User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #61
GP640
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,294
Job

Frankly, I've had better but it doesn't change the basis for my opinion.
If I made $200/hr I'd still not enjoy paying for a stupid choice I made, and that is the point of fines.
GP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #62
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
This is a very good thread.....the reading is getting typical though......we are starting to argue over simple things and ignoring the big picture. You either agree that these practices are dangerous to our use of the road or you don't. If you don't, imho, you haven't been personally affected by the cause yet. You haven't seen the problem being discussed....ever....lol.
It doesn't matter the way the fines are dished out, they just need to be dished out. Plain and simple. If it's the amount of money that upsets you, then how about piling up the points? That is universal, rich or poor all have the same limits. Sure the rich can easily hire a driver if they have to and the poor ride the public system.

It also may not be a criminal offence yet.....do we really want or need it to become one?

Again arguing over technicalities.......wrong is wrong....resulting damages are still the same. We lose. It's a weight problem.....average bike 500lbs against an average car/truck 3000lbs. I could be out by a few either way....same result....

It comes down to you either will obey the laws or you will not.
We on bikes sort of have to....we can't ride with a cell phone or book or whatever in our hands where as the 4 wheeled vehicles are capable. 99.9% of us riders also drive.....so are we the 99.9% going to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Now, who's getting the first cameras.....??? Who's wanting to be the first to try them out? Don't all set up to the line at once.....lol. OK.....I'll do it. I'm not a scared! Bring it on......
There is an interesting idea... Add a charge of criminal negligence for a driver who was using a cell phone while involved in an accident! Check the cell phone records for all drivers afterwards, just the same a they check for impairment... Then toss his ass in Jail!