ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #286
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 696
Just got back from the weekend, what a great time! Met a great group of people, had fun, fell off the side of the world, picked up a new obsession. All in a weekends work, Thanks to Chris, Mark, Joann, Curtis, Tony and all of the others (soo many, and no-one said here would be a quiz ) that made this such a great time. If you missed out, con't miss next year!!
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #287
_Magoo_ OP
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair View Post
We did a nice ride today. It wasn't the big ride but it was a great ride. Thanks to everyone who went out with me. We all took a hand at navigation and that worked out well.

Thanks for leading that first group over the Camino Real loop, Tim---we needed to split up those riders into two groups.

Awesome weekend of riding, thanks to everyone that participated and supported NMOHVA and NMTA!

magoo

_Magoo_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #288
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer: 5,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
Awesome weekend of riding, thanks to everyone that participated and supported NMOHVA and NMTA!

magoo
Good job, Magoo and thanks agian for hauling my DR650 up there. We had a flat on the R1100R going home, but our bacon was saved by Marc Beyer at OCD Cycles. Yes, I got a serviceable tire mounted on a Sunday. Complete story in another thread.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Eurobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #289
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,597
FFFFKKKKing WOW! Nirvana weekend for me. Awesome riding with Ben Dubiniki (Dubinsky ) on the dual sport trials. Thanks to Mark, JoAnne and Magoo for the event and NMOHVA. Thanks in a large way to all the vendors for the extensive schwag. Someone left a bag of lube and schwag in my trailer - uh thank you. The weather had a bit of wind on Friday but otherwise a killer good karma place and weather. Captn' Rick threw it down again on Friday night, Mark again with the moonshine. I'm still dreaming about the 990 Baja Edition sled and the Husaberg. So happy Larry didn't die on his mountain DRZ launch, trials was killer, food was good, smiles were everywhere. The ride up on Thursday and back today with a mix of rain on the KLR Taos high road was ballin'.

Those that were there and who I met will all agree the weekend was a perfect venue. Those that weren't there, shame shame shame. Next year gotta make the first weekend in June a must do.

Magoo, we make a great team. Oh yea, Uncle Gordy would not let me ride his farkle Beta .

Lastly, thanks to Bruce and Winona - Sipapu's finest.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #290
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF706 View Post
Picked up a new obsession. All in a weekends work, !!

Welcome to the dark side. I sort of feel bad for you and Ben. When the trials bug bites you, it bites you bad.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #291
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,267
I only saw three DS bikes in the section’s this weekend

and

I didn’t get any pic’s of the other guy, he was too fast (and my camera skills suck)

Herr are a few others from the weekend

this is trailboss on the scariest log I have ever ridden, it is amazing how lame it looks in the pic

Big Al showing us how it is done

some Frisbee golfers

Gordy making his way round the trees

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #292
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
GREAT TIME! Thanks for everyone's hospitality, hands down the best MC event I have been to. Props to Chris for putting this together and all the great people I met and my fellow podium dual-sport trials winners (thanks for letting me romp on your trials bike Tony)

Here are a few of the pictures I got.......

Great Sipipu Patio

Camp for the weekend

On Friday I did about 75 miles on most of the open single track and quad stuff. I think the coolest thing is how the meadows open up after slogging through the trees

Saturday I did the dual sport trials event and had a blast. It is humbling when an XR650l takes 1st Thanks for all the help guys, I wish I could get more into trials.

Tony showing me the line on the section they said was too hard for us dual-sports and and we were supposed to skip

I watched some of the afternoon riders do some awesome sections

After a while I went and tried to do one of the last single track trails I missed on Friday. It turned into quite the ride and I was so sick of fallen tree logs. I think I rode more logs in 2 hours then I have in the past year and a half. Once I got to the top I was going to continue on (I think trail 22) but there were still unbroken drifts and I figured the dead fall would be awful. The bike was already boiling over and I decided I did not want to hike out of the forest by my self in MC boots, besides I had to make the BBQ

The raffle and BBQ were a ton of fun

Thanks I had a blast
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #293
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
It is humbling when an XR650l takes 1st
you should see what that guy can do on a trials bike

and you should get yourself a trials bike

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #294
mdsnitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Thanks for a great weekend! That Saturday loop (figure 8?) was just what I needed.

