ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
orgo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
BMW sevice in Georgia

Just got my 1200GS Saturday (2/23) .

I would like to go down to Fl. next week . I have about 250 mies on the bike and would like to get the 600 mile service completed before my trip. The problem being the weather is going to be cold and raining here in KY.

So I was thinking about the possibility of having it done somewhere in south GA on the way down to FL.

I have a real good relationship with BMW in Louisville and hate the idea of not going there for the service.

Any recommendation for a first class BMW dealer in south GA?
orgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
gspdbill
noobie allover again

Oddometer: 404
If you have a good relationship with your local dealer ask them what they recommend.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
orgo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I have a call in to them now and am waiting for Dwayne ,the service manager to get back from lunch.

Thanks for the suggestion
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 747
don't know of any BMW dealers in south GA but that's not saying there aren't any but I don't know of any..

as for ATL, there would be on that's right off I-75, BMW of Atlanta (Ducati as well). It's about 2 miles off I-75 in Marietta right next to Dobbins Air Force Base. Would be worth a call to see what they have scheduled and see if they can get you in, but I can't see that would be a problem. right around 285 and 75 if you look on a map. that would be the best option IMHO.

http://www.bmwmcoa.com/index.php
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
ccooper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
I don't think there is but 2 dealers in GA. BMW of Atlanta in Marietta and Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross. There are several in FL though. Congrats on the bike...how you liking it? I ordered my 1st BMW (2013 F800GS) about 3 weeks. Just waiting on the factory to build it.
ccooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
orgo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for replies. Atlanta would be a good option.

I love the GS. I initially went to the dealer to look at 700 and 800GS's

the 700 with a low seat fit me and felt great and I handled real nice and I was about to pull the trigger. The 800 was too tall for my 30" inseam but felt real strong powerful.
they happened to have 1200 there with low suspension and I made the mistake of taking it out for a run.

I was really impressed with all three bikes they are really impressive and any one of them would be an excellent choice

I'll be coming from an 08RT.

the GS's felt real nimble and superbly balanced, not that the RT is any slouch but for my 150 lbs the GS's are a better fit. But for sure the wind and weather protection of the RT especially in this cold rainy weather we have here in Kentucky this time of year is unsurpassed. Wish I could keep both bikes but RT will have to be sold
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,815
I'd be willing to bet BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta will not be able to schedule you in on that short of notice.

As an alternative I'd highly recommend Wes Burden at Apexcycleshop.com in Ellijay, GA, an hour or so north of Atlanta. Don't know if Wes can work you in that soon or not, but I'd say he is more likely to than BMW Atlanta.

Wes isn't a BMW dealer, but is the best BMW tech I know. I don't let anyone else touch my GS if I can avoid it.
mb90535im is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
ADVMAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
BMW atlanta does great work call them .