Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #391
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 854
Great pics YellowPig. Mind if I use a couple in the 2nt post to this thread, the how to install?

Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #392
ADV67
Alsace rider

Oddometer: 77
Hi Sporting,

Just placed my order for my 950 SE and have sent payment.

Hope you have some product in stock and are able to ship, I am eager to test it!

Thanks for developing such a great product!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #393
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,790
Have at it.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #394
Ross Shafer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
After having several time slots hi-jacked by real life, I finally got around to installing the SW7 kit I got myself for Christmas on my 2006 sm.

I put the kit in with the Factory Pro jet kit, but using Chris' jetting recommendations as opposed to the FP recs. I'm still awaiting my first gas refill for an idea of the effect on my mileage, but my first impressions after about 75 miles are YAHOO!

My bike was no slouch to begin with and was running pretty dang good. Now it feels smoother and stronger everywhere.

I was hoping the carb work would also cure the decel popping my bike had....No luck there, but new exhaust gaskets (the graphite ring at the back collector was toast) did the trick.

Chris offers a killer product at a great price and his support and willingness to help is really second to none!! This is the kind of guy I like to spend my money with.

Speaking of which, You Chris, let's see a pic of the glove box you mentioned!

have a great weekend all!
Ross Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #395
BoznBlack
Go Big

Oddometer: 62
Anyone having trouble reading the Iridium spark plugs? Started with 45 pilots, 162/165 mains, FP needles at 3rd position, 4mm floats, 1 turn out on flex jets. Decided to move to 42 pilots, 172/175 mains, 2 turns out on flex jets with no other changes. Plugs look identical. Wondering if the Iridium tipped plugs are not good for checking jetting changes.
BoznBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #396
iluha_adv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Chris, thanks for your product and support!
Installed the kit for Adventure 950' 06. My Jetting is quite the same as Chris offers here, but I'm using 42 pilot, 45 is too rich for my bike.
With 45 idle jet, Bike was always stalling,I had to keep high idle revs (1800), and revs was going down slow on throttle closed.
Luckily I installed Flexjets and discovered the best engine work was when idle mixture screws are fully tuned in. Then I stepped down to 42 idle jets, and now idle is great.
I'm sorry I discovered it only in winter and can't make a good test of a bike now, cause on ice and snow I really afraid to apply throttle hard.

Waiting for your glove box solution, Chris.
iluha_adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #397
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,612
Mid range bog?

2007 SE
Have not pulled plug to have a look yet. Finally got to shake down the SW filter kit.

Running 45 pilot, 170/172 mains with FP needle in #3 spot. Great throttle response off idle, seems fine up top once you get past the bog...maybe a little soft.

Anybody else run into this?
If so, what did you do to resolve.

Cheers Ken

Update: Pulled the rear plug and see is definitely running lean.

hooliken screwed with this post 02-04-2014 at 10:11 AM
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #398
ManuC
950 SM

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Mid range bog?

2007 SE
Have not pulled plug to have a look yet. Finally got to shake down the SW filter kit.

Running 45 pilot, 170/172 mains with FP needle in #3 spot. Great throttle response off idle, seems fine up top once you get past the bog...maybe a little soft.

Anybody else run into this?
If so, what did you do to resolve.

Cheers Ken

Update: Pulled the rear plug and see is definitely running lean.
Needle in 4 and 168/170
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #399
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuC View Post
Needle in 4 and 168/170

But confirm you have stock air jets first. Too large will create a lean spot at needle transition.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #400
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Shafer View Post
After having several time slots hi-jacked by real life, I finally got around to installing the SW7 kit I got myself for Christmas on my 2006 sm.

I put the kit in with the Factory Pro jet kit, but using Chris' jetting recommendations as opposed to the FP recs. I'm still awaiting my first gas refill for an idea of the effect on my mileage, but my first impressions after about 75 miles are YAHOO!

My bike was no slouch to begin with and was running pretty dang good. Now it feels smoother and stronger everywhere.

I was hoping the carb work would also cure the decel popping my bike had....No luck there, but new exhaust gaskets (the graphite ring at the back collector was toast) did the trick.

Chris offers a killer product at a great price and his support and willingness to help is really second to none!! This is the kind of guy I like to spend my money with.

Speaking of which, You Chris, let's see a pic of the glove box you mentioned!

have a great weekend all!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoznBlack View Post
Anyone having trouble reading the Iridium spark plugs? Started with 45 pilots, 162/165 mains, FP needles at 3rd position, 4mm floats, 1 turn out on flex jets. Decided to move to 42 pilots, 172/175 mains, 2 turns out on flex jets with no other changes. Plugs look identical. Wondering if the Iridium tipped plugs are not good for checking jetting changes.
I use an O2 sensor to tune with...haven't pulled a plug in a long time. I wouldn't imagine it wold make much of a difference however. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluha_adv View Post
Chris, thanks for your product and support!
Installed the kit for Adventure 950' 06. My Jetting is quite the same as Chris offers here, but I'm using 42 pilot, 45 is too rich for my bike.
With 45 idle jet, Bike was always stalling,I had to keep high idle revs (1800), and revs was going down slow on throttle closed.
Luckily I installed Flexjets and discovered the best engine work was when idle mixture screws are fully tuned in. Then I stepped down to 42 idle jets, and now idle is great.
I'm sorry I discovered it only in winter and can't make a good test of a bike now, cause on ice and snow I really afraid to apply throttle hard.

Waiting for your glove box solution, Chris.
Coming this spring. I have wondered how you fared with your tuning. I'm glad you have it sorted. Should be fun this Summer when it thaws out up there in Russia. Cheers
Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #401
dratom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
The weather has taken a dive, lots of rain, will have to wait for a couple of days unfortunately, for WOT AFR readings.

I hope you're building an ark if it's still raining. If it's not raining would love an update on your jetting/AFR numbers.
I have a filter and an AF meter awaiting fitment...
dratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #402
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
But confirm you have stock air jets first. Too large will create a lean spot at needle transition.
You were 100% correct. Years ago when installing an H2W kit I switched the air jet from a 50 to a 70. Have the carbs out now and am going to go up a couple of sizes on the mains when the kit I ordered from you gets here. Both plugs show severely lean running.

Cheers Ken
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #403
tarantulahawk
slipperyhellionon2wheels

Oddometer: 31
What setup do you use? I had no idea you could get O2 sensors for tuning aside from taking your bike to a dyno....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #404
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantulahawk View Post
What setup do you use? I had no idea you could get O2 sensors for tuning aside from taking your bike to a dyno....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I use an old Innovate LM-1. I have the sensor attached to a tube with 3' of soft 3/8" soft copper that I shove down into the pipes to get a good reading in front of the balance pipe. They have improved it since I bought mine a long time ago. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

Some guys have permanently mounted bungs to their pipes and have installed readouts on their dash! These things have come way down in price and have gotten small enough to do that. Search "wideband O2" and you will get a bazillion hits for these.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #405
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
You were 100% correct. Years ago when installing an H2W kit I switched the air jet from a 50 to a 70. Have the carbs out now and am going to go up a couple of sizes on the mains when the kit I ordered from you gets here. Both plugs show severely lean running.

Cheers Ken

Great!