The family had a great time out of town and it looks like I'll be looking for a couple smaller dirt bikes soon. Also, thanks for including Alex in the raffle on Saturday, he had fun calling out numbers.

I met a lot of great folks in Sipapu. I look forward to riding with you all again. Feel free to PM me anytime, I'll ride with anyone... at least once.

Matt
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #295
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Cool2

What a fun Shindig, both dual sport and trials!

NMTG and I led a dual sport ride on Friday that only one inmate was brave enough to follow: Hapuah (sorry I cannot seem to figure out how to spell it even enough for a google site search to find it!).

here we are at El Camino Real

here we are at the meadow overlooking Jicarita.

Very similar view at the top of Cerro del Oso but wow was it windy up there.

With H. on his DR650 and NMTG on his DRZ, my LRP felt surrounded by yellow but up to the task of bravely carrying the red banner. NM 518 to FR 469 to El Camino Real to FR114, zip across NM 518 to FR 442 for its length (with the slight up-and-back to Cerro del Oso) until it meets FR 439, follow 439 until it meets NM 518 and back to Sipapu. We stopped at the beaver ponds on 439 and saw a blue heron but we were too slow to get any pics. You'll just have to go there and see it for yourself.

I only got a few pics in Saturday's Uppers #6 section but had a lot of photo ops on Sunday in sections #7 and 8.

It was sure nice to see the folks travelling from AZ, OK, CO, TX, and KS to ride the trials. Hope you-all enjoyed the fresh mountain air (what there is of it at 9-10K+ ft...) and had fun!

I hope the Hassler's post the NMTA pic that Lauri took. It shows folks in the new Team New Mexico gear, all spiffy and clean, so for that moment, we all looked as good as Hammer does every day!

see ya at next year's Shindig!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #296
_Magoo_ OP
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,323
Sipapu Shindig pics

Awesome pictures, Laurie!

Here's a few I took during the weekend, didn't catch Larry's DRZ downhill adventure.....
Saturday morning ride meeting

view of Jicarita Peak

view from the top of Cerro del Oso

there's an old Camino Real trail info sign that's badly in need of a facelift...

Dave & Mike at Saturday's BBQ on the patio:

Saturday's BBQ

Joanne at the BBQ:

Dubinky Ben at the BBQ

Selaznog & Trailwerks

_Magoo_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #297
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,852
Awesome time!

NMTrailbitch.....er, boss and I were talking today on how we have been competing at Sipapu for what, 7 years now and this event was the most fun we have ever had there. Don't get me wrong we have fun every time we ride at Sip, but this one topped them all. Good rides, good friends old and new, a bunch of Trials riders joined us from Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, Dual-sport guys from the aforementioned states along with Alaska ( ), along with riders from both camps from states that I missed. Kudos to those who got this silliness together including but not limited to -

NMTA

NMHOVA

Magoo

Mark and Joanne

NMTrailboss

ATeamNM

Bruce and Winona

Sipapu Lodge

and all of the truly awesome folks in our extended family. Miss Bitters and I had Large Fun this weekend, and we are already looking forward to next year. Thanks again everyone!
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #298
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,959
All kinds of strange wildlife in the trees at Sipapu this weekend!

Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #299
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Awesome time!

NMTrailbitch.....er, boss and I were talking today on how we have been competing at Sipapu for what, 7 years now and this event was the most fun we have ever had there.

Miss Bitters and I had Large Fun this weekend, and we are already looking forward to next year. Thanks again everyone!
Miss Bitters, well I love her.

+1

Foot note:

11 years ago Ray (RWRoblin) and I asked miss Bolander (Head Bitch) why there is not a 2 day event at Sip. Her response; no one has stepped up to do a 2 day on Saturday. RWRoblin said hell I live in Texas, Ateam and I will set a Saturday trials. The rest is history. Now there will be a 2 day Shingdig the first weekend in June at Sipapu. The rest will be history.

Thanks to all the ADV FF's that came. In 10 years it will be an epic ADV ride.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #300
MrBob
Certified Geezer

Oddometer: 7,561
The riding was most excellent but what really impressed me were the hummingbirds at the feeders. There must have been several dozen humming around them. They put on quite a show and seemed completely unconcerned about the people nearby.
Oh, and when I asked the ladies in the store if the bikers were big spenders they just laughed.