User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
shedmarket OP
Chris

Oddometer: 420
Group Buy - Ready Ramp - Who's In

I haven't approached him yet, it will depend on the numbers, but he states he does group discounts so let's try him out.

Full details of product here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988422

I am in for two so the current list is;

shedmarket - 2

total - 2

(Bloody hell, it hope it increases a bit)
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 759
Thumb

I'm keen for one if he makes them to fit a Holden Crewman? A mate if mine only asked me a week ago about one of these, so possibly two.

2011 Yamaha XT660R
TRX850 Fun, Fun, Fun
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
shedmarket OP
Chris

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
I'm keen for one if he makes them to fit a Holden Crewman? A mate if mine only asked me a week ago about one of these, so possibly two.

I think they are a one size fits all type of thing but, from memory, there are some pictures of a Commodore on his site.

Hopefully they might chip in here and advise what they can do price wise for the buy and answer the technical questions that come up.

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
stretch49
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Im interested, seen before in Yank mags but to exxy with post from the states. Be keen if the Group buy price is good.
07 Bandit 1250S , 07 DR 650 , 05 DL 650, Yamaha XTX 660.-
stretch49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #5
ReadyRampGeoff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Thumb ReadyRamp on Crewman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
Hi Tiggs,
I've been a bit slack on this one; I swore that I would get every make and model of Aussie vehicle tested before launching the website, but I've been mainly concentrating on the 4x4's.

Must admit that I'm unsure about the newer Commodore Utes. I have tried it on an older 2000 VE and it didn't work; the tailgate restraining wires were too inboard to allow the ramp to open up when acting as the tray extender.

If you've got the inclination, if you can measure between the wires referencing these measurements, you should be able to work out whether it will fit.

Having said all that, I'd need to see the latching mechanism to see whether it can be supported with the current level of hardware. Seems that the Falcon and Commodore have a completely different setup to the rest of the industry?!

I'll swing past the Holden dealership tomorrow and get back to you.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Geoff
ReadyRampGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
stretch49
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Hi Geoff, Private message sent.
07 Bandit 1250S , 07 DR 650 , 05 DL 650, Yamaha XTX 660.-
stretch49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
ReadyRampGeoff
Adventurer

Thumb ReadyRamp Attachment hardware

Guys,
Because there's been a few questions around attachment, I've taken some photos of the hardware which is supplied. As you can see there's quite a few items at your disposal to ensure it fits your vehicle.

The full hardware kit

The top clip, which can be used to hook onto a top post, or turned into a hook for attachment to any type of vehicle reciever. (here on a 2014 Hilux)

The larger post, generally used to lock into the tailgate reciever, for vehicles like the 2014 Navara

The thinner post, generally used to lock into the tailgate reciever, for vehicles like the 2014 Ford Ranger/Mazda BT-50 and 2014 Hilux.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions/concerns about fitment to your vehicle, I'm happy to help!

Cheers
Geoff
Old 06-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyRampGeoff View Post
Hi Tiggs,
I've been a bit slack on this one; I swore that I would get every make and model of Aussie vehicle tested before launching the website, but I've been mainly concentrating on the 4x4's.

Must admit that I'm unsure about the newer Commodore Utes. I have tried it on an older 2000 VE and it didn't work; the tailgate restraining wires were too inboard to allow the ramp to open up when acting as the tray extender.

If you've got the inclination, if you can measure between the wires referencing these measurements, you should be able to work out whether it will fit.

Having said all that, I'd need to see the latching mechanism to see whether it can be supported with the current level of hardware. Seems that the Falcon and Commodore have a completely different setup to the rest of the industry?!

I'll swing past the Holden dealership tomorrow and get back to you.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Geoff
Cheers Geoff, I check it out and see if my Crewman is bigger than the back of the older Commodore Ute.

2011 Yamaha XT660R
TRX850 Fun, Fun, Fun
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:00 AM   #9
ReadyRampGeoff
Adventurer

ReadyRamp in Holden Utes

Hi Guys,
In case you hadn't caught it, I responded to the questions around the Holden Commodore utes in a different thread, located here.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...87&postcount=8

Cheers
Geoff