Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #76
MANXMAN
Overlander

Oddometer: 1,550
Finally got here. Tubeless with all factory BMW parts.

Checked it and it's dead on for side to side and up and down run-out. Never seen a spoked wheel from BMW this straight. No wonder Woody's has such a good reputation.

MANXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #77
Disco Dean OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANXMAN View Post

Checked it and it's dead on for side to side and up and down run-out. Never seen a spoked wheel from BMW this straight. No wonder Woody's has such a good reputation.

Yay... very cool and nice looking deal. I especially like that little corner of the shop. I so want a tire changer. I see the slime too - never used it. Does it work well for you?

Enough questions... awesome. Glad you got your stuff. Good riding and safer journeys.

As your attorney, I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can we cover a thing like this righteously?
Disco Dean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #78
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,848
A dedicated tire changing bench/corner of shop, awesome. How about some pics of the rest of the shop? Stoked your wheel showed up. Woody made me a set a few years ago, they were so nice I felt bad putting them on the bike

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #79
farmerger
Snowed in Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:

Manxman,

Would you mind sharing what the front wheel plus the clamp cost you? Did you send Woody your hub for him to build the wheel?

Thanks.

Billy Connolly - "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"
farmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #80
bigbadandugly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Yes, with the 19" wheel you will have more clearance for mud after you install the Ralle-Moto clamp.
Can you quantify how much extra space you would have with the RM clamp and the 19" wheel? An inch? Or does the fender end up looking like a KLR fender? I can't imagine there being much more than an inch or so of extra room.
Dyno testing of a PC-V + Full Akropovic system on an R1200GS
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #81
MANXMAN
Overlander

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadandugly View Post
Can you quantify how much extra space you would have with the RM clamp and the 19" wheel? An inch? Or does the fender end up looking like a KLR fender? I can't imagine there being much more than an inch or so of extra room.
I don't plan on putting the stock 19" back on right now so I can't measure the exact clearance, but here is a couple of pictures of Inmate Quirky's bike with a 19" mounted and it should give you an idea of how much it is raised up from stock.

MANXMAN screwed with this post 04-11-2013 at 05:38 PM
MANXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #82
Quirky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Ok! Just ripped the fender off to have a looky.
Found that it does indeed have the spacers, 2 washers (about 1mm thick) x 2 for both the rear fender mount bolts.

For those with the 21" wheels, probably worth while adding some washers.
Estimate total thickness spacer required would be circa 2mm.

With the 19" wheels it would look best just bolted straight up.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #83
Disco Dean OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadandugly View Post
My post #23. Shows the 19 inch front with a set of Heid-scouts. With the stock fender and the RalleMoto clamp. Close up and on the driveway. It is not very noticeable at all.

As your attorney, I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can we cover a thing like this righteously?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #84
Disco Dean OP
Beastly Adventurer

Just a quick update.

I had a nice back to back test this weekend as I put the oem set back on for a ride to WV this coming weekend.

21 inch Woodys combo set - TKC 80's;
Saturday ride was a good dirt road, farm lane, Conservation area ride with wet slick hard pack, softer mud and loads of semi soft gravel.

19 inch oem set - Heidenau - k60's;
Sunday was a nice country ride - dry and wet - all pavement. One up and two up and some highway.

Result: Have to say that I am very glad with this purchase. Very noticeable for sure - with the RM clamp being incredible. The 21 inch really does make riding in the above very comfortable and much more like a dirt bike - removing the feelings of the front end plowing. Ride height has increased a bit but the bike does not feel slow - it is slower in turn in but no;thing that would keep me from riding the thing hard. The TKC's are great (this is my first pair) loved them on or off road. The change has really almost given me another bike in the garage. It feels that much better to me (that is my opinion). Switch up was done with no transfer of bits - just the wheels - and brake pads (as I am keeping a set for each disk - bed in) took only about 10-12 minutes tops. The 19 is more sporty and it felt that way on Sunday when I put it on. Lowered the front and steepened it up a bit and the other tires made for a transformed street ride.

Recommend it. Expensive for sure - but, well worth it to me.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #85
Quirky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Oz Flea Market has a nice set of woody's wheels if anyone is interested. Post No. #166