ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #151
ironklad
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Herndon, VA
Oddometer: 81
+1 on the Holan ADV rack, great addition to the bike. Very secure mount for their top case, keeps the weight a few inches lower than the stock rack. Stainless handles are tucked out of the way and provide great tie-down points. Since you drill your own mounting holes on their cases you have quite a bit of space to work with, further back and more room for a passenger or closer in if you want to keep the weight closer in. Yeah it's not quick release but only takes 4 bolts with captured nuts and 2 with loose nuts, only takes a minute or two and it is absolutely solid when mounted.
ironklad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #152
scibeer
Lost
 
scibeer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Central Kali
Oddometer: 889
PM'd you on the 45L set with black lids. Thanks
__________________
Bill
scibeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #153
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by scibeer View Post
PM'd you on the 45L set with black lids. Thanks
Thanks Bill - back atcha!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #154
IRideASlowBike
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 1,786
About to purchase two 38L panniers. Jason, do the mounting kits also take a month to arrive, or do you have them in stock and can I order them at a later date?
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #155
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
About to purchase two 38L panniers. Jason, do the mounting kits also take a month to arrive, or do you have them in stock and can I order them at a later date?
Hi IRide - I've got the pannier mount kits in stock currently, and can add your pannier order to our factory order going in this weekend.

Let me know if you have any other questions?

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #156
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironklad View Post
+1 on the Holan ADV rack, great addition to the bike. Very secure mount for their top case, keeps the weight a few inches lower than the stock rack. Stainless handles are tucked out of the way and provide great tie-down points. Since you drill your own mounting holes on their cases you have quite a bit of space to work with, further back and more room for a passenger or closer in if you want to keep the weight closer in. Yeah it's not quick release but only takes 4 bolts with captured nuts and 2 with loose nuts, only takes a minute or two and it is absolutely solid when mounted.
Thanks ironklad - appreciate the real world feedback!

If you have any pictures of that custom spec'd system, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see them!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #157
IRideASlowBike
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hi IRide - I've got the pannier mount kits in stock currently, and can add your pannier order to our factory order going in this weekend.

Let me know if you have any other questions?

Thanks!

Jason, one final request. Could you post photos of all three sizes of panniers installed on some bikes for comparison? I know these pannier systems are made mainly for the big ADV bikes, but if you have any photos of the panniers installed on a bike as similar in dimensions to a Bonneville or Scrambler as possible, that would be awesome.

The photos on your website don't say what size panniers are in the photos.
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #158
loudog3114
n00b
 
Joined: May 2014
Oddometer: 1
Sitting on the edge of my seat to order about 2k worth of Holan products... when are you going to have some back in stock? I want the 38L grey kit, the 45l topcase grey kit, and the pro crashbars in black. I have to have them by June 20th or I will just have to go another route...
loudog3114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #159
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudog3114 View Post
Sitting on the edge of my seat to order about 2k worth of Holan products... when are you going to have some back in stock? I want the 38L grey kit, the 45l topcase grey kit, and the pro crashbars in black. I have to have them by June 20th or I will just have to go another route...
Hi loudog - sent you an email with some options to get you squared away before 6/20. We've got quite a few systems in stock for the GSW from both Holan and BUMOT and I'm sure we can find something that will meet your needs.

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #160
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
Jason, one final request. Could you post photos of all three sizes of panniers installed on some bikes for comparison? I know these pannier systems are made mainly for the big ADV bikes, but if you have any photos of the panniers installed on a bike as similar in dimensions to a Bonneville or Scrambler as possible, that would be awesome.

The photos on your website don't say what size panniers are in the photos.
Hi IRide - I'll try to get some pictures up later this evening. If you look at some of the existing pictures (either in this thread, or our other Vendor forum threads), the quick tip is to count the rivets on the front or back of the case. If it's two rivets, it's either a 31L or 38L (38L pannier will have more spacing outside of the rivets). 45L panniers will have three rivets along the back.

Thanks...
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #161
Greedyg76
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 16
Thumb 25l photo top case

Ordered the 25L top case from Jason @ advmotorrad and he went the extra mile to get it to me in time for my trip. As for the case, quality is top notch and priced better than any comparable on the market. I may just replace the Zega Panniers with a set of Holans because I like the 2mm aluminum construction so much

Greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #162
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bigboyxl's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Czech republic - Ukraine
Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hi IRide - I'll try to get some pictures up later this evening. If you look at some of the existing pictures (either in this thread, or our other Vendor forum threads), the quick tip is to count the rivets on the front or back of the case. If it's two rivets, it's either a 31L or 38L (38L pannier will have more spacing outside of the rivets). 45L panniers will have three rivets along the back.

Thanks...
Hi Jason,

I'll help you out with this one
Pictures of black Nomada PRO panniers on Triumph Bonneville



Cheers,
Oleksii
__________________
KTM LC4 640 Adventure 2006 KTM 530 EXC 2011
KTM LC8 1190 Adventure
www.alburmoto.com
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:32 AM   #163
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedyg76 View Post
Ordered the 25L top case from Jason @ advmotorrad and he went the extra mile to get it to me in time for my trip. As for the case, quality is top notch and priced better than any comparable on the market. I may just replace the Zega Panniers with a set of Holans because I like the 2mm aluminum construction so much

Thanks for the feedback, Greedyg76 - always happy to help, and looks like you're already putting that case to good use! If you decide to swap out your Zegas for Holans, just let me know...

Thanks again...
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:34 AM   #164
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
Hi Jason,

I'll help you out with this one
Pictures of black Nomada PRO panniers on Triumph Bonneville



Cheers,
Oleksii
Thanks Oleksii! I hadn't seen those pictures before, but that Bonneville looks ready to travel. Those look like 38L panniers, I think?
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:55 AM   #165
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bigboyxl's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Czech republic - Ukraine
Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Thanks Oleksii! I hadn't seen those pictures before, but that Bonneville looks ready to travel. Those look like 38L panniers, I think?
You are welcome Jason

Yes, that should be 38L PRO's (1st Gen)
Panniers (and bikes) had a lot of beating during this trip, check their blog for more pictures and great stories: http://earth-roamers.blogspot.com

Kind regards,
Oleksii
__________________
KTM LC4 640 Adventure 2006 KTM 530 EXC 2011
KTM LC8 1190 Adventure
www.alburmoto.com
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014