User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #241
Beelzabob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,063
Don't sell yourself short O. Playing to an empty room....????? IMHO, your thread is one of the best that's EVER been captured here.

Thank you.

"Most of the trip was like being thrown into a barrel of titties only to come out sucking your thumb!" - Oisin
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #242
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzabob View Post
Don't sell yourself short O. Playing to an empty room....????? IMHO, your thread is one of the best that's EVER been captured here.

Thank you.

WHole heartedly agree. I put together a 20min video one time. ONE time. my dog, the work involved! I cant imagine what you've gone thru, Oisin. But, the quality shows. And, the word will get out. Be patient.

WHen you first posted your stories and your vids, I had just come back from my own mini-epic trip to Prudhoe and was still trying to get back to "civilization". Your reports kept pulling me away from adjusting, to the point when I showed a friend your video of everyone you met on that trip, she told me to "just go!". I should have.

If you get a chance, it would be great to see that one again. Its the one I think made up of stills, set to music.

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #243
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Morning!
Well I'm truly stunned that anyone even noticed they were gone!

Don't worry I'm still alive....... and no it didn't get picked up for a tv deal.... or anything like that.... all that happened was no one was looking at them when I looked at the analytics.... so there wasn't any point playing to an empty room....

Videos are live - will leave them up.
Empty room, bollix!

A lot of people that I talked to think this is about the next best thing after LWR (and some think it's beyond).
It's one of the most authentic and personal accounts of such a journey, a solo trip nonetheless(!), that exists in this quality of production. The missus and meself even watched a few episodes on the big telly one evening, wasn't anything better on.

Thanks for sharing them
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #244
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Hey Oisin -

Maybe worth firing off a speculative email via http://longwayround.com/team.htm They have the know how and experience to see if what you've got has what it takes to make some money, professional editing, dvd production, all that sort of thing. Shy boys get nowt, so it's always worth a try
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #245
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,235
Ha! The emails, PM's and speculation of WTF! has been insane. Cheerful spirit in the midst of irksome tasks and weighty responsibilities thing.

Jeez, I was freaking out.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #246
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
I see that this thread has had 30,000 page views. The Long Way Round Youtube site says 12,000 video views. So...........
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #247
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
He appears to have cancelled his Facebook profile as well. It was active a few days ago and it now appears to have been removed.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #248
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Facebook is the devils work anyway.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #249
Ganjora
class A bollockser

Oddometer: 145
thanks for putting them back up Oisin.
followed the original RR, and enjoyed it, but the videos are outstanding.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #250
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 520
Yeah thanks Oisin. If the room looked empty, it means my diet is working. I'm up to Mongolia so don't pull the pin just yet please.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #251
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Morning!
Well I'm truly stunned that anyone even noticed they were gone!

Don't worry I'm still alive....... and no it didn't get picked up for a tv deal.... or anything like that.... all that happened was no one was looking at them when I looked at the analytics.... so there wasn't any point playing to an empty room....

Videos are live - will leave them up.
Morrrrrning...was very concerned...finished watching entire series...and was going over various episodes a second time...and wham-gone...would like to get series on DVD if possible....welcome back...we missed ya.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #252
young1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
They are back :-)
Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #253
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 135
Oisin...can both publications be purchased in book form??..found Roaming in paperback but not "Not Dead Yet"??...are you back in Ireland or roaming??
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #254
syzygy9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Oisin...can both publications be purchased in book form??..found Roaming in paperback but not "Not Dead Yet"?? . . .
sure can . . .

Actually I had bought both books for holiday reading (Bali, 2012) and sort of decided then that on an upcoming trip through central Australia I would take photos of myself reading these books at iconic Australian outback locations and email them to Oisin as a gesture of appreciation. However, like all good motorcycle travelers, I was carrying way too much stuff and ended mailing stuff back home.

Sorry Oisin, both your fairly large and heavy books were the first to make the ignominious trip back home (Perth, Australia) on the mail truck! In my defense, 5000 kms of sandy dirt tracks and roads on an overladen KTM 990 called for desperate measures.

I bought both books from lulu.com, very entertaining and educational reads, highly recommended.

syzygy9 screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 05:41 AM
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #255
dnorton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Thanks for putting the videos back.

I just watched #31. Interesting to hear your perspective on Montana and Wyoming scenery. I grew up there and to me it's ho-hum. Not that I don't appreciate it, it's just normal.

2 years ago I went to Ireland on holiday and thought the scenery was bleeping amazing. Just couldn't fathom the manual labor that went into building all those rock walls. My dinning room has a wall dedicated to photographs from Ireland. Not a single one from the "mountain states".

It's all a matter of perspective.
Closed Thread