Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
rustang OP
grasshopper

Oddometer: 13
Best all season pants?

Hello,

I looking for some tough, mainline brand pants ($100-300) that have a removable thermal liner. They don't have to be extreme cold capable. I ride an ST1100 and have good wind protection.

I'm not interested in rain protection incorporated in.

What brand do you like, why?

Also, what is the difference in pants and over-pants? Just cut a little bigger?

Thanks
rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
TrickyRic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
I really like the Olympia Motoquest pants I got last year. Great fold down panels that can let a lot of air in on hot days, easily closed for cooler weather. Nice heat shielding "leather" panels on the inner leg area which was a big help on my ST1300 abs in hot weather. REAL belt loops that allow the use of a real belt was an unexpected huge asset. No thermal liner, but the big vent panels control temp well. Rain liner included that can be used either over or under the pants.

Yes, size is the biggest difference. If you want to wear them as overpants go up a size. But not really necessary to wear as overpants with the Motoquest model.
TrickyRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
ommplease
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Rev'it Axis overpants

I got these pants from a local shop in early 2011 when I got caught in a down pour one too many times with jeans on. This was when I was riding my cruiser. I put about 19k miles on that bike and these pants. During the 19k miles I have ridden in all weather including a trip to Key West where the summer thunderstorms will test any gear you have. They kept me dry. I recently purchased a Yamaha Super Tenere where I took it and these pants from VA to Pikes Peak in Colorado, to 90 degrees plus in Sturgis and back totalling 4000+ miles in 7 days. I have about 10k miles on the Tenere now since April so I am not a weekend only rider. I wore shorts the whole way under these pants and they are very comfy with anything I wear under them. They have not ripped, torn, frayed, velcro is still as new as the day I got them. I know you said you didnt care about the cold but all I wear when the weather is under 40 out is underarmor and a pair of jeans and they are just fine. With overpant motorcycle pants, they have made room for you to wear normal clothes under them instead of being form fitting so you can wear your work clothes under them without worrying about fitting into them. I wear size 36 jeans and I got size large Axis pants. They were $129 when I got them so at this point they owe me nothing. If you go to Revzilla, they do a good review of them and how easy they are to put on and take off. Hope this helps and hope you find what you are looking for. Any questions, just ask.
ommplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
JR356
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,835
I have the Olympia Xmoto pants,predecessor to the Motoquest.
Nice all around pants.
If you wear a 38-40 and are 5'11'-6'1"or s,PM me,I have a brand new in bag pair in the pewter (dark grey/black)for a good price.I bought them as a backup pair.

Look at the FirstGear HT overpants,they are waterproof with removable liner.Newer versions also are vented.

Aerostich Dariens are great pants,can find good used ones within your budget,they last forever.

If you go higher $$,look at Klim Latitude or Adventure,some of the higher end Rev'it pants or Motoport.

If pants are advertised as overpants,then usually just buy your regular size,they are already sized big.

JR356
JR356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 1,081
The FirstGear HT overpants are a bargain and they're incredibly versatile.
'05Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #6
TebKLR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
I like my Darien Lights.....
TebKLR is offline   Reply With Quote