User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
marcjlmd OP
IBA, BMWMOA

Oddometer: 28
Sena 20S, iPhone 5s, and Nav V problem

I have paired iPhone to Sena 20S, Sena 20S to Nav V (using the GPS pairing mode on the Sena 20S), and the Vav V to my iPhone. When I try to make a phone call from the GPS, the Bluetooth setting on my iPhone defaults to the Nav V rather than my iPhone, so I can't hear anything. I have to tell the iPhone (on the "Audio Source" screen to go to the iPhone rather than the Nav V. What am I doing wrong. Behavior was the same if I connected Sena to Nav V using 2nd mobile phone pairing mode.
Thanks.
Marc
marcjlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
apleschu
Chief Cat Herder

Oddometer: 170
I am not sure if the problems we had were the same, but in the end we switched away from sena because it was never able to manage two, much less three sources properly. In the end we went back to autocom because that worked.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Camcow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
I would hazard a guess that you need to pair everything in a chain, not a circle. E.g. Sena-gps-phone or gps-sena-phone. It depends on which phone interface you like better and have access to.

And autocomm? Seriously? What is this 2004?
Camcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
GrumpyOne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjlmd View Post
I have paired iPhone to Sena 20S, Sena 20S to Nav V (using the GPS pairing mode on the Sena 20S), and the Vav V to my iPhone. When I try to make a phone call from the GPS, the Bluetooth setting on my iPhone defaults to the Nav V rather than my iPhone, so I can't hear anything. I have to tell the iPhone (on the "Audio Source" screen to go to the iPhone rather than the Nav V. What am I doing wrong. Behavior was the same if I connected Sena to Nav V using 2nd mobile phone pairing mode.
Thanks.
Marc
I have the same setup and I'm using the "Second Mobile phone Pairing" (page 15 in the manual) for the Nav V. Unfortunately I think it may be an iPhone issue as I have the same issue with my car Bluetooth. The phone remembers the setting while paired after selecting the 20s the first time, but resets again each time it reconnects after a power cycle (ie gas stop).

-jw
Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
Astolfo
Wicked Slow

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camcow View Post
I would hazard a guess that you need to pair everything in a chain, not a circle. E.g. Sena-gps-phone or gps-sena-phone. It depends on which phone interface you like better and have access to.

And autocomm? Seriously? What is this 2004?
for whatever is worth. this is how I have Cardo q3 paired.

the iPhone to the Q3 = phone + siri + Pandora + itunes
the Nav to the Q3 = mediaplayer + calls and gps
the IPhone to the Nav V traffic + weather + phone + contacts one the Nav
Astolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
marcjlmd OP
IBA, BMWMOA

Let me clarify...

When I try to call from the Nav V, the audio source defaults to the Nav V (on my iPhone scree), rather than to the Sena 20S on the iPhone screen. I have to manually select the Sena 20s on the iPhone to hear the call. I will not be able to do this tiding down the road.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
dixonk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
I have the Sena SMH10, iPhone 5, and Nav V.

I paired the Sena with the Nav and paired the iPhone to the Nav. All working and that way the Sena is only pairing with one device.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
pebe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Thanks.
Marc
Does not work!
Phone > Nav5 > 20S is a valid configuration
(No ability to use the Sena app and with phone info on Nav5)

OR

Phone > 20S AND Nav5 > 20S is another valid configuration
(With ability to use the 20S app but no phone info on Nav5)

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
pebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
SenaBluetooth
Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Thanks.
Marc
To assist you with your problem, we have a couple of questions:

1. What is it that you are trying to accomplish with this setup?
2. What do you want each device to do?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
marcjlmd OP
IBA, BMWMOA

To Sena Support: Thanks!!

I spoke with Sena today. What I wanted to do was be able to make calls from the Nav V screen, and see who was calling on the Nav V screen, and listen to music from the iPhone 5s. I was told I couldn't do this (by Sena support, and I can tell you that they are right!!), but here is my fix, now using music from Bluetooth iPod. Works perfectly:
1. iPhone to Nav V;
2. Sena 20S to Nav V with phone selective pairing;
3. Sena 20S to iPod with media selective pairing.

Note that the iPhone is not directly paired to the Sena20S. I'm using my iPod because I have not yet delved into getting my music onto the Nav V.

I can make and receive calls, listen to iPod, change songs on iPod from jog wheel...works great on my 2014 GSA.

Marc
Old 07-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #11
dixonk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
I spoke with Sena today. What I wanted to do was be able to make calls from the Nav V screen, and see who was calling on the Nav V screen, and listen to music from the iPhone 5s. I was told I couldn't do this (by Sena support, and I can tell you that they are right!!), but here is my fix, now using music from Bluetooth iPod. Works perfectly:
1. iPhone to Nav V;
2. Sena 20S to Nav V with phone selective pairing;
3. Sena 20S to iPod with media selective pairing.

Note that the iPhone is not directly paired to the Sena20S. I'm using my iPod because I have not yet delved into getting my music onto the Nav V.

I can make and receive calls, listen to iPod, change songs on iPod from jog wheel...works great on my 2014 GSA.

Marc
The built in MP3 player on the Nav V is actually really good. You can use the handlebar controls to control the music. I just threw in a 64GB card with my music on it. That way I can see the info for the song, it has a much better algorithm for randomizing music unlike the iPhone or iPod as well.

You just need to make sure it is in .mp3 format as it will not play .aac or .m4a files. If you are on a Mac you can get MP3 Converter Pro for free out of the App Store.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote