Old 03-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #3721
overlandr
Dystopist

Oddometer: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten660 View Post
Now i know how to upload pics (at last..) i want to show you my LC4 adventure:
[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/ruttenlcapr081.jpg/"]
Funny to think that Go!!!!!!! originally came from the likes of this advertising a smelly French fag (cigarette) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwktmbill View Post
Overlandr,
Thanks for the link.
How did you get Google to translate in the pdf.
Disd you use google chrome?
bill
Bill, I just manually cut and paste sections of ascii into translate. I don't know if its possible to translate the whole document in one go but it'd be great if it were
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #3722
Marten660
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr View Post
Funny to think that Go!!!!!!! originally came from the likes of this advertising a smelly French fag (cigarette) :

Bill, I just manually cut and paste sections of ascii into translate. I don't know if its possible to translate the whole document in one go but it'd be great if it were
Great pic of that 660RR! I own the same bike now! (big difference with the 640adv!)
Marten660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #3723
Hero Traction
n00b

Oddometer: 4
KTM 625 SXC Linkage Arm HELP

ANYONE have a 583.03.083.000 (LINKAGE ARM Length =127MM). Just check the bike over for my first BAJA ride and the one on the left side has snapped.

I need one by Wednesday or I get left behind to drink Tecates alone in my garage...

I have called all the KTM dealers and there are only linkages at the distribution center in OHIO so the fastest they can get it to me is by Friday....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...line&safe=1&zw
Hero Traction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #3724
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,119
Maybe someone near you could sell you theirs and buy them a new one

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #3725
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 4,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Traction View Post
ANYONE have a 583.03.083.000 (LINKAGE ARM Length =127MM). Just check the bike over for my first BAJA ride and the one on the left side has snapped.

I need one by Wednesday or I get left behind to drink Tecates alone in my garage...

I have called all the KTM dealers and there are only linkages at the distribution center in OHIO so the fastest they can get it to me is by Friday....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...line&safe=1&zw
Just make one out of steel flatbar, 2 drilled holes, some washers to space it out, some grinding to copy the other side and your good.... When the new link arrives you can swap it out in less than 20 minutes...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #3726
beek-02
blazing a trail

Oddometer: 113
I am the guy you contacted off craigslist. If you have to have a 127 mm I could pull one off my 640 and send it to you. Send it back once the one you ordered shows up. Just pay shipping. Or drive up to pick it up if your not willing to take the risk. I will warn you it's about 1:45 to lax. Quicker if you ride a bike and don't have to worry about traffic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #3727
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 824
sxc

I have some
I have a 4000 mile 2004 sxc lm parting out
Pm me
In NC
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #3728
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

Oddometer: 335
hey guys, i recently purchased a "well ridden" 99 640e. Awesome bike! But I am searching for a few parts, thought i would see if any of you had any these lying around.

I need a new stock seat or atleast the foam
A speedo, it has a trailtech, not a fan, looking for any model ktm mechanical speedo that will work. dont care about the mileage
least importantly passenger pegs, dont need them but would be nice to have.

here she is!
RiverRatRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #3729
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRatRider13 View Post
hey guys, i recently purchased a "well ridden" 99 640e. Awesome bike! But I am searching for a few parts, thought i would see if any of you had any these lying around.

I need a new stock seat or atleast the foam
A speedo, it has a trailtech, not a fan, looking for any model ktm mechanical speedo that will work. dont care about the mileage
least importantly passenger pegs, dont need them but would be nice to have.

here she is!

For the seat........check with Seat Concepts.

Cheers
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #3730
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,463
Guts racing makes foam for the KTM
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #3731
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Traction View Post

did you make it?
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #3732
tstick14
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Need some help with carb, I searched I promise

I need some BST 40 help. I've pulled the carb out and cleaned it up all nice like. Now I'm putting it back together and the float needle housing o-ring (don't know what to really call it) and the float tip that has the o-ring on it that is fixed into the carb body both don't push in and stay? It's like the o-rings aren't seating. I had to pull them out to clean them. Is there a trick to getting these to re-seat, wd-40 or something?

Also, what is the trick to getting this carb in and out with some ease. That was a difficult extraction process , my 950 was way easier to work with than my 640 has been so far.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #3733
Young-Gun
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstick14 View Post
I need some BST 40 help. I've pulled the carb out and cleaned it up all nice like. Now I'm putting it back together and the float needle housing o-ring (don't know what to really call it) and the float tip that has the o-ring on it that is fixed into the carb body both don't push in and stay? It's like the o-rings aren't seating. I had to pull them out to clean them. Is there a trick to getting these to re-seat, wd-40 or something?

Also, what is the trick to getting this carb in and out with some ease. That was a difficult extraction process , my 950 was way easier to work with than my 640 has been so far.
Try this The BST-40 Bible
KTM 625SXC - Adventure bike (project)
GPS and other items for sale
Young-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #3734
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstick14 View Post

I dont recall having any issue with the oring, but its been 2.5 years. Are you sure you put the right oring on there? I would imagine an old one would be loose fiting and a new one very tight.

The trick to getting it in and out of the frame, persistance! Know when to call it quits for a few minutes and then go back to it. It's a pain in the ass at best!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #3735
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
I dont recall having any issue with the oring, but its been 2.5 years. Are you sure you put the right oring on there? I would imagine an old one would be loose fiting and a new one very tight.

The trick to getting it in and out of the frame, persistance! Know when to call it quits for a few minutes and then go back to it. It's a pain in the ass at best!
Low.........you forgot to add the "Teaser Beer" waiting in the fridge for when you get the carb out!

Cheers