Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggie View Post
PS dont forget to update vid music list please
Here's the full playlist for the videos

Day 1: Fragile Bird - City and Colour
Day 2: How you Like Me Now - The Heavy
Day 3: Ready to Start - Arcade Fire
Day 4: Breathe Me (Instrumental) - Sia, Porcelain - Moby, Shot in the Back of the Head - Moby
Day 5: Stare into the Sun - Graffiti 6, Beautiful Day - U2, Intro - XX
Day 6: Flower - Moby
Day 7: Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
Day 8: Stompa - Serena Ryder
Day 9: Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
Day 10: Paradise - Coldplay
Krime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #107
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krime View Post
Our most expensive was about $200 in Meringen Switzerland, although we purposely treated ourselves that day. Food adds up! Especially in Switzerland, the prices will surprise you if you haven't been before.
Switzerland is brutal! It's almost comical crossing into Italy and the difference in cost!
great trip & write up.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #108
Krime OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaveruco View Post
BRAVO!!! OL, OL Y OL!!!!

Fantastic ride, I love the pics and the soft and not forced HDR on them... and the places, the kilometers, the feelings of such a trip!!!

My longest trip was 3500 kms in 5 days through Morocco with my brother last year, and was beautiful and epic too, but this is much far away from mine, in all senses!!!

The ride report is great too, so as more than one said, you have taken us with both of you on that trip, and I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR IT!!!!!

I wish and I guess you have enjoyed your time in the old, beautiful and economically ruined Europe, and I invite you to share more rides with us, because they are powerful!!!!!

FANT糜TICO, AMIGO!!! Good luck, and see you on the road!!

P.S. (I love the french way to salute too, indeed I have adopted it too....as it is said, "when in Rome, do as romans do..."

Regards from Spain/France (I live near the mountains....just in the frontieeeeeeer!!!!)
3500km in 5 days through Morocco? Sounds amazing! A place we were hoping to visit during our 3 day ride of Andalucia back in March. As always, there just wasn't enough time! Really great to see how much you've enjoyed the RR - Appreciate the kind words!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #109
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
....excellent job documenting your trip! The combination of pics and videos for each day was superbly done.

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #110
KingKenny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Cool ride report! Nice pictures (even tough Im not a big fan of HDR :P )

Where did you buy your Alpinestars Jacket? What model is it? Are you satisfied with it?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #111
DC,Chad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
enjoyed every mile of that thanks for Sharing Krime

i left my heart in the Alps a couple of years back , think its time i went and got it

RD03 Africa twin slowly coming together
DC,Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #112
Aah5
russ

Oddometer: 58
Great report, European Alps is just the most fabulous area for motorcycling, the mountain passes and roads winding their way up the valleys, nothing to compare in my opinion.
I have had the pleasure of riding over there for the last 3 summers,fist 2 solo and last year with the wife. First thing she said, 'When are we coming back'.
The villages, the roads, the lakes, the food, the courtesy of Euro drivers are all so much better. My trips were based out of Munich where we hire the bikes and then proceed to circle and zig-zag our way through the Alps.
Thanks for such a great report, captured the experience perfectly.
Aah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #113
jmcg
Turpinated..

Oddometer: 439
Fantastic report!

Thanks,

JM.
jmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #114
empty tank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
To banks

Well logged & pics are a pleasure. Planning to do swiss, austria this year myself hope i see some of what you saw . There are to banks in this world the money bank & the memory bank they both need some filling!!!
empty tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #115
chaveruco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Krime, Morocco is amazing indeed, but it's quite dangerous in many senses, and much more riding a motorbike. I know what I say because I lived for 4 years in Melilla(a small spanish piece of land in Africa). The border was 1 km from my house, and I rode over 20.000 kms there with the bike.

