User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #136
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 154
What preplanning did you do for possible medical emergencies...map of hospitals similar to gas station locations???..or did you just "wing it"...almost caught up on episodes.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #137
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Damn!!!
You have just out done yourself this time Oisin!!! Absolutely excellent!

I have to agree with your thoughts about the Rockies and the far Northwest.....spreading down from Dawson City to Calgary etc.

It is a region that gets under your skin and you just can't get it out! I look forward to getting out there every other year or so. I just have to!

Once again ...Well done my son!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #138
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Thanks again Oisin. I do believe each video is a little better then the last. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #139
bama jama
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thanks Oisin!I have greatly enjoyed you posts.Look forward to more.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #140
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Great in site on the Jasper, Banff, Canmore area. You sounded like a local with your wisdom.
Regarding your first aid kit, do you carry a sewing needle, and dental floss? In a pinch you can use it to sew up a wound, or sew up a large cut in a tire tube before you patch it. (It will keep the cut from running out from under the patch).

I can't wait for the next video.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #141
elkgrichard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Looking forward to the Little Big Horn...just went through that area a few years ago, love the history. One thing struck me strange that day at the entry gate...an Indian collected my money to get into the place. That whole day i didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts and think about what was going through those guys heads that last day of their life. Having served in war it had some type of strange profound affect on me. I could feel the spirit of those men with me that entire day. I've had a couple other people tell me they felt something there unexplainable..
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #142
Oisin OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Hi there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho911 View Post
Great in site on the Jasper, Banff, Canmore area. You sounded like a local with your wisdom.
Regarding your first aid kit, do you carry a sewing needle, and dental floss? In a pinch you can use it to sew up a wound, or sew up a large cut in a tire tube before you patch it. (It will keep the cut from running out from under the patch).

I can't wait for the next video.
A doctor friend of mine recommended superglue... if you get a gash that needs a stitch you can superglue it together... thankfully never got to try that one out!! :-)
Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #143
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Thanks for the kind words about the Canadian Rockys. When someone who's seen as much of the world as you have speaks so highly of it, it really makes me appreciate my back yard even more.
For all people for all time sums it up nicely.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #144
elkgrichard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
The best video yet...you had me reaching for my seat belt with that zap hyper space thing and a couple other little tricks you put into that video.
You're turning into a video Star Wars type big guy.

I'm thinking you got something up your sleeve for the little bighorn.

Only thing missing..the concession stand with the ten dollar coke and popcorn.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #145
Imbeek
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wow.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #146
PlanetBikers
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Nice video, will wait for more !!!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #147
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
A doctor friend of mine recommended superglue... if you get a gash that needs a stitch you can superglue it together... thankfully never got to try that one out!! :-)
Yes for sure. My understanding is that the original design creation for superglue was for closing wounds. The only difference from store bought superglue and the surgical superglue in hospital is they add a color dye to the medical glue so we can see where we put it. (I'd hate to get stuck to the patient). LOL.

Great advice, glad you never needed it either.

Love your blog. Cannot wait for more
Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #148
Dracula
Deus ex machina

Oddometer: 802
Just finished watching your 30 th episode. Great work, and really enjoy your commentaries. As side note, last year next day after Canada's day I was passing through after having camped some 30 km South of Jasper (all hotels were fully booked and I barely found a tent spot given that it was Canada day). Some pictures are in my RR blog below. I had done it a year before as well, last time accompanied by ex wife just few months before unbeknownst to me she decided to divorce after 25 years together.
So for all it's beauty, I was overwhelmed with this heavy feeling of remembrance of my past life, that made me speed through it. I know that's screwed up. I got a hefty speeding fine doing around 75 mph (I think speed limit is 90 kph IIRC)

Keep up the good work. Am also reading your second book. I hope you are making decent profit with the e-books so you can travel and post some more.

Cheers,
Vic
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #149
LivnLif2TheFulst
An Adventurous Soul

Oddometer: 33
Brilliantly Inspiring

BRILLIANT!!! Just brilliant Oisin.... The videos of your trip are "Better" than Long Way Round.... Yours are more Honest as an Adventure Ride, No Backup Crew, No Fixers at each boarder.... just a True Adventure

In fact I think your videos are so good this is my "First" Adventure Rider Post... I've watch all 30 posted, I look forward to others. Can't wait to watch them all again...

Thank you so much for sharing,

Cheers,

Elvis
Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #150
GoinPostal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Fantastic

Absolutely Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your fantastic adventure in this format. Now I've got to try it myself.
Group of Fools Central America Adventure 2013
2012 Triple Black GSA
Closed Thread