Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
NZDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
UFC 158 gsp v diaz

http://www.google.co.nz/url?q=http:/...-M8e2MoxaypazA

This is going down next Saturday, no way diaz has earned a shot at the belt but it seems to be what teh fans want.

My prediction is lots of prefight yapping by Diaz then complete ownage by gsp in the fight.
NZDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
vettex2
X-Racer

Oddometer: 1,472
I hope Diaz wins
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,138
I'm really wanting to see GSP fight Anderson Silva.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
NZDave OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
I'm really wanting to see GSP fight Anderson Silva.
I think it's more likely that Anderson Silva will fight John Jones at some point.

I'd like to see GSP v Silva as well but I dont think it will happen, GSP has said in the past that he'd take the fight but would need time to bulk up.

Looking forward to this Saturday though, Diaz has been trash talking up a storm
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZDave View Post
I think it's more likely that Anderson Silva will fight John Jones at some point.

I'd like to see GSP v Silva as well but I dont think it will happen, GSP has said in the past that he'd take the fight but would need time to bulk up.

Looking forward to this Saturday though, Diaz has been trash talking up a storm
Dana White has been doing his share of talking too. Sometimes he reminds me of a HS cheerleader. "Did you hear what so and so said about you?" I know he's got to promote the fights and build interest but maaaaan.

My prediction. GSP will submit Diaz in round 2.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,156
Men's UFC is done, now that the chicks are getting so popular. I'll guess that the cards will be female-only within 3 years.
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz View Post
Men's UFC is done, now that the chicks are getting so popular. I'll guess that the cards will be female-only within 3 years.
not likely. the women were popular in strikeforce, but that didn't make the men any less popular... not to mention there's not nearly the same depth of talent in the women's ranks.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
GSP vs Silva is a bad fight but Silca vs Jones is a really dumb move for Silva, he cant gain the weight he would need to copete agaist Jones. Silva is a much better fighter but jones size would be too much, as it has been for guys who fight 205 all the time. GSP said he would only fight in his weigh class said he cant yo yo weight lik silva, but thats too small of a class for silva. Both giant money makers but dont think either would be as exciting as they have been hyped up to be.
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,446
Diaz is a brawler .. and a shit talker . GSP will dismantle him just like he has been doing to his other opponents. People say GSP isnt a fight finisher .. why would he finish them when its way more fun punishing some douchebag for running his mouth ?
Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #10
NZDave OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee View Post
Diaz is a brawler .. and a shit talker . GSP will dismantle him just like he has been doing to his other opponents. People say GSP isnt a fight finisher .. why would he finish them when its way more fun punishing some douchebag for running his mouth ?
And thats pretty much how it played out, Diaz's rants and shit talking didnt make GSP angry and he stuck to his gameplan and did what he does best

Good card, Hendricks vs Condit was f**king great, and showed how legit Hendricks is, and Dana has just said that Hendricks gets the next shot at GSP's belt.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,814
My only wish is that GSP would go all-out and actually try to finish a fight. He hasn't finished a fight in years. He wins, and he usually dominates. But if he took some chances I think he could be a legend.

Right now, he's another Matt Hughes talented and dominant, but he just grinds out wins in unspectacular fashion. I think he's playing it safe, following the safe game plan, and banking the fight checks.

Then again, I have no clue how hard it is to fight the guys that GSP has beaten, so I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm just a spectator.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
My only wish is that GSP would go all-out and actually try to finish a fight. He hasn't finished a fight in years. He wins, and he usually dominates. But if he took some chances I think he could be a legend.

Right now, he's another Matt Hughes talented and dominant, but he just grinds out wins in unspectacular fashion. I think he's playing it safe, following the safe game plan, and banking the fight checks.

Then again, I have no clue how hard it is to fight the guys that GSP has beaten, so I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm just a spectator.
I always have to laugh when the crowd starts booing the fighters when they're in a clinch. It may not be really exciting to watch but for the fighters it can be exhausting.
I've wrestled and I've boxed. Well I boxed until I got hit in my first sparring match. My 12 year old brain said screw this. I have an idea how difficult it can be to try to control some one who's trying to control you. What I don't understand is how those guys can take some of the shots they take. It's a tough sport.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
vettex2
X-Racer

Oddometer: 1,472
fights were a serious yawn......
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,138
The Hendricks-Condit fight was fun to watch.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
I always have to laugh when the crowd starts booing the fighters when they're in a clinch. It may not be really exciting to watch but for the fighters it can be exhausting.
I've wrestled and I've boxed. Well I boxed until I got hit in my first sparring match. My 12 year old brain said screw this. I have an idea how difficult it can be to try to control some one who's trying to control you. What I don't understand is how those guys can take some of the shots they take. It's a tough sport.
I boxed for three years in college. Getting hit in the head doesn't hurt. Getting hit in the body will stay with your for a week or so.

I agree, MMA is a ridiculously tough sport. You gotta be tough to fight like that.

Maybe I'm asking for the moon... exciting fights every time. I just think if GSP took a chance, he'd end his fights quickly and in spectacular fashion. That's what I want to see. I want to see every fighter go into the cage and fight like it's life or death instead of playing it safe, and I think (but, obviously, don't know) that GSP is playing it safe in his fights.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: