new riders to gain confidence, to challenge themselves in a supportive environment, and to benefit from the hard earned lessons of the more experienced riders.

Oh, and to take the piss out of eachother

But the many people who came up to me with big smiles and thanks at the end of the day more than paid me back for the effort.

Here's my highlights list (it's a Snail Trails tradition):

1. The smiles and whoops coming out of the helmets of Susie, Bec and several other new to dirt riders, as they realized "Hey! I can do this!!"

2. Riding with our lovely friend Tinky again. So good to see you back on 2 wheels, mummy!

3. Big Ed Bethel. Ed is 'of an age' and has a couple of health challenges at the moment. But I am in awe of his attitude and riding skills. Ed, I love having you on our rides, as it gives me hope that I will enjoy this sport well into my seventies. I've said it before mate, you are a legend!!

4. Clowning around with the posties, Clacka and Will always seem to bring a smile to my face as they punt the little marvels through the stickiest terrain. Gotta love the postie bikes, and gotta love the posties too!

5. Hooting it up with B1 on the whoopdees when nobody was looking! (Although I think he sped the video up a bit, I reckon I got atleast 30cm of air!!)

6. Seeing an airborn Transalp, and a Africa Twin being ridden like an enduro weapon. You guys rock!

7. The fact that, every time we stopped, people had the helmets off and were enjoying a yap with their fellow bikers. That is what these rides are all about. The social aspect. Afterall, the next best thing to riding, is talking about riding!

8. Finally, catching up with some guys and gals we have not seen for far too long, and meeting new friends that we hope to see before too long.

What are your highlights???

My vid should be up around 9pm tonite

Strummer's music here - https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem
Videos here:http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:44 AM   #299
Andy_P
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasca View Post
Mate that's not good, I'm feeling for you.

So how did it all happen? slippery clay track? I know what that's like.
Not sure mate, but I was going in a bit hot, downhill on a corner. Loose gravel, suspect I grabbed a bit to much front brake. Rookie mistake I reckon. Was a highside I think, which never usually end well. The saddest part about all of it was that I had filled the SD card and used up all the battery on the gopro, so no proof!!!

Nevermind, I shall return. Got a few months to fully farkle the new DRZ that is still crated up!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #300
Eddywoodgo
two wheeled nomad

Oddometer: 993
I went on the very first snail trails ride over Mt Mee, I think Mickd lead the day. That was just when i got my GSA. I remember those sphincter clenching moments. I think it was TK on a big Dl said to me, "your doing alright on that big pig".Those few words of encouragement made the a big difference to me.
I really enjoyed catching up with alot of people I have been on mutli-day rides with all over Qld on the weekend. I really enjoyed witnessing Susie grow in confidence and also standing back and watching other people helping her and providing advise. She must get sick of me so it was great to see others sharing their experience with her.
I also really enjoyed the sound and spectacle of so many bikes out and about.
Thanks Strummer, thanks helpers and riders alike.
It was also great to see so many women riding. Susie was really thrilled about this too. Go gals you good thangs!

I
Eddywoodgo is offline   Reply With Quote