ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #76
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by damytzeus View Post
jason:
do you have photos of the rack with full views of the bike? it would help to understand the scale. also, be great if you had photos with nomada panniers.
Hi Damytzeus - here's a photo from one of our customers that has Holan panniers with the Adventure rack. He's got some stuff strapped down on top of it, but you can get a sense of how it sits lower on the bike versus the stock rack.




And from another angle...


__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 09-04-2013 at 04:13 AM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #77
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by damytzeus View Post
from the photo, it looks like the second bar at the top right side guard could obscure the LED half ring on right side -facing bike- of the light. a head-on photo would confirm this.

what's your return policy?
I've asked for any additional pics that Holan has (particularly with the LED light), and will post them up ASAP. I think the angle of the photo is what is causing it to look like it could obscure the LED ring, but want to make sure...they're pretty good about following the outer contour of headlight housings to mimic the shape without intruding into the actual lens area.

No problem on returns or exchanges, although I'd prefer to make sure we get everything squared away before the part ships out from our shop...makes it easier for both of us!

Thanks...
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #78
notacop01
Adventurer
 
notacop01's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 88
Will a full size helmet fit in the left pannier on the 45L system?

Thanks in advance!
notacop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #79
damytzeus
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: denver co
Oddometer: 91
order submitted

jason:

thanks a bunch for all your assistance. i placed order for:
- 38L panniers with stainless racks
- lock set
- carry handles for panniers
- holan headlight guard
- rearset outlet and;
- crashbung

you responsiveness and overall service has been irreproachable. it really matters. you da man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
I've asked for any additional pics that Holan has (particularly with the LED light), and will post them up ASAP. I think the angle of the photo is what is causing it to look like it could obscure the LED ring, but want to make sure...they're pretty good about following the outer contour of headlight housings to mimic the shape without intruding into the actual lens area.

No problem on returns or exchanges, although I'd prefer to make sure we get everything squared away before the part ships out from our shop...makes it easier for both of us!

Thanks...
damytzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #80
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by notacop01 View Post
Will a full size helmet fit in the left pannier on the 45L system?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Notacop01 - the 45L pannier has an exterior width of 11"; however, there is a 1/2" lip on the pannier opening to help with waterproofness. If the widest point of your helmet is less than 9.75" (10" pannier opening), it should fit, but for most larger helmets (especially dual sports helmets with visors, accessories like Bluetooth, etc.), it probably won't. A helmet does fit nicely in a 38L top box (see here for more info) with some room to spare.

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #81
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by damytzeus View Post
jason:

thanks a bunch for all your assistance. i placed order for:
- 38L panniers with stainless racks
- lock set
- carry handles for panniers
- holan headlight guard
- rearset outlet and;
- crashbung

you responsiveness and overall service has been irreproachable. it really matters. you da man.
Damytzeus, thanks very much! All parts in stock will ship out today, and I'll keep you posted once I get the shipment notification from Poland that we have pannier systems en route.

Thanks again....
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #82
notacop01
Adventurer
 
notacop01's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hi Notacop01 - the 45L pannier has an exterior width of 11"; however, there is a 1/2" lip on the pannier opening to help with waterproofness. If the widest point of your helmet is less than 9.75" (10" pannier opening), it should fit, but for most larger helmets (especially dual sports helmets with visors, accessories like Bluetooth, etc.), it probably won't. A helmet does fit nicely in a 38L top box (see here for more info) with some room to spare.

Thanks!
Thank you for the speedy response!
notacop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #83
damytzeus
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: denver co
Oddometer: 91
jason:

just curious. have you shown any pics of 31L panniers? don't recall seeing any. with the 31L, what's the capacity of the pannier with the exhaust cutout? would love to see photos.

thank you.
damytzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #84
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by damytzeus View Post
jason:

just curious. have you shown any pics of 31L panniers? don't recall seeing any. with the 31L, what's the capacity of the pannier with the exhaust cutout? would love to see photos.

thank you.
Hey damytzeus - unforutnately, I just looked through my available images and don't have any pictures of 31L panniers (with the exhaust cut) mounted up. I'll see if I can go back through the archives again, and/or see if Holan has any, but every picture I found with the exhaust cut-out was either a 38L or 45L system! I've got a few pictures of 31L cases mounted on a couple of different bikes, but they are of non-cut, asymmetrical systems.

