ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Qwik OP
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,124
Mothers day Benefit Ride

Mods please let me know if this is in the wrong forum

The Robby Fund is a NonProfit raising Funds and Awareness for Cystic Fibrosis and is raising Money for The Bay Area Childrens Hospitals (Lucille Packard, Oakland Childrens and SF)

May 12,2013 I am helping in putting together a Motorcycle Ride through the Bay Area, beginning in San Francisco. I am grateful that 'CYCLE GEAR' has offered their Properties as starting points and Meeting Spots along the Route, which will begin at 9am(kickstands up by 9:30am) at Cycle Gear SF/1500 Harrison Street,San Francisco,94103 (415)487-2710,May 12,2013. Coffee and Donuts will be Provided for all attendees. The Route will continue down Hwy 280 South to Woodside Rd (Hwy 84)Eastbound and meet up at the Next DONATION DEPOT at Cycle Gear Redwood City/1326 El Camino Real,Redwood City,94063 (650)365-1100,by approx 10:45am.At Each DONATION DEPOT, riders will be able to purchase Robby Fund stuff like Scarves,Bracelets and T Shirts, as well as Sponsoring ROBBY BEARS to give to the Children of 3 Childrens Hospitals (UCSF,Lucile Packard and Oakland).

By 11:30am Kickstands will raise up from Redwood City,Westbound Woodside Rd (Hwy 84) and Continue to Southbound Hwy 280 to San Jose,Cycle Gear San Jose for another Donation Depot,1515 Parkmoor Avenue,San Jose,95128 (408)288-5051 for a quick bite and Beverages and more availability to purchase Robby Fund Stuff. We should arrive at the San Jose Donation Depot by 12:15pm

By 1:30pm, Kickstands raise up one more time and head Northbound 280 to Northbound 880 toward Fremont where the Fund Ride will end at THE SADDLE RACK in Fremont,42011 Boscell Rd,Fremont,94538 (510) 979-0477. We should arrive in Fremont by 2:30pm

ALL THE TIMES LISTED ARE ESTIMATIONS and giving a lot of time between DONATION DEPOTS to give people plenty of time to ride with the group, this isnt a race, this is a FUN FUND RIDE

By 3pm, there will be Food,Beverages and a Silent Auction with some real exciting items (dont want to ruine the surprise!). I am still trying to loate some fun entertainment for the Event and am open to suggestions if you know of any groups/people who would be interested!

Here are just SOME of the Companies/Vendors that are participating

KRTY

OAC Services

San Jose Harley Davidson

LeGrande Affaire Limousine

Cycle Gear

KTM

Santa Clara Cycle

The Saddle Rack

Alice's Restaurant

with MORE to come

( A primary Sponsor is needed. If you are interested in Donating an Auction Item or Participating your Company,please contact me!)

The Auction will continue until around 5 or so, depending on the crowd

So, Bring Mama out,help raise awareness and have fun doing it! Im puttin on a PURPLE ROBBY FUND SCARF and hittin the Highways< come join Us!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Qwik OP
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,124
Hey Guys/Gals, We went and looked at the route. Cycle Gear in SF that was the original Starting Point has Almost No Parking. The Best buy (Just down the street past 101) has agreed to let us Use their Parking lot. The second stop that was going to be the Cycle gear in Redwood city is just as bad for parking. We talked to the Wells Fargo on Woodside Road in Woodside has agreed to allow us use of their lot. (Closer to the freeway and nicer) Then on to San Jose and the Meridian Cycle gear and Harley Davidson Dealership. From there we will be riding up to the Saddle rack in Fremont for the Silent Auction and ride finish.
The List of contributors is growing and now includes
OAC Services
Santa Clara Cycle Accessories
Ace Motor Cafe/Peninsula Ducati
Alice's Restaraunt
Build-a-bear
BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
Reel Photography
Sonya Paz Fine Art
Debbie "The Heart Artist" Arambula
Keigwins at the Track
San Jose HD