User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
motobene OP
Motoing for 43 years

Oddometer: 1,017
Dualsport & Trials Training in SW Oklahoma

Hello there. I've got a ranch in SW Oklahoma that is super well suited to trials riding, training, and competition. I, a decades-long trials rider and decade-long dualsporter, am getting the word out to locals in the Southwest part of the state who may interested in both dualsport and trials but assume little is going on around Lawton, Altus, Hobart, Chickasha, even Wichita Falls, TX.

A friend long in dualsport/offroad bought a used Beta 250 trials bike last year. It's been a ton of fun watching him catch on fire for learning trials techniques. As a 'personal trials technique trainer', that's very satisfying, and I'd like to do even more of that for others, as basic trials techniques apply to all types of mototcycling. But this posting is mainly about hanging with like-minded folks.

Interested parties can PM me.
motobene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Are you the "SW MX" sign on Hwy 62 west of Indiahoma? I just saw it yesterday and was curious about it.
kiltedcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 570
I am interested in training and am moving to Lawton late April. I have been riding for 2 years but have no formal off road training and I am looking for something to help improve my technique and satisfy the Army requirement for training please let me know what kind of training and prices I can expect. I have a dual sport and trail bike.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b

Oddometer: 703
I'm a little further East, in Ada, but would love to try me some trials...looks like a blast!

Problem is that there aren't any active clubs around this area, that I know of. The Sooner Cup is coming to Tishomingo next month though, so I plan to go and drool...so watch for puddles.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobene View Post
Hello there. I've got a ranch in SW Oklahoma that is super well suited to trials riding, training, and competition. I, a decades-long trials rider and decade-long dualsporter, am getting the word out to locals in the Southwest part of the state who may interested in both dualsport and trials but assume little is going on around Lawton, Altus, Hobart, Chickasha, even Wichita Falls, TX.

A friend long in dualsport/offroad bought a used Beta 250 trials bike last year. It's been a ton of fun watching him catch on fire for learning trials techniques. As a 'personal trials technique trainer', that's very satisfying, and I'd like to do even more of that for others, as basic trials techniques apply to all types of mototcycling. But this posting is mainly about hanging with like-minded folks.

Feel free to host an Okie-ADV event.

Just make sure there isn't a conflict with SLAP or other already-planned events.

Definitely sounds intriguing, and I'd try to make it...
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobene View Post

Haven't heard anything on this in a while. Are you still running some training. Weather is getting way better the need to ride is in full effect.

Sent from my galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.