Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
I have a Zumo 665, I just got a SMH10 and I tried using XM with it. It sounded like ass. Oddly enough it gave the DJ and some of the vocalists lisps. I'm going to try to clear the headset and allow the Zumo to grab the stereo audio first and see if that helps. Ideally I would like to pull stereo audio from both the phone and Zumo though.

I wonder if running all this through an SR10 would solve any problems, I don't guess I need the mic input into the garmin, just stereo output, I can dial my calls through Siri just tapping the phone button on the Sena right now...
So, I've been reading about all the bad sounding BT on the Zumo 660/665? It almost sounds like the stereo music is being routed through the HFP/HSP profile which is mono and yeah that usually does sound like crap. Is this a recent change in a firmware upgrade? I wonder if this was their response to the Zumo 660/665 hogging the A2DP profile even if it didn't need it? Of course routing all audio through the HFP would be even worse. It really needs to be selectable menu item in the BT configuration if the media "A2DP" profile needs to connect or not for the various uses. If you want to listen to XM or MP3, connect the A2DP, if you only want the Zumo for navigation and phone use, don't connect the A2DP profile and leave it open for other music devices.

Is it possible to load an older firmware update on the 660/665 to get back the better sounding BT, or did it never have any that sounded good?

As for the SR10, its not stereo either so it only connects with the HFP profile. Some people have had good luck using a hardwire connection from their Zumo 660/665 to the SR10 to alleviate the issue of the Zumo grabbing the A2DP profile leaving it open for your cell phone music. The SR10 would pair on the multipoint pairing only leaving the main HFP/A2DP connection open for your iphone for voice & music. However, if you wanted to listen to XM through the 665, that wouldn't work. There is only 1 A2DP profile on the SMH10, so devices can't connect at the same time.

The SM10 is a stereo BT trasceiver that is capable of connecting to 2 BT headsets at the same with 2 different A2DP profiles so both users can share the music source. This device would almost work, except that my understanding is it only has 1 stereo input and the other aux input is mono? :( If they would have given it 2 stereo inputs, you could switch between different music devices as you wish.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
cobrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
I don't have any music on my phone. So the 660 and the Samsung are BT'd to the Sena, and wifes Sena is BT'd to mine for intercom. Then, if I want tunes, I plug in the Ipod to the Sena. Everything works great, tunes sound great.

Ok, that was prolly no help, but just wanted to share something that does work well.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #18
Hex Head
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
So I have a question
Thinking about buying a 660
Not interested in having my phone connected to anything
I'll make calls if I need to during a break

Can I bluetooth my iPod to the Sena, and also the 660 to the Sena

Listen to music and then when a tun comes up, the 660 kicks in.