ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,433
Lost Jesse 15/210 Rancho

Lost a right side Jesse alloy pannier (charcoal) at the intersection from 15 south to 210 west. Right there on the two lane intersection heading to Claremont, it was in the left lane (someone saw it, but it was gone when we went back).

Today Wednesday 13th March 2013 about 3.30pm or maybe a bit earlier.

Reward for return. Even bigger reward if the contents are complete.

TUCKERS screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 12:51 AM
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Yes, I called:

Rancho CHP

Caltrans

My buddy saw it in the road and when we went back it was gone.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,516
When did you lose it?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oh yea. Today Wednesday 13th about 3.30pm
Old 03-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
Oh yea. Today Wednesday 13th about 3.30pm
K, will have at least one family member driving by there tomorrow, we'll keep an eye out.

Note: If it was full of beer, it was empty when we found it.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Ha, beer no, but some other favors in my medicine bag.

I went and looked really good, I mean really good. It was in the roadway, as another rider saw. Someone picked it up before we got back there. I looked WAY up and down in the grass and weeds on both sides, just in case it got deflected. I mean WAY WAY up and down, it's not there.

Brand new Cyclepump in there too, to replace the one I left in Baja last September.

This was the first big ride after my accident. First ever ride on the new to me BMW R1200GS!

Can't seem to get ahead . Woe is me. Oh well
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,317
i hate it when half of my 1000$ side case falls off. good luck on the search though.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
Ha, beer no, but some other favors in my medicine bag.

I went and looked really good, I mean really good. It was in the roadway, as another rider saw. Someone picked it up before we got back there. I looked WAY up and down in the grass and weeds on both sides, just in case it got deflected. I mean WAY WAY up and down, it's not there.

Brand new Cyclepump in there too, to replace the one I left in Baja last September.

This was the first big ride after my accident. First ever ride on the new to me BMW R1200GS!

Can't seem to get ahead . Woe is me. Oh well
Any ID or way to contact you on the case or in contents? I lost a nice Camel Back ... and realized whomever found it would have NO WAY to contact me ...as I did not identify it and nothing inside with my ID. Shame, lots of small tools, knife, handy stuff you collect over the years ... plus
$25 cash. Oh well.

Interesting about the GS case falling off. Two friends ... both R12 GS riders have had their stock BMW cases come off on several occasions. No off road riding, just highway in ALL cases. One guy had one case squashed by a Semi. Another guy's case came off in front of me near La Paz, BC. We stopped and managed a Jerry rigg fix. It held back to Nor Cal. These guys fumed at BMW dealers ... they could care less.

I thought the Jesse bags would stay on better? Is it the mounting rack at fault .... or what? Hope you get it back ... somehow!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Ample ID in the pannier. I had an extensive 14 year old leather bound notebook/address book in the bottom of my clothes bag in there...and on the front cover of the book a sticker with my name and address, phone numbers and even a reward for return statement. I'm afraid the rest of the contents swayed them. Laptop/camera/Ipod/speakers/cyclepump/tools/Keens/and etc.
A physical therapy hand tool I was using daily was in there, that's a loss, but the biggest loss by far is the note/address book. Then of course the $500 pannier itself. I JUST took delivery of the bike last Wednesday, and this was my first ride out!
I can't comment if it's a design flaw. I don't like the fitment at all (now). BUT for many it has worked well for years. I did not choose the panniers, both new to us used 1200's came with them!
I will modify them and bolt the pannier to the frame rack. I do not need/want quick release.
I can get a full set of Happy Trail Teton's,, with frame mount similiar size (scratch and dent) for $570. The Jesse new alone is $500 for the one pannier. I was wondering if I could sell my Jesse Odyssey 2 frame mount and left side high pipe pannier and be ahead of the game and go HT. Decision time. I could also take the opportunity and go low pipe and two full size HT's for another $90, or make my own low pipe which I've done before. I'll weigh my options.....it's already a $500 decision made for me. This last few months since my accident has been $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
arbrlvr
Santa Rosa, CA

Oddometer: 81
Bummer

Sorry to hear of the bad luck. I love my Jessie panniers on my GS. They are getting a bit banged up but never come off. In fact I payed the bike down on an icy road and the space created between my Jessie's and the engine guards kept my leg from any harm. I'm sure your bound for good fortune now that you have a new to you GS to ride
arbrlvr is offline   Reply With Quote