User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM   #1
charlie42 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
1100GS coils.

Ladies and gents..well that takes care of most of you. This question is for the Brain Trust out there. I have a 95 1100GS. Can be a bit hard to start and when warm it feels like it is about to cut out. It runs ok for a bit then misses a beat or two. I have replaced the hall triggerand am wondering if it could be the coil? My old k 100 used to do the same (380,000 KM on it before she was dispatched to Valhalla by a little old lady in a Mazda) and when the coils were changed the problem went away. So all youse blokes (and bloke-etts) at the genius bart, any thoughts?
I am coming to the Rocky Mountains in September, so look out an Ossie is coming your way.
Thanks
Charlie Brown.
charlie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #2
RFK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Sounds like a split fuel hose inside the tank. Could be the coil.
Check the electrical connections at the injectors and TPS to make sure they are fully seated.
RFK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #3
def
I've little to say

Oddometer: 7,470
The coil is easily checked with a VOM however, the Beru coil is very reliable. I would suspect wires first.

How are your spark plugs? I threw away the OE plugs (dual electrode which are not adjustable) and substituted Autolite 3923s, popular with single spark oilhead boxer owners. Gap to 0.030"-0.035".

It is more likely you have compromised fuel pressure and flow so, as mentioned previously by RFK (he's a genius and he's from NYC), check fuel lines in the tank and change the filter.

If you are going to ride at elevation (Rocky Mountains), better have both fuel and ignition well sorted....not much oxygen up there. You may wish to change the cat code plug to accommodate the US fuel blend. Roger04rt may have more to say about this......

PS: BTW, bring plenty of Fosters.....the Coors in the Rockies is crap.

def screwed with this post Yesterday at 11:03 AM
def is offline   Reply With Quote