Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #3856
Alik
viertaKTMotor *****

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
What are people using as an accessory fuse block for headlight/horn rewires?

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/
Alik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #3857
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik View Post
Quote:
Products (Made in the USA)
Our products are made here in the USA. By buying our products you're not only getting a quality product but you are also helping up to five other US companies and their employees in Wisconsin and Ohio. We appreciate your business and so do they.
Thanks,

Cindy Gran
Owner, Fuzeblocks.com, LLC
This is helpful, thanks.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #3858
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Figured out my no start problem. When I swapped out the kill switch lever I accidentally bent the rotating contact plate. It was only making partial contact. Straightened it out and reassembled and now it works great!

This little bugger was the problem.

I also had a wire come loose in my ignition switch which explained my flickering lights. Lots of fun digging out the silicone I filled the switch with so I could solder it again. I got a much better connection this time. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #3859
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvrocks View Post
Figured out my no start problem. When I swapped out the kill switch lever I accidentally bent the rotating contact plate. It was only making partial contact. Straightened it out and reassembled and now it works great!

This little bugger was the problem.

I also had a wire come loose in my ignition switch which explained my flickering lights. Lots of fun digging out the silicone I filled the switch with so I could solder it again. I got a much better connection this time. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
So it wasn't turning over at all? Like, you hit the starter and... nothing happened. Right?

Yeah, totally misunderstood what you meant by "no start." But I'm glad you figured it out.
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #3860
Tonicu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Probably wear on the slide and the corresponding parts in the carb.

Here's a post with a shot of some old and new parts. Old worn parts show the hole for the needle terribly out of alignment. I'd imagine this would contribute greatly to the wear on the needle.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=123
Thanks, Booni. New parts have been ordered, hopefully sorting the stalling problem out.
Tonicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #3861
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by biensur22 View Post
So it wasn't turning over at all? Like, you hit the starter and... nothing happened. Right?

Yeah, totally misunderstood what you meant by "no start." But I'm glad you figured it out.
Exactly. Hit the starter and nothing happened. I must have bent the tabs when I put it together the first time.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #3862
SidewaysCarolina
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
ignition cover glass

hello i have a 2003 640 adventure that has a broken/knocked loose sight glass on the ignition cover. has anyone replaced one of these before? do they just push in by hand? do i need to bleed the oil again after taking this cover off? any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

also thanks for the rest of the red hot knowledge in this thread I've spent a couple hours looking around in here its awesome.
SidewaysCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #3863
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,938
They just press in.

Make sure you use the right type of silicone sealer.
You want to use the "non vinegar" smelling ones.
I used some RV silicone and it started leaking again shortly.

As a matter of fact it started leaking badly on the way home from WV a couple weeks ago so I had to use some liquid metal putty from Wal-Mart in a pinch so I could get home.
I should have just fixed it properly over the winter.

As far as your oil question.
No you won't have to bleed the system again.
I laid mine on its side and took the cover off when I used the RV silicone,which you do not want to use.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #3864
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysCarolina View Post
hello i have a 2003 640 adventure that has a broken/knocked loose sight glass on the ignition cover. has anyone replaced one of these before? do they just push in by hand? do i need to bleed the oil again after taking this cover off? any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

also thanks for the rest of the red hot knowledge in this thread I've spent a couple hours looking around in here its awesome.
see here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=6094

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #3865
SidewaysCarolina
Adventurer

awesome thanks for the quick reply guys. as far as the non vinegar smelling sealant what would you recommend ? I see that the link offered by dnrobertson
shows using loctite 648 is this used on the ignition cover as a sealant? or around the observation glass? again thanks this thread is killer
Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #3866
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysCarolina View Post
awesome thanks for the quick reply guys. as far as the non vinegar smelling sealant what would you recommend ? I see that the link offered by dnrobertson
shows using loctite 648 is this used on the ignition cover as a sealant? or around the observation glass? again thanks this thread is killer
The 648 is a retaining compound and is what is recommended to bond the glass in place {and also the waterpump seal}...

I pull the cover off the bike first as the sight glass seems to press in better from the inside towards the outside... I put the glass in the freezer, warm the cover with a heat gun, lay it on a block of wood, coat both surfaces with 648 and carefully tap the cover in place with a proper sized wooded dowel for a drift... The times I have tried to put the sight glass in from the outside inward it has tried to strip the gasket rubber off the outside of the glass...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #3867
SidewaysCarolina
Adventurer

ok cool thanks for breaking it down
Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #3868
atomizer
Be here now

Oddometer: 272
640 top end rebuild

Hey folks,
I did a search and having problems finding the right place. I need a top end rebuild on my 06 640. Can I get some info as to the best place to send it to?
I won't be tearing into it myself. My mechanic will take it apart and ship it to the place with the best recommendations. Thanks so much. Atom..
atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #3869
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomizer View Post
Hey folks,
I did a search and having problems finding the right place. I need a top end rebuild on my 06 640. Can I get some info as to the best place to send it to?
I won't be tearing into it myself. My mechanic will take it apart and ship it to the place with the best recommendations. Thanks so much. Atom..
I have a place here in B.C. I use, but I hear that this outfit does a good job:
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...46340616,d.cGE
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #3870
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomizer View Post
Hey folks,

Malcolm smith in LA county..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote