User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Caldy OP
Live your Dreams

Oddometer: 96
Download City Navigator or transfer from PC to PC?

I've got a Zumo 660 which I bought in 2011 and installed City Navigator (Aust & NZ 2011.20) and Tracks4Aust on a laptop, along with Mapsource.

I now want to set up a different PC, and have installed Mapsource and Tracks4 Aust, but can't download (ie Garmin site won't let me without buying a new version and can't find a free site that seems to work) or transfer (can't find the files on my C Drive) City Navigator. I expect that my free Garimin download has expired.

Any suggestions as to how to transfer or download for free?? I don't think I should have to pay for a new version or another copy.

Cheers,
Cords
Caldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
ausguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cords and Aash View Post
I've got a Zumo 660 which I bought in 2011 and installed City Navigator (Aust & NZ 2011.20) and Tracks4Aust on a laptop, along with Mapsource.

I now want to set up a different PC, and have installed Mapsource and Tracks4 Aust, but can't download (ie Garmin site won't let me without buying a new version and can't find a free site that seems to work) or transfer (can't find the files on my C Drive) City Navigator. I expect that my free Garimin download has expired.

Any suggestions as to how to transfer or download for free?? I don't think I should have to pay for a new version or another copy.

Cheers,
Cords
PM Sent
Aus
ausguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,747
Quote:

Cheers,
Cords
If you are using Mapsource and these data files on your current PC, they exist, and can be transferred to the new PC. They don't have to be downloaded again. Some times it just takes a little searching to find it.

Going to the tools tab of Mapsource you can find a way to export the keys for any locked map data.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,832
I have done this a few times. But I always reinstall from the original CD or DVD.

Since the versions of Mapsource are out of date on the discs, I then downloaded the latest Mapsource from Garmin and reinstalled that.

Since part of the installation involves setting information in the Windows Registry, I don't think you can't just copy the files. I guess if you were a real Windows guru, you could copy files and then go in and mess with the resigstry on the new computer.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,091
Quote:
I've got a Zumo and installed City Navigator on a laptop, along with Mapsource. Cheers, Cords
Installed how? Sounds like not from a disc. Like wbbnm says with disc you can install in as many computers as you want but only download to 1 GPS.

Also I have old computers and only upgrade MapSource to 6.13.7