Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #256
Hicks
der Überluber

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
That blue is growing on me. Looks really good in the flesh. Is it the same blue as on the S1000RR?
exactly the same... identical color code.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #257
Hicks
der Überluber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycling101 View Post
Congrats!

How do you like the LED headlight? I also noticed cast wheels, not much dirt riding there?
thx... ;)

yep.. the cast wheels were my intention... I'm tired of spoked wheels at the moment + I sincerely do hate that silver rims.

If the rims had been black as on ADV or limited editions, I'd stick probably with spokes... but silver rims are a clear "no go"...

---

btw: full LED headlight looks VERY cool and it is a distinctive mark of the LC I think. In the dark.. I like it.. BUT after such a long winter, I'm not objective in this at all. Have to check how the 800's headlight works in the dark.. cant remember at the moment.

Hicks screwed with this post 04-16-2013 at 06:46 AM
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #258
Mtbcoach
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Slow to contribute to the forum and thread, but, here is mine. Drove it off on 3/30, put ~ 250 miles on it before having rotator cuff surgery. Now, I have to stare at it in the garage an plan my first trip after getting out of my brace...

Leaving the dealership (Carolina Euro in G-boro) on the way home...

In the driveway...

Sold back my '05 R1200GSA, no regrets, fantastic new ride...
'77 Toyota FJ45
Mtbcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #259
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbcoach View Post
In the driveway...

Sold back my '05 R1200GSA, no regrets, fantastic new ride...
See, I knew the blue looked too much like Carolina blue...

Just messing with ya, nice to see another local rider on here with one of the new LC bikes.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #260
RichBMW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
exactly the same... identical color code.
I thought so. Maybe you should get an S1000RR in the same colour, now that would be cool
Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #261
Hicks
der Überluber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
I thought so. Maybe you should get an S1000RR in the same colour, now that would be cool
have you ever seen a manatee or a seal on a RR?

cant imagine how to reach the handlebars with my sexy figure.. maybe they could move the tank just under the seat
Old 04-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #262
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 837
Thumb Calsci x-tall screen

I received the first CalSci screen for the LC GS last night and got it on and out for a test ride in some 30+ mph winds w/higher gusts. I got the x-tall per Mark at CalSci's recommendation.

For me, 6'4" w/34" inseam, this new screen makes a world of difference. The noise coming off the screen is significantly reduced and I could ride (if I chose) with the visor on my full face helmet open.

The screen isn't as sexy looking as the OEM screen but that's OK with me in light of its performance.

I did think it flexed a bit too much but 1) it was blowing small animals down the street and 2) when I got home I realized that I hadn't tightened down one of the attachment screws enough. So I'll see next time I get out which may not be until I ride down to Carlsbad to work as a moto ref there this weekend.

Oh, and the headlight guard included in the order is well made.

Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #263
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Oddometer: 106
Nice looking

The aesthetics of the new GS are really pleasing to the eye. The design engineers have done a great job in simplifying the lines and, although it's more complicated with the water cooling, it's returning to a clean and simple traditional look, something which German styling is noted for. It looks easier to work on as well, again returning to the simplicity that BMW's were known for in the airhead years.

I think this is the nicest looking GS ever and will be a big hit. Kinda wish I had one. Oh well, my 1200 still looks pretty decent too.

Dave
sunlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #264
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofblue View Post
I received the first CalSci screen for the LC GS last night and got it on and out for a test ride in some 30+ mph winds w/higher gusts. I got the x-tall per Mark at CalSci's recommendation.

For me, 6'4" w/34" inseam, this new screen makes a world of difference. The noise coming off the screen is significantly reduced and I could ride (if I chose) with the visor on my full face helmet open.

The screen isn't as sexy looking as the OEM screen but that's OK with me in light of its performance.

I did think it flexed a bit too much but 1) it was blowing small animals down the street and 2) when I got home I realized that I hadn't tightened down onefor the attachment screws enough. So I'll see next time I get out which may not be until I ride down to Carlsbad to work as a moto ref there this weekend.

Oh, and the headlight guard included in the order is well made.

G]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8uD3qXFEuDc/UW3fv61z7pI/AAAAAAAAEx0/FrVKuMkOq9k/w307-h407-p-o/GSCalsciScreen.jpg[/IMG]

]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m_dSsrd0vNI/UW3fwIeQ4zI/AAAAAAAAExs/jHD0WRYaikM/w307-h407-p-o/GSCalsciScreen2.jpg[/IMG]

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-G_g07IBi-8M/UW3fwZ7KiII/AAAAAAAAExw/DYJooDsj8mM/w307-h407-p-o/GSCalsciScreen3.jpg[/IMG]
Doesnt look bad. Would you mind taking a pic or two of the bike outside so you can get a better overall look of the bike?

I cant wait to replace the shield on mine but ive been hesitsnt to order a new screen until my warranty issue is sorted and I get the bike back. However, I did place an order for a set of Jesses which I just heard are supposed to ship either Thursday or Monday.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #265
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
The concern that I have with an aftermarket screen is the demo bike I rode seemed to have some play in the windscreen mechanism....the screen didn't move around much, but if you moved it with your hand you could feel the play...putting a much larger screen on there could be an issue.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #266
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
The concern that I have with an aftermarket screen is the demo bike I rode seemed to have some play in the windscreen mechanism....the screen didn't move around much, but if you moved it with your hand you could feel the play...putting a much larger screen on there could be an issue.
Weird. Maybe something wasnt tightend down. Both the demo I rode and my bike seem tight.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #267
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
unboxing...

I really like this photo; we're all kids at heart.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #268
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
I really like this photo; we're all kids at heart.
He's actually just 16, father's a millionaire...
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #269
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
He's actually just 16, father's a millionaire...
Bit overdeveloped for 16 eh?
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #270
wildy
The Highwayman

Oddometer: 208
Wicked

I can just see him saying " This is my GS. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My GS is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My GS, without me, is useless. Without my GS, I am useless..... "
I bet he has named it Charlene.