Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #151
gto3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
if anyone wants a passenser corbin seat(o8-10 zx10r or 09-12 zx6r) drop me a pm,i'll let it go cheap !

Now I'm just waiting on my lowering pegs from wha,they should be here any day now.I hope...I ordered then mid january.lol
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #152
gto3
Adventurer

Finally got my pegs from wild hair accessories,twisted throttle also sells a product that looks identical these pegs .Here are e few pics,I got the 50mm lowering brackets I think they also come in 25,30 mm,anyways

Taken: Apr 3, 2013

Taken: Jun 19, 2009

Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #153
gto3
Adventurer

I think the two pics with me on the bike were meant to try and illustrate how much more leg room these provide,not sure how well that worked out but i did my best,lol.anyway they do provide a lot more leg roomEasy to install blah,blah,blah.I'll have to reposition the shift lever and brake lever .Either way between the bars,seat and pegs the bike feels totally different and I'll be able to put down some good kms this year so I am happy with the results.

btw-almmost forgot ,the pegs are 360 degree adjustable,happy riding dudes/ettes
Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #154
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Are they comfortable? They look like they are too far forward from what stock use to be. I'm sure they can be adjusted back, right? But then again, if you are comfortable, that is all that matters.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #155
gto3
Adventurer

^^^I was playing around with the adjustments last night when I took those pics.I wouldn't leave them the way their pictured.It was about 4 in the morning so i was pretty tired when i took the pics and posted them.

Thet are much more comfortable then stock,they move the pegs 2 inches down.On my bike they don't interfere with exhaust(on the brake side)or the kick stand (on the shifter side)

They move your feet about an inch away from the bike though,so they do feel a little different.I don't think the rear brake lever will be easy to use(lol)but I rarely use the rear brake so I really don't care.

I'm going to adjust the shift lever and take the bike for a ride and see how it feels.

I may end up taking the bike to a local pro welder here and have him re work the position of the shift lever and brake lever just to get them perfect,I don't know we'll see .....
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #156
gto3
Adventurer

adjusted the pegs and took the bike for a ride,tons of leg room,i have to remember to tuck my feet up in turns,i have to turn my foot in to shift(but i'll fix this will a longer shift thingy.I took a couple pics from the top so people can get an idea how far they stick out .this is the position i'll leace the pegs.
i love them ,feels more like your sitting "in" the bike rather than on top of it,if that makes any sense

Taken: Apr 3, 2013

Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #157
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
^^^I was playing around with the adjustments last night when I took those pics.I wouldn't leave them the way their pictured.It was about 4 in the morning so i was pretty tired when i took the pics and posted them.

Thet are much more comfortable then stock,they move the pegs 2 inches down.On my bike they don't interfere with exhaust(on the brake side)or the kick stand (on the shifter side)

They move your feet about an inch away from the bike though,so they do feel a little different.I don't think the rear brake lever will be easy to use(lol)but I rarely use the rear brake so I really don't care.

I'm going to adjust the shift lever and take the bike for a ride and see how it feels.

I may end up taking the bike to a local pro welder here and have him re work the position of the shift lever and brake lever just to get them perfect,I don't know we'll see .....
Those are from MFW and we (Twisted Throttle) import them into the US. One thing I want tpoint out is that we emphatically suggest that you do not use the 50mm extension arms for the rider pegs. They tend to create issue manipulating the controls.

Watch the video on this page to learn more about the system: MFW Vario Footpeg Mount: GSXR1000 '09-'11

Kevin
Old 04-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #158
wee-twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Today I listed a pair of those peg in the FM. I had them on a 06sv, but they fit certain year gsxr as well according to TT. Pegs and drop arm are universal. I sold the bike so no longer needed.

wee-twin screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 03:42 PM Reason: Added picture
wee-twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #159
davegaz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohagirl View Post
However, riding in an upright position for anything more than about an hour, has become very uncomfortable for me.

So, a couple of months ago I started the process of sitting on every bike I could, with the goal of figuring out what felt good for my back, and the result, as odd as it seems, was the gsxr 750. Well, the 1000 felt even more comfortable, but, the 1000cc's on that bike are seriously different than the 1100 cc's on the hyper, so, I compromised with the 750:).

