Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #16
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix View Post
... Only thing that could have made it more perfect is if they'd been standing up on the pegs to negotiate the hazardous asphalt terrain.

Advsqidrates?

Piventurids?
there's a couple of inmates at our local dinner meetup that always pull in standing up on the pegs. not sure why.
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #17
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
there's a couple of inmates at our local dinner meetup that always pull in standing up on the pegs. not sure why.

Airs out the 'boys'. Try it sometime. Also, you get better visibility over parked cars, so you can find a parking spot.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #18
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRVT View Post
I just found out yesterday that sports bike riders in one piece leathers are called "Power Rangers". These days more and more inmates seem to be making fun of GS riders uniform look and their overpriced BMW clothing. You might see terms like "Charlie and Ewan clones", "Twat suites", "BMW pajamas".

I'll never forget the time I was getting my bike serviced at a BMW dealer and a guy brought in a brand new 20+K GSA for a service. The bike had about 4K worth of Touratech accessories on it, the guy had a BMW suit, boots, tankbag, etc, worth of another 3K. And then he asks me - How good do you think my bike will be on dirt roads, I haven't tried yet. Not sure what he should be called.
Hey, you have to start somewhere. Better to have all that and THEN start, than to start and crash before having it.

However, in general, there are a lot of different groups that fall into the "More money than brains!" crowd! Doesn't matter what kind of bike. HD, Ducati, BMW etc!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #19
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
They want to show their ass?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #20
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 18,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
They want to show their ass?

Jim
They're crop dusting before entering the cafe.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,065
Typically we're referred to as "dorks."

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRVT View Post
I just found out yesterday that sports bike riders in one piece leathers are called "Power Rangers". These days more and more inmates seem to be making fun of GS riders uniform look and their overpriced BMW clothing. You might see terms like "Charlie and Ewan clones", "Twat suites", "BMW pajamas".

I'll never forget the time I was getting my bike serviced at a BMW dealer and a guy brought in a brand new 20+K GSA for a service. The bike had about 4K worth of Touratech accessories on it, the guy had a BMW suit, boots, tankbag, etc, worth of another 3K. And then he asks me - How good do you think my bike will be on dirt roads, I haven't tried yet. Not sure what he should be called.
We call them "PD"'s. Paris DaTards. Guys with sugar plumb visions of rally riding, but they don't like ouchies from falling or messing up their paint job with sticks and stones. They usually carry a can of pledge for their paint and wax it every single time they stop. Microfiber towel, son.
They like to stand in front of the coffee shop, parked as close to the door as they can, and demonstratively use their hands to show how they were overtaking a ______ on the dragon because that guy had no skills.

And then, with a heavy sigh, they state that the day's too far gone to make an iron butt and so they will now just take the long way home so they can catch the race later.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
mabuz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
Probably the closest to right so far...at least that's what a couple of my friends I ride with (who ride HDs) called me when I called them pirates, haha.
mabuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
justdirtyfun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
I think a lot of riders have vanity plates and don't even realize it! My DRZ is usually overkill for gravel roads but I look the part by never washing it.
justdirtyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
I think that this term more aptly describes those who choose to rock the Onesie...............
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #26
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
We call them "PD"'s. Paris DaTards. Guys with sugar plumb visions of rally riding, but they don't like ouchies from falling or messing up their paint job with sticks and stones. They usually carry a can of pledge for their paint and wax it every single time they stop. Microfiber towel, son.
They like to stand in front of the coffee shop, parked as close to the door as they can, and demonstratively use their hands to show how they were overtaking a ______ on the dragon because that guy had no skills.

And then, with a heavy sigh, they state that the day's too far gone to make an iron butt and so they will now just take the long way home so they can catch the race later.
Winning.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,541
Are those PD's the same guys that always tell me about how they like to pass sport bikes on their dual sport?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,642
I don't know... I love this time of year though. All the "tough guys" start riding now that the temps are flirting with 70. They come out in their tough guy leather, with tough guy scowls, and tough guy pirate gear. They are so tough that they clearly break if the ambient temperature drops below 65.

The thing is... I love that more bike are on the road now. I ride all winter and when more bikes are on the road, people notice me more and that is a good thing. I just chuckle at how "tough" the tough guys want me to think they are.

It perfectly illustrates the difference between a biker and a rider.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Well, I've heard comments about how I look like the kid from the christmas story.....Motoport gear does that to us skinny fellas

I also pulled up to a bike night on a Versys with side cases and full gear- nothing out of the ordinary. Immediately people were pointing and laughing and talking shit- everyone else had a sportbike. Its cool, though, because a guy with a dropped 2011 R6 told me he dropped it because its impossible to take the state riding test on a sportbike- and he cant believe his 25 dollar ebay sliders didnt work better.

In a group of dumbass squids, I prefer to be called "einstien"
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
What about the guys with the skull face masks?
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote