Are you co-opting my avatar?
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #2207
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by micq View Post
Looking at a SXC 625 , 07 model with 10000 klm's , any pointers on what to look for appreciated .
there's a thread near the top of the index on what to look for in a used bike, LC4 or otherwise. (Page 1 of this thread)

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #2208
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro View Post
Haven't found any info on racks for a '99 LC4 640e that will work with Ortlieb quick release bags. Anything out there that I'm missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid4747 View Post
guymanbro, I use the pro moto billet rack with the side pannier guards by the same company for my Ortlieb bags. They work fine though I push the loaded bags as far forward as I can for C/G. Here is a link to some photos of the rack on my 2001. Let me know if you need more help. http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w452/reid4747/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
Happy Trails carries Rack-It billet racks - http://www.happy-trail.com/KTM-LC4-%...argo-Rack.aspx

also these guys - http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/promoto/racks_ktm.htm

looks like a nice solution for my ortliebs too! (as long as we're all going bike camping!! )
These setups look good for the standard Ortliebs, but the quick release version that I have require a round tube frame to latch onto (no straps across the seat). Still looking, though I may just have to buy some beer for a welder friend of mine. . .

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #2209
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Oddometer: 577
Centerstand and side stand

Hey All,

Do the LC4s have a center stand and side stand or do you have to choose between the two? I just got a centerstand for my SXC and I'm going to put it on tomorrow. Am I going to have to remove my sidestand?

Anything tricky about installing the KTM centerstand?
MNCherryinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #2210
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCherryinCA View Post
Hey All,

Do the LC4s have a center stand and side stand or do you have to choose between the two? I just got a centerstand for my SXC and I'm going to put it on tomorrow. Am I going to have to remove my sidestand?

Anything tricky about installing the KTM centerstand?
I know with the 640 it's an either/or deal...unless you go with a SW-Motech sidestand.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #2211
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
juames said:
I know with the 640 it's an either/or deal...unless you go with a SW-Motech sidestand.
And watch out for those spring-loaded SW-Motech sidestands...They WILL get your leg a couple times! (wear the moto boots!)

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #2212
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
And watch out for those spring-loaded SW-Motech sidestands...They WILL get your leg a couple times! (wear the moto boots!)
Yes! They bite!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #2213
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Or you use Loadedagain's reverse-polish installation of the KTM side stand - then he says they both work.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #2214
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

air in clutch line?

I mysteriously have a clutch with no pressure! Anyone know how air could get in there out of nowhere?

I picked up a magura bleed kit. Hopefully I can pump the air out from the bottom.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #2215
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 3,888
I don't think so...tomdanger's avatar looks like the russian orthodox saint seraphin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdanger View Post
thanks kids! i have been under the seat and mask.....i guess i'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Are you co-opting my avatar?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #2216
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,100
Quote:
I mysteriously have a clutch with no pressure! Anyone know how air could get in there out of nowhere?

I picked up a magura bleed kit. Hopefully I can pump the air out from the bottom.

either you are going to need a O ring on the bottom slave or a piston at the top master.. do both and yourself a favor.. also get a new bushing and screw for the handle as it will wear allowing the lever axial movement making the master piston wear out faster.. partnumber for the bottom O ring 0770020210 KTM O-RING 23,52X1,78... on the top piston if your bike has the stock sxc clutch the size it 10.5 and a parts unlimited or WPS dealer can get the piston cheaper but here is the OEM pn 58402032000 .. the nut bolt and bushing for the handle is..50302038000
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #2217
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
either you are going to need a O ring on the bottom slave or a piston at the top master.. do both and yourself a favor.. also get a new bushing and screw for the handle as it will wear allowing the lever axial movement making the master piston wear out faster.. partnumber for the bottom O ring 0770020210 KTM O-RING 23,52X1,78... on the top piston if your bike has the stock sxc clutch the size it 10.5 and a parts unlimited or WPS dealer can get the piston cheaper but here is the OEM pn 58402032000 .. the nut bolt and bushing for the handle is..50302038000
So I used the kit to pump air from the bottom bleed area out the top with the cover off. Not much air came out, but I was able to fill it up and get it put back together with a pretty solid feeling when I pulled the clutch in. When I went to go for a short ride, I noticed the clutch was still having to be pulled ALL the way in to disengage the gears. After about 3 miles, I lost all pressure and basically had no clutch. Had to limp home by forcing it into gear without the clutch. Now back to square one.

I guess I should have waited to hear what you had to say wrk2...This bike is like golf! i just can't seem to get everything running right all at the same time! At least I'm learning a lot though! I just wanted to be riding the last 2 weekends and not fixing stuff! Hopefully Munn can ship all of these parts out quick!

When you talk about the bushing and screw for the handle...is that what allows the handle to kind of wiggle around?

Thanks for the pointers...
Old 02-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #2218
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Hey wrk2surf...What microfische is the 0770020210 o-ring on? I'm trying to figure out exactly where that o-ring is supposed to go.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #2219
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Quote:
Hey wrk2surf...What microfische is the 0770020210 o-ring on? I'm trying to figure out exactly where that o-ring is supposed to go.
All parts on order...hopefully they get here quick...I need to get out and ride!!! Now I have to go to church and then sit home all day for another Sunday
Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #2220
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

pressure back in clutch after i lost it earlier

ok...now it really gets wierd...i went out to look at things some more and now there is plenty of pressure in the clutch again! Here's the sequence:

changed the engine oil
clutch lost pressure
bled the clutch from banjo bolt up to top reservoir, made sure top reservoir was filled
put everything together
clutch was working ok, but still required a full pull-in to disengage the gears
rode about 3 miles and lost pressure in the clutch
came home, ordered parts
went in garage about 2 hours later and pressure has returned to the clutch