ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer
 
guitarhack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Oddometer: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
We'll catch up at MMM then.
Yep. Looking forward to it.

I enjoyed the visit and our ride last fall. Need to figure out a time to do it again. Maybe BYOB. Isn't it held up your way?
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
Laconic OP
Añejo
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhack View Post
Yep. Looking forward to it.

I enjoyed the visit and our ride last fall. Need to figure out a time to do it again. Maybe BYOB. Isn't it held up your way?
Seneca Rocks, WV, close to where we parted ways when I showed you the ride up north.

The house is always open.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 12,175
My Vee is still siting in the garage waiting for me to get off the interwebs. I need to do the valve check and chain/sprockets.

Thanks for the motivation... I'l start on it tomorrow.
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #19
Laconic OP
Añejo
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
My Vee is still siting in the garage waiting for me to get off the interwebs. I need to do the valve check and chain/sprockets.

Thanks for the motivation... I'l start on it tomorrow.
I have been working on taxes and cleaning house this morning; the bike still sits on the lift where I left it last night.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
Laconic OP
Añejo
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,186
I'm glad I checked it myself. I can't find my last set of measurements, but if I remember correctly, nothing has really changed since last time. So, 34,500 miles and still no adjustment needed.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 12,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
I'm glad I checked it myself. I can't find my last set of measurements, but if I remember correctly, nothing has really changed since last time. So, 34,500 miles and still no adjustment needed.
I wouldn't even bother with mine, if I didn't have to do most of the work involved just to change the air filter.
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
I'm glad I checked it myself. I can't find my last set of measurements, but if I remember correctly, nothing has really changed since last time. So, 34,500 miles and still no adjustment needed.

Of all the 4 stroke dirt bikes I've owned over the last dozen years or so, Husaberg FE350, 2 Yamaha YZ250Fs, and a KTM 250 XC-F, only one of the Yamahas has even needed reshimmed. Unless you're bouncing off the rev limiter or racing, it just doesn't happen as often as some folks would have you believe.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
Laconic OP
Añejo
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 16,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
I wouldn't even bother with mine, if I didn't have to do most of the work involved just to change the air filter.
It is an annoyance, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Of all the 4 stroke dirt bikes I've owned over the last dozen years or so, Husaberg FE350, 2 Yamaha YZ250Fs, and a KTM 250 XC-F, only one of the Yamahas has even needed reshimmed. Unless you're bouncing off the rev limiter or racing, it just doesn't happen as often as some folks would have you believe.
Yeah, I don't think my bike has seen 7000 more than once or twice.

Thanks for the help, BTW.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
It is an annoyance, isn't it?
Yeah, what's up with that??? Dirt bikes take a grand total of about 3 seconds to get to the air filter. Of course, I slap a fresh one in there every ride. I'd be much more tempted to change it out on the street bike if it didn't take a good chunk of a morning just to get to the thing...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
Yeah, I don't think my bike has seen 7000 more than once or twice.

Thanks for the help, BTW.
Absolutely. Hang on to that phone number. It's a good one to have.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014