Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #226
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypyro View Post
For anyone that it might help in the future...

My surging problem was a simple solution. I had the carb vents configured wrong. I routed them behind the starter, kinda "down" in the engine, and voila, no more surging.

Next long trip I make might be this weekend, and I was hoping to figure out riding the bike normal what the fuel economy is now.

I always hear people say its hard to keep off the throttle when you do mods and I always thought it was bullshit. Well now that I have the cans installed, this intake, the h2w jet kit, I know exactly why people say that.
My setup including cans is really close to yours. I am getting 34 to 36 mpg under hard high rpm sport riding. probably could get more if my dang wrist didn't keep rolling down.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #227
RedRupert
Brit in the Soviet Union

Oddometer: 578
How thick is the Al mounting plate, please?

Thanks.
Kawasaki KLR 650 (1988)
Yamaha RD 350 LC (1984)
RedRupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #228
preppypyro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper996 View Post
My setup including cans is really close to yours. I am getting 34 to 36 mpg under hard high rpm sport riding. probably could get more if my dang wrist didn't keep rolling down.
Nothing wrong with that hey!

I have that damn wrist twist problem as well! How do you like the way your bike performs now, all in all?

I loved the bike before, but with this intake, the jetting, and the cans, its.. well impressive, but just awesome.

I find Im consistantly cracking the throttle wide open to hear that intake suck in, I love the throaty growl.

I also find I blip the throttle once in awhile like those stereotypical harley riders, just so I can hear the exhaust note.

Might get flamed for that one but Im ok with that lol.

As for the thickness I thought it was 1/4 inch thick, but Sporting Wood will be able to yay or nay that.
preppypyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #229
Rootkiller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
2006 950,2 into1 wings.
168/170 mains,45 pilot,factory pro 3rd clip,#70 idle air jets, float at 4mm, very small lean surge around 4400 rpm.I

Installed #50 idle air jets and now it runs really good. almost fun to work on it also! still playing with the fuel screws(flexi jets) right now at 2 turns out.

The bike seems to run a little smoother now also.

A great mod

at approx 300'elevation

Rootkiller screwed with this post 08-07-2013 at 06:04 PM
Rootkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #230
hideehoo
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Are you looking to offer larger JC30 options for the Super Duke 990 application?

The stock velocity stacks on a SD 990 look to be about 50mm looking at these measurements.

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewt...rt=525#p220227

With the JC30-65 filter, that only leave about 15mm between the top of the stack and the foam. ITG is recommending 20mm to 32mm here.

http://www.itgfilters.net/ITG-Filter...-15JC30-65.htm

"If using rampipes, there must be an absolute minimum gap of 3/4" (19mm) or
preferably 1 1/4" (32mm) between the end of the pipe and the underside of the
top of the filter."

Seems like the JC30-80 or JC30-100 (if it fits) might be a better option. From what I've found searching on the filter CPR is using, it's about 90mm tall, so at a minimum the JC30-80 should fit.
hideehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #231
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,154
The rc8 stacks fit but be careful with the fit. They need to be modified a bit as they don't mate the same or they will vibrate out. And your filter will be loose.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #232
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
The rc8 stacks fit but be careful with the fit. They need to be modified a bit as they don't mate the same or they will vibrate out. And your filter will be loose.
Good info, thanks.

FWIW, the unique design in which my filter adapter mounts to the 990 throttle bodies stays put even without the velocity stack. It would be loose and not something one would want to do on purpose, but it won't leak unfiltered air and you may rest assured that it won't flop off like the competition's.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #233
spillcnz
NZRIDER

Oddometer: 1
KTM 950 Adventure air filter

Not sure if this is the correct place to write this as i am new to ADVRIDER but would like to say thanks to Chris from Sporting Wood, his replacement air filter for my KTM 950 works great.

I installed the filter and jet kit following Chris,s set-up instructions, bike fired up and ran perfectly, did not have to tweak anything, the power gain is amazing, could not believe it was the same engine, much stronger through the mid-range and top-end.

Power delivery is smooth with cruise nice and steady, bike is alot more fun to ride and a pleasure to work on with that horrible airbox gone, a MAJOR PLUS.

Highly recommend this set-up, great price also.
spillcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #234
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Thanks for the props from NZ! Glad you are happy with the mod.

Dig the old 2 smoke Suzuki. I have a couple GT750's myself.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #235
DJAdv
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Any update on the 990 version?
DJAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #236
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAdv View Post
Any update on the 990 version?
They're shipping tomorrow! First batch is sold out. I'm estimating another 3 or so weeks to get another couple dozen ready. Get your order in early! These are really nice and I've improved the design considerably since my first few attempts. Good R&D takes time!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #237
DJAdv
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
They're shipping tomorrow! First batch is sold out. I'm estimating another 3 or so weeks to get another couple dozen ready. Get your order in early! These are really nice and I've improved the design considerably since my first few attempts. Good R&D takes time!
Excellent, thanks mate! Looking forward to receiving mine.
DJAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #238
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAdv View Post
Excellent, thanks mate! Looking forward to receiving mine.
Your's is shipping today. Got most of the US shipments yesterday, saved the internationals for today.

You all should have an email in your inbox by later today. If you don't get one, let me know..

Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #239
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
Hey Sporting,

do you have any kits in stock for a 2006 950 SM?

I have a Factory Pro jet kit I have been tinkering with. I run Wings exhausts with inserts and stock filter at the moment (tried a BMC but just couldn't get a good seal on it.) I LOVE the idea of getting rid of the airbox though. Right now I'm running stock airbox and snorkel, stock needles (clip in 3rd position form top), 45 pilots (from 42 stock) and went from 155F/160R (stock mains ) to 158F/165R. I did cure a surging I had when cruising at about 75 in 5th gear (no tach so I'm not sure what RPM's that translates to.) Gained a little more response everywhere also, but after reading this thread, your setup sounds like what I have been looking for (more power across the board, MPG is not my driving factor as i didn't buy this bike for fuel economy!!). I am at sea level, I don't ride much elevation here in the Northeast, so minimal elevation gains on a daily basis.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #240
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideSM View Post
Hey Sporting,

do you have any kits in stock for a 2006 950 SM?

I have a Factory Pro jet kit I have been tinkering with. I run Wings exhausts with inserts and stock filter at the moment (tried a BMC but just couldn't get a good seal on it.) I LOVE the idea of getting rid of the airbox though. Right now I'm running stock airbox and snorkel, stock needles (clip in 3rd position form top), 45 pilots (from 42 stock) and went from 155F/160R (stock mains ) to 158F/165R. I did cure a surging I had when cruising at about 75 in 5th gear (no tach so I'm not sure what RPM's that translates to.) Gained a little more response everywhere also, but after reading this thread, your setup sounds like what I have been looking for (more power across the board, MPG is not my driving factor as i didn't buy this bike for fuel economy!!). I am at sea level, I don't ride much elevation here in the Northeast, so minimal elevation gains on a daily basis.

Thanks
I have plenty of plates but the new 990 kit orders have stripped me clean of filters. I have more coming in next week, so that'd be a quick as I could ship. Could send it out the same day I receive them.

I do however have the domed version of the filter for the SuperEnduros that would fit but its more$ and you'd have to cut down your velocity stacks to fit it. Probably best to wait, sorry.