Of course, you can have a lot of fun there, but taking in account that not all that glitters is gold. A bike crash there is not a bike crash in Europe or USA. the moroccan health system almost doesn't exist, any survival or limb-saving chances, passes through a quick evacuation to the First World. Of course, an international health&evacuation insurance is compulsory, although it will mind a shit if you crash anywhere around the vast and beautiful moroccan landscapes... I'm not kidding....

If you want closer information about Morocco, don't doubt about contacting me. I'd like to see your ride report there....and your pics, although I don't get along too much with HDR... ;)

But you need no less than 5-6 days there, to ride and see it properly...

Regards
chaveruco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #116
chaveruco
Adventurer

Tomorrow I'll share with you a couple of links of my moroccan videos.

Just to "sharpen your teeth" (I don't know if this saying is said this way in English...but u know what I mean...)
Old 03-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #117
chaveruco
Adventurer

The promised:
this first video has no music because it seems that I annoyed some music companies with it, so youtube has banned the music from it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgU9t4yIkZM

This second one is the long trip with my brother... a very funny ride...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMyCeGrSNk

As I said before, anyone who would need ideas for routes, places to visit or to avoid, and some safety tips in Morocco, don't doubt about contacting me.

Regards
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #118
casper
casper

Oddometer: 5
Great to see you met Ron Fellowes on your trip.
I met Ron and his wife Lynne in Romania July 2012 whilst touring on my R1100GS.
Great company and inspirational.
Interested in what camera gear you use. Do you take multiple exposures? Use a tripod? etc
Brilliant trip report. Thank you.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #119
Krime OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
Switzerland is brutal! It's almost comical crossing into Italy and the difference in cost!
great trip & write up.

Absolutely, Just had a look at you great RR, very cool to see the summit of Grimsel with the motorcycle sculpture not surrounded and covered in snow... a very different scene, almost hard to recognize!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #120
Krime OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
....excellent job documenting your trip! The combination of pics and videos for each day was superbly done.

Thanks obrian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleChad View Post
enjoyed every mile of that thanks for Sharing Krime

i left my heart in the Alps a couple of years back , think its time i went and got it
My pleasure! Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcg View Post
Fantastic report!

Thanks,

JM.
Appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKenny View Post
Cool ride report! Nice pictures (even tough Im not a big fan of HDR :P )

Where did you buy your Alpinestars Jacket? What model is it? Are you satisfied with it?
Excellent, thanks. I try to use HDR in a subtle way to enhance the lighting without going over the top. I find it's actually truer to the way I saw things with my own eyes during the trip.

I bought that Alpinestars TZ-1 jacket many years ago, about 8 years ago when I bought my GSXR! I love the thing, it's held up well, but definitely not for this type of bike - the length of the jacket just isn't long enough when sitting upright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aah5 View Post
Great report, European Alps is just the most fabulous area for motorcycling, the mountain passes and roads winding their way up the valleys, nothing to compare in my opinion.
I have had the pleasure of riding over there for the last 3 summers,fist 2 solo and last year with the wife. First thing she said, 'When are we coming back'.
The villages, the roads, the lakes, the food, the courtesy of Euro drivers are all so much better. My trips were based out of Munich where we hire the bikes and then proceed to circle and zig-zag our way through the Alps.
Thanks for such a great report, captured the experience perfectly.
Thank you! Absolutely right about the European drivers... they were incredible! In the 3,250km we only got cut off once, and it was nothing serious really. It was incredible how cars were always looking in their rearview mirror, moving over to let you squeeze by in traffic - a massive contrast to way we drive here in and around Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaveruco View Post
The promised:
this first video has no music because it seems that I annoyed some music companies with it, so youtube has banned the music from it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgU9t4yIkZM

This second one is the long trip with my brother... a very funny ride...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMyCeGrSNk

As I said before, anyone who would need ideas for routes, places to visit or to avoid, and some safety tips in Morocco, don't doubt about contacting me.

Regards
Thanks for sharing Chaveruco, great videos. Definitely on my list for places to ride, I'll be sure to reach out when the time comes.

Krime screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 12:04 PM