User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
narf_44 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
homemade rally fairing CRF 450X

My friend gave me his broken headlight fairing off his Honda 954RR sport bike so I could make this up. I plan on throwing a HID projector set up in it, but I'm going to do a few trips to with it frist to see if I like it or not. I would have like to had it mold into the gas tank shrouds like the 650 dominator fairings, but there is NO where to mount it to. Thats why I decided to use the original mounting areas. Hope you like. Here is the bike it came off, 2002 Honda 954rr

narf_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
The fairing is neat in a road warrior kind of way, but I am more curious what the tube frame is in the back ground. An aircraft of some type? Another Iranian stealth fighter?
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
narf_44 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
the tube frame is a Piper Cub airplane
narf_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
buelless
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by narf_44 View Post
My friend gave me his broken headlight fairing off his Honda 954RR sport bike so I could make this up. I plan on throwing a HID projector set up in it, but I'm going to do a few trips to with it frist to see if I like it or not. I would have like to had it mold into the gas tank shrouds like the 650 dominator fairings, but there is NO where to mount it to. Thats why I decided to use the original mounting areas. Hope you like. Here is the bike it came off, 2002 Honda 954rr

Really off to a good start. Looks like it is frame mounted on the donor bike, is it also frame mounted on your bike? Frame mounting will take a lot of the twitchiness from the handle bars. I did something similar with my wr250r and really like the results. Good luck with the mod!
buelless is offline   Reply With Quote