User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
2eddies OP
2eddies

Oddometer: 107
Photon torpedo

So, this was supposed to be a ride report about yesterday... It was supposed to be about high snow covered mountains in New Mexico, sky islands, the sun's Spring warmth, deer, elk, motos, super-volcanos, ancient calderas, being alone and free on long stretches of twisty, traffic-free pavement, good food in a small village known for hot springs and canyon views. About air so clear I could stand on the high rim of one sky island and look across the Rio Grande Valley and see the wall of the Sangre de Cristos for a 150 miles, from Santa Fe north to Taos and beyond to 14'ers in Colorado. As usual I was transported and transfixed.

It's hard to explain it to someone who doesn't enjoy life. Hard to tell someone who lives in an urban sewer what it's like. Pictures and videos or documentaries may help. But you can't smell it or feel it on your skin. No lens can give you the scale or width of it or the age of it. There is no reference between a high rise building and a mountain. No sane rationale between a polluted river city boundary and a stream you can put your own hand into and drink freely. I had music playing, I got stuck on one of the tunes and rode the notes for miles. It was music caused reverie, it was mountain caused reverie, it was speed caused reverie, it was motorcycle caused reverie, it was complete and total, it was motion, the road like a River, thru curve after curve, thru scene after scene, bubbling, burbling, falling thru time and space, past 20 deer munching on the new grass on the shoulder of the road, waiting for me to go by so they could cross to the other side. A movie, a song, very dreamy, very powerful, kept coming back, fueling this. Natures immense power was around me and coming in thru my ears, my nose, my eyes, my hands, from my feet up thru my spine and into my head. Big twin powering it on, totally plugged in and turned on to the Allman Brothers Band, riding in some of Mother Nature's best work, guitar/god virtuosos on stage in my head, dancing on a River in thin air, alive and free.

This is one of the things I was listening to...

"Worried down with the Blues", Warren Haynes, Allen Woody & John Jaworowicz, Sony Music, 1996

version by the Allman Brothers Band

I'm lying here for hours,
Can't get my eyes to close.
Can't get one moments peace,
To save my dog-gone soul.
I've been doin' more than drinkin'
Tryin' to ease my pain.
Everywhere I go,
Somebody speaks your name.
All my friends keep on askin'
Boy what's a wrong with you.
I say I'm weary,
Worried down with the blues.

Try to be a good man,
Work my fingers to the bone.
and you return the favor,
By messin' up my happy home.
Why'd you play so many dirty tricks
I lost my faith in you,
And now you want me to take you back.
What's a poor man supposed to do?

Worried down with the blues,
Oh yes I am,
worried down with the blues
Oh I feel like I was born to lose.
I used to walk with pride, with my head held high
And now I'm starin' down at my shoes.
Yes I am worried,

You made me turn my back,
On my very best friend.
And when my back was turned,
You were messin' around with him.
But I'd give up everything,
Just to have you back by my side.
In the cold, cold nights when I reach for you.
All I'm holdin' is my foolish pride.

I am worried down with the blues,
Oh yes I am,
I am worried down with the blues oh yea
I feel like I was born to lose.
I used to walk with pride with my head held high
And now I'm starrin' down at my shoes.
Yes I am worried,

Here's a YouTube version with the Allman Brothers Band featuring Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks providing vocal and guitar horsepower...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRbT--LRqA

Another great Live performance of this powerful song can be found on the Allman Brothers Band, "One Way Out - Live at the Beacon Theatre" 2-disc CD, 2004, Peach / Sanctuary Records

Make today a great day!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649853
East of Eden's Fires - 8/2011 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717546
2eddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
Carl Childers
Ghost in the Machine

Oddometer: 446
I'm one of the lucky ones to know just what your'e talking about. Thursday hit 70 degrees and I said screw work I'm going riding and got the bike out, my first long ride of the year. For all the years I've lived here first warm spell of the season that brings that first long ride I can't help but think "Ain't nowhere like Northern New Mexico!"