The ergonomics of the gsxr allows me to lean on the tank and get the pressure off my tail bone, which is a huge relief.

So, the gsxr is for medical reasons, and I'm looking at the "push ups" factor as an opportunity to buff up my jello-y arms and thighs.
I'm in the same situation. My R1200GS ended up being a pain in the neck - literally. It got to be that after a 50 miles or so I was in too much pain to enjoy the ride. My old body seems to like the leaned-forward ergos a lot better. Go figure.

I'm looking at the GSX-R1000 now. The 750 feels good but the 1000 is a little roomier. The black on black model sure is pretty too.

Keep us posted.
davegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #160
Dalmatino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegaz View Post
I'm in the same situation. My R1200GS ended up being a pain in the neck - literally. It got to be that after a 50 miles or so I was in too much pain to enjoy the ride. My old body seems to like the leaned-forward ergos a lot better. Go figure.

I'm looking at the GSX-R1000 now. The 750 feels good but the 1000 is a little roomier. The black on black model sure is pretty too.

Keep us posted.
My 05 gsxr1000 was the most comforetable "sport" bike ever...stock bars and foot pags..never had a need to try anything diferent.

Someone decided that I no longer needed it

Dalmatino screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 07:16 PM
Dalmatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #161
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,013
I too loved my 05 GSXR1000 for "supersport touring".
I am 5'4" and 155 lbs, and short 29" inseam. I simply didn't want to have to ride a 700 lb FJR or Connie to get a powerful good handling sporty tourer.

So I installed a 4" taller touring screen, gel seat, CBR 929 bars (1.5" taller than stock), and then towed a single wheeled trailer behind it for a week or two to wherever I fancied. Five or six days in a row I could pound out 12+ hour, 500 miles of twisties no problems. I never should have sold that bike. I miss it (But I don't miss the insurance premiums)
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #162
Existence_Inc
The Wanderer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
^^^very nice triumph

I just found a seat that looks similar to yours on ebay made by a company called saddle men,A little over 200 bucks and looks to be good quality,ima scoop one up
Sorry for the late replies. The seat on the Daytona is the Old version of the Triumph Gel seat. Due to the summer heat (Triumph Gel Seats COOK in the sun), I replaced it with a Saddlemen Track seat: wider, flatter, firmer. Perfect.

Put 250 miles on the seat and it was great. Customer service absolutely top notch from Saddlemen. Give them a call if you're looking for a comfortable seat.

~Ex
2014 BMW R1200GS
Existence_Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #163
7days1shower
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
So I just did this on my GSXR600. 6773 ass number kilometres

The bike is all standard. I wasn't too bad with my back, but I DEFF need a nicer seat, my ass hurts so much. My only concern is if I get a nice seat it'll bend my riding position over more so I may need to consider risers for the clip ons

Starting my RR (short and boring) here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877666

Couple of pictures for now

7days1shower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #164
gto3
Adventurer

^^^Existece-I apreciate the feedback on the seat.I was ready to pull the trigger on one,and then I came across a used corbin on ebay and picked that up instead.I rode a z1000 last year with a corbin and loved it so the corbin was the "safe" choice.However I'll keep the saddlemen in mind for a future bike seeing that the price is better and feedback on them is good.thanks again...

Loe200-You might be surprised at the height of some aftermarket seats.Some infact sit lower than stock.For example the one I had my 03 z did sit a little lower than stock.If you decide on a seat maybe you could call the manufacturer and have them give you that info,it may save you having to buy riserr clip ons if your comfortable with the stock ones,just my two cents.I hear you on the azz thing (lol) I rode home from a buddy's place a couple years ago(5 hours) And I had to make an hour stop a couple hours from home I was hurting so badly.lol

gto3 screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 12:33 AM
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #165
7days1shower
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Oh cool, thats ideal. I havent looked into any seat solutions at all. I want to leave the bike as much of a standard sportsbike as possible

But on my 10th day I was having to stop every 50km or so after averaging 750km a day :/. I just couldnt handle it haha
7days1shower is offline   Reply With Quote