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #85
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
We've been adding more and more parts to our catalog to support the new GSW! You can see the full line up here, and we've got most of these parts in stock and ready to ship!

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #86
notacop01
Adventurer
 
notacop01's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 88
Thumb

I just ordered a black on black 38L Nomada Pro pannier system for my 2014 GSW!

I almost ordered some Zega Pro's but i just cant get over how far they stick out. I also like the lipped lid design of the Nomada's. The $300 price difference is nice too.

I can't wait to see them on the bike! (I also can't wait for the bike!)
notacop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:32 AM   #87
middleview
gizmo
 
middleview's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oz (D.C. area)
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hi Notacop01 - the 45L pannier has an exterior width of 11"; however, there is a 1/2" lip on the pannier opening to help with waterproofness. If the widest point of your helmet is less than 9.75" (10" pannier opening), it should fit, but for most larger helmets (especially dual sports helmets with visors, accessories like Bluetooth, etc.), it probably won't. A helmet does fit nicely in a 38L top box (see here for more info) with some room to spare.

Thanks!
I have a 45L box on my bike. A Schuberth C3 with the collar-mount SRC intercom must be "squeezed" past the lip on the box, but it does fit on the left-side. I haven't tried to put it in the right side with the cutout - not sure it'll be deep enough.
middleview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #88
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by middleview View Post
I have a 45L box on my bike. A Schuberth C3 with the collar-mount SRC intercom must be "squeezed" past the lip on the box, but it does fit on the left-side. I haven't tried to put it in the right side with the cutout - not sure it'll be deep enough.
Middleview, thanks for the real-world feedback...greatly appreciated!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #89
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,845
Jason, I have a question, maybe you can help.

I'm looking at the stainless steel luggage rack for the R1200GS (2013):



What is the "optional top case plate" here? Is that the thing in the photo? I can select one, it doesn't change the final price if I say it's not needed. I probably don't need one as I like to mount a Givi case with their E250 standard, but if it's "free" I'd definitely get one. If it would be cheaper not to get one I might think about that option.

Can you elaborate a bit here?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #90
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Jason, I have a question, maybe you can help.

I'm looking at the stainless steel luggage rack for the R1200GS (2013):



What is the "optional top case plate" here? Is that the thing in the photo? I can select one, it doesn't change the final price if I say it's not needed. I probably don't need one as I like to mount a Givi case with their E250 standard, but if it's "free" I'd definitely get one. If it would be cheaper not to get one I might think about that option.

Can you elaborate a bit here?
Hi cug - happy to help! There are essentially two plates that come with the Holan ADV rack (and all Holan top case mounts) - a luggage plate with the laser cut logo which is shown in the picture, and a "reinforcement plate" which attaches to the bottom of the top case and provides additional strength. The only thing that changes when ordering a specfic size mount is the reinforcement plate...the luggage plate and rack stay the same, and the width of the reinforcement plate increases or decreases based on top case size. If you look closely at the top case in the picture below, you can just see the reinforcement plate bolted on to the bottom of the 25L Photo top case. The other picture is of a Tiger 800 showing the reinforcement plate just loosely sitting on top of the luggage plate before being bolted to the floor of the case.




Net-net, with the Holan ADV rack, you get the tubular stainless rack, a luggage plate with threaded top case mounting inserts, a reinforcement plate to stiffen the bottom of any flat-bottom case (sized for Holan cases, but universal), and all mounting hardware. Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

I may have a couple of "factory seconds" for the ADV rack that I'm going to do for a nice discount....PM me if interested...

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014