User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
gmsnowball OP
Black Bear Pass

Oddometer: 883
Hillbilly Dual Sport

Uncle Dave asked me to post the upcoming Hillbilly Dual Sport ride in Eureka Springs. It is scheduled for 4-7 April 2013 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The host motel is the Ozark Swiss Inn 3601 E Van Buren phone 1-800-833-8450 or 479-253-6688. This is an informal dual sport ride that features everything from awesome paved twisties to fairly gnarly single track.

There are no registration fees, T shirts or BS just a bunch of dual sporters having fun and riding the great trails around Eureka Springs. There is a group get together in the evenings and lots of beer drinking and bench racing will take place. There are excellent restaurants and cafés in the area as well as many unique one of a kind places to eat out on the trail.

Post up if you plan to attend or need more info. There are many inmates that have made the annual trek and would be happy to help.

The In List

Uncle Dave
gmsnowball
DrLewall
Fast Eddie
Phillipe Nob Your Dob
Bob
JC
Phil
Jeanne
Robocop
Shawnee Bill
Vinduroman
Vinne the Snake
Durtrider

12 Super Tenere

gmsnowball screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 06:35 PM
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,771
Oh I beg to differ! There will be plenty of BS through out the day and especially around the campfire! I should be in attendance
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
durtrider
adventure sow

Oddometer: 667
I'm hoping to make it. I may have to pull off at the last minute, but so far it's looking like I'll be there.
durtrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
The wife and I are thinking about attending for a day or so. Few questions:

* Is it based out of Eureka Springs, so we'll be back at Eureka Springs at the end of each day? (We don't do camping. )

* Route sheets, or a group w/guide ride?

* IF a group w/guide: Do all ride as one group and we take what we get terrain wise, or different groups hitting different skill level stuff? (Similar to SLAP.)

* IF all one group... would there be ride-arounds for the tougher stuff? (Wife rides at a Novice level.)

Thanks for any input!

V-man
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
The wife and I are thinking about attending for a day or so. Few questions:

* Is it based out of Eureka Springs, so we'll be back at Eureka Springs at the end of each day? (We don't do camping. )

yes..they base out of the motel (see first post above) and if you dont break down, you will be back in ES at the end of each day, providing you're stayin in ES

* Route sheets, or a group w/guide ride?

Usually no route sheets..kinda like SLAP, someone will take the lead and take off..usually a discussion of a general direction is known by all in the group, EX: Oark or Jasper and known hazards, like water crossings or single track sections

* IF a group w/guide: Do all ride as one group and we take what we get terrain wise, or different groups hitting different skill level stuff? (Similar to SLAP.)

Pretty much, yeah..you can always bail on the group so at least let someone know, point or sweep would be best to advise

* IF all one group... would there be ride-arounds for the tougher stuff? (Wife rides at a Novice level.)

Hopefully someone in the group will know their way around, but then agn, maybe they wont..it's a crap shoot...most of everyone that will be attending will not be from this area. Some have been here many times before and know some of the area, and mostly rely on past GPS trax, and most likely, the terrain has changed some since they were here last year, so heads up

Thanks for any input!

V-man
hope this helps....it is a fun ride, but then I know the area and if I dont like the leader, I can bail.

one incident two yrs ago was our group came upon another group (I was not leading, I was tagging along) that was stopped due to a minor get off...with the two groups together, there were better than 30 riders all bunched together. When our leader took off, some of the stopped group took off with him and some of our group stayed thinking it was the crashed group taking off..some folks were kinda put off cause they ended up in the wrong group..an excellent way for a novice rider to get mixed in with the narly experts and vice versa...thats when I came up with colored duct tape on the back of your helmet, that way everyone who saw a red tape take off, would follow or stay depending on what color tape/team he/she was on..so be alert there too.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

So you're going to be there Doc?

If so, what type of ride will you be going on? If you're going on a "scenic" type ride, we'll follow you.

If there isn't a "scenic" type ride available, if we stick with you (regardless of whether you're leading or not) and we come upon something Honey Buns doesn't need to tackle... think you could point us toward a ride-around?

IF we do this, it would be for the Saturday and Sunday ride.

V-man
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Vinnie the Snake
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,093
Planning on being in town.......

2008 - Vintage TAT - Ut, Nv, Or
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331983

2009 - Vintage TAT - NC, Tn, Ms, Ar
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507149

2010 - Unfinished Business Tour - TAT, CDR Shadow of the Rockies
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615279
Vinnie the Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
So you're going to be there Doc?

If so, what type of ride will you be going on? If you're going on a "scenic" type ride, we'll follow you.

If there isn't a "scenic" type ride available, if we stick with you (regardless of whether you're leading or not) and we come upon something Honey Buns doesn't need to tackle... think you could point us toward a ride-around?

IF we do this, it would be for the Saturday and Sunday ride.

V-man
my thinkin is a ride down from ES thru madison CO over to newton co thru murray and lunch at burger barn in ozone, and then thru oark back north to ES
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Sounds great for Saturday... what ride on Sunday?

V-man
Old 03-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,700
Damn, this ride sure looks fun but conflicts with the WarmWudi at Combs. Damn!!!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Damn, this ride sure looks fun but conflicts with the WarmWudi at Combs. Damn!!!
the wudi ride is limited to mill creek and surrounding area..hillbilly run can take you thru SWMO and all of NWA
Old 03-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Okay Doc. Honey Buns and me are still planning on trying to make the Hillbilly, arriving Friday evening and riding on Saturday, and maybe ride a bit on Sunday, or not have to hurry on the loading up and heading home part.

How 'ya fixed on goats?

Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
DrLewall
The Human GPS

I am pretty sure I will pick up a few strays come saturday mornin
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #14
Movinfr8
n00b

Oddometer: 7
May try to make this ride, or the AK 500 the following weekend. Coming from Memphis TN area makes for a bit longer ride, more of an excursion and days(s) off work...
Norm
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Movinfr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
gmsnowball OP
Black Bear Pass

Oddometer: 883
Wicked Try it you'll like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movinfr8 View Post
May try to make this ride, or the AK 500 the following weekend. Coming from Memphis TN area makes for a bit longer ride, more of an excursion and days(s) off work...
Norm
Doc says you'll like it...with or without goats...

12 Super Tenere
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote