ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #91
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy_Crk View Post
Howdy folks. Sorry if I'm cluttering up your thread but I figured you'd be the ones to ask.

I'm riding into town tomorrow (Fri) for a small event downtown and looking for the inside track on a decent place to stay that's close enough to the tabernacle to either walk back after or a short enough ride that isn't a mood killer in 35-40 degree weather. I haven't been downtown in about 8 years so don't have any real clue what's good, safe, and realistically priced ($28 bucks mandatory valet parking for a bike, really?)
Why don't you hit up the Tent Space Map! If I weren't out of town you'd be staying at my house. Hotels downtown near the Tab are pricey, The Glenn is nice and there is a double-tree right there behind the Tab. I haven't personally stayed at any of them but have visited. The Glenn has a nice roof deck with a good view. But really there are so many right there, the omni, holiday inn exp....and on and on. Good luck!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #92
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,684
Try The Glenn downtown. Its just a few blocks away and has parking.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #93
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Why don't you hit up the Tent Space Map! If I weren't out of town you'd be staying at my house. Hotels downtown near the Tab are pricey, The Glenn is nice and there is a double-tree right there behind the Tab. I haven't personally stayed at any of them but have visited. The Glenn has a nice roof deck with a good view. But really there are so many right there, the omni, holiday inn exp....and on and on. Good luck!
Completely agree, the ADV Tent Space map is awesome. I used it a ton on my last trip out to Baja. You meet great people and get local insight. There are four hosts listed close to the downtown area.
175grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #94
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over

Oddometer: 721
Thanks folks! Went with the Glenn. Keep an eye out for the guy freezing on the black/white F650.
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #95
2bsure
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Rides

hi,
Anyone in this group still meet for rides or meet at Zuffy's for dinner? Took a class on Wednesday nights for several months and lost contact.

Hope all is well,
Gary
2012 Triumph Tiger XC
2bsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #96
Thunder-dog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
CABIN FEVER Must ride

I plan on riding my 990 this pm North GA around 1:00 to 5:00 or so. Pavement and some FS roads. Anyone interested let me know! I live SE of Canton and will start from there.
Lee 7703311953
Thunder-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #97
srelegante OP
srelegante

Oddometer: 192
Curt's Cold Butt Weekend-NC, this weekend

We are headed up to Western NC this weekend. All road ride, nothing technical.

We are staying at the Fontana Village Inn

http://www.fontanavillage.com/accommodations/lodge.html

All skill levels welcome, as well as significant others. Drop me a PM if you are interested. Most of us are headed up Friday lunch and coming back Sunday. Some are headed up Saturday am.

SE
srelegante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #98
flyfire58
Put the monkey to it

Oddometer: 29
Northern Talledega NF ride

Going to explore the Talledega NF north of I-20 tomorrow. Planning on branching off the Skyline road onto some of the other fs/cr/jeep trail. Leaving Scott's chevron in Yorkville at 10 am if you want to meet up. Also posted this on the NGDSR facebook page.
flyfire58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #99
srelegante OP
srelegante

Fantastic weekend!

We had a great time this weekend in NC.

Stayed at the Fontana Village Inn http://www.fontanavillage.com/ - great place!

Also burned up a tire-these folks got me fixed up in a hurry, for a very fair price.

Wheeler's Performance
2035 Tapoco Road
Rt. 129, 2 miles north of Robbinsville, NC 28771.

Stop in and tell them Curt with the black Tiger said hey!

Hope to post some pics later.

SE
srelegante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #100
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 832
Twains Thurdsay 13th

if anyone is interested, I'm meeting a buddy or two at Twains in Decatur thursday night. I know in the past they have had a bike night on Thursdays and have no idea if they are still doing that but I plan to ride. I"m sure it'll be chilly but no big deal I don't get to ride the SE-R that often on the street. :)

http://www.twains.net

I"ll be there around 7-7:30 (just before dark I think) and will hang out for a couple of hours. Look for a KTM 950 Super Enduro and riding gear (probably something hi-vis). I think FriedDuck and his 690 will join me if it's running and possibly some others. Will cross post in a few places.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #101
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
if anyone is interested, I'm meeting a buddy or two at Twains in Decatur thursday night. I know in the past they have had a bike night on Thursdays and have no idea if they are still doing that but I plan to ride. I"m sure it'll be chilly but no big deal I don't get to ride the SE-R that often on the street. :)

http://www.twains.net

I"ll be there around 7-7:30 (just before dark I think) and will hang out for a couple of hours. Look for a KTM 950 Super Enduro and riding gear (probably something hi-vis). I think FriedDuck and his 690 will join me if it's running and possibly some others. Will cross post in a few places.
I'm right around the corner from Twains and I'd meet you guys but I have class on Thursday nights. And this Thursday I think I'm heading straight from class up to Tellico for the March Moto Madness event!
175grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:01 AM   #102
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 841
Can I get a recommendation on a good machine shop on the east side of metro (Decatur/Stone Mountain area)? I have a couple small, precision jobs but don't trust Any Guy With A Welder to do it.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #103
srelegante OP
srelegante

Machine Shop

Not sure on that one-I would call MSP and ask them for a referral.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #104
Beater
Mighty Unclean

Oddometer: 3,111
Eric at British in the City is pretty good, but he's not really into ADV riding. It depends on what you need. What do you need?

PS - When's the next ride?

PS - I'll be at Twains this Thurs. It's just right down the street for me, as I won;t even get the pipes warm. Riding a, '85 g/sified BMW.
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #105
srelegante OP
srelegante

Thursday

Twains has atrophied down to almost nothing.

Been meeting at Augustine's on Memorial.

SE