Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #406
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Great!
Got her buttoned back up and got out and ran her hard. WOW! Third gear power wheelies are just a matter of pinning it....good times. The mid-range wonky is gone.

Went with
168/170
Needle clip in third position.
45 pilots
and two turns out on fuel screw.

Here is the rear plug after about a 30 minute run through all gears and throttle positions. Lugged it, pinned it, spun it, wheelied it....etc. (Which I love the fact that pulling the rear plug is simply a matter of pulling the seat off now...)

Throttle response is feeling about right with the exception of a very slight hesitation transitioning from 1/4 throttle.

Should I go up another step on my mains?
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #407
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 856
Does it lug, sort of lazily until it catches or does it seem to surge then go? Could be a touch lean or a touch rich at that 1/4 throttle opening. Wouldn't swap mains myself unless there was an issue at wfo.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #408
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Does it lug, sort of lazily until it catches or does it seem to surge then go? Could be a touch lean or a touch rich at that 1/4 throttle opening. Wouldn't swap mains myself unless there was an issue at wfo.
After pulling both plugs it looked like she was still just a touch rich. Stepped down to 165/168 and will see how it does. So much easier swapping main jets now. This set up easily cuts the time required in half.

With stock air box I was actually running a 150/152 so this is still quite a bit richer.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #409
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantulahawk View Post
What setup do you use? I had no idea you could get O2 sensors for tuning aside from taking your bike to a dyno....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I have an AEM wideband. Seems to be working very well.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 AM   #410
corsa996
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Aussie Order Placed

G'day, Chris.
Just placed and paid for my order.

No more Airbox!!!!! Whaahoo!!!
corsa996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #411
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Got her buttoned back up and got out and ran her hard. WOW! Third gear power wheelies are just a matter of pinning it....good times. The mid-range wonky is gone.

Went with
168/170
Needle clip in third position.
45 pilots
and two turns out on fuel screw.

Here is the rear plug after about a 30 minute run through all gears and throttle positions. Lugged it, pinned it, spun it, wheelied it....etc. (Which I love the fact that pulling the rear plug is simply a matter of pulling the seat off now...)

Throttle response is feeling about right with the exception of a very slight hesitation transitioning from 1/4 throttle.

Should I go up another step on my mains?
Try the 42 pilots/ Did you change the air jet back to stock? Seems like 45 and two turns would be kinda rich on bottom.

Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:17 AM   #412
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Try the 42 pilots/ Did you change the air jet back to stock? Seems like 45 and two turns would be kinda rich on bottom.
I did not switch back to the 42's. It seems to start and idle nicely on choke and off. But with this set up I may end up going back to the 42's. But need to get some more seat time. Had the issue with the Uni pre-filter and H2W kit that it would quit either right off idle or when blipping for down shifts. Ran the idle just a touch high and it cured that issue.

Yes, I went back to the 50AJ from the 70 I had installed.

Weather has been and will be complete shite all weekend......... Want to get some clear roads to do some proper shake down runs.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #413
ADV67
Alsace rider

Oddometer: 80
Just received my SW7 kit today, together with the factory pro jets and Chris personal velocity stacks (they were out of stock @ ktm). Thanks for the great service ,Chris!

Question: can one use TwinAir filter oil on the ITG filter without harm, like on the KTM foam filters? And use TwinAir cleaner?

ADV67 screwed with this post 02-18-2014 at 02:04 PM
ADV67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #414
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
Just received my SW7 kit today, together with the factory pro jets and Chris personal velocity stacks (they were out of stock @ ktm). Thanks for the great service ,Chris!

Question: can one use TwinAir filter oil on the ITG filter without harm, like on the KTM foam filters? And use TwinAir cleaner?
You're gonna love it mate. The grin factor of the 3rd gear throttle up wheelies is intoxicating.

And yes, Twin air oil and cleaner is fine.

I made the mistake of using No Toil cleaner and oil on my old Uni pre-filter. It started coming apart. But of course, it was also 6 years old..
Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #415
gearheadE30
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
Well, the weather in the midwest finally cleared up enough to go for a ride and test out the new setup. After playing around with the carbs a bit, I've settled on 4 mm float height, 42 pilots which seemed to smooth out small throttle applications, FP needles in the 3rd position, and 175/178 mains, which may prove to be a little rich. Pilot screws are 2 turns out. Leo Vince exhaust, with arresters. It seems to do pretty well, though I think it is right on the edge of being too lean down low. Midrange seems good with no noticeable surging, though I'll have to put some more miles down to say for sure. The power, and the sound, are amazing, and roll on 3rd gear wheelies are just nuts. I wasn't expecting that kind of a difference at all. One more satisfied customer here.
1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon sleeper tow car
3 Months Exploring the US on a 950
gearheadE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #416
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadE30 View Post
Well, the weather in the midwest finally cleared up enough to go for a ride and test out the new setup. After playing around with the carbs a bit, I've settled on 4 mm float height, 42 pilots which seemed to smooth out small throttle applications, FP needles in the 3rd position, and 175/178 mains, which may prove to be a little rich. Pilot screws are 2 turns out. Leo Vince exhaust, with arresters. It seems to do pretty well, though I think it is right on the edge of being too lean down low. Midrange seems good with no noticeable surging, though I'll have to put some more miles down to say for sure. The power, and the sound, are amazing, and roll on 3rd gear wheelies are just nuts. I wasn't expecting that kind of a difference at all. One more satisfied customer here.
I might would richen the floats a half mm and lighten up on the mains if I was going to change anything. Good job! Just goes to show just how variable the jetting can be with the LC8's.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #417
ABuck99

Oddometer: 465
Quote:

Hey Albert- I'm about to do the same upgrade to my 950- Chris puts out a fine product. You made the right choice. Post up some pictures of you wheelieing by the Gendarmarie Nationale with Adv salute
Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #418
ADV67
Alsace rider

Thanks Andrew, it's a great product! Have kicked the original PITA airbox out (oh yes that feels good!) and now I am still figuring out how to set up my carb jetting.

And next time I drive by the Gendarmerie I will salute them!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #419
ADV67
Alsace rider

Hello Chris and all,

An inmate on our french ADV forum is running a 2 in 1 aftermarket exhaust on his 950 SE as he installed an aux fuel tank.
He is wondering if he can run the SW7 filter kit with his 2 in 1 system and what kind of carb jetting setup he would need as the throttle response is quite different. Does anyone run a SW7 filter with a 2 in 1 exhaust on a 950?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #420
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Hello Chris and all,

An inmate on our french ADV forum is running a 2 in 1 aftermarket exhaust on his 950 SE as he installed an aux fuel tank.
He is wondering if he can run the SW7 filter kit with his 2 in 1 system and what kind of carb jetting setup he would need as the throttle response is quite different. Does anyone run a SW7 filter with a 2 in 1 exhaust on a 950?
I am running a 2-1 with a Remus Revolution. The SW7 kit completely brought out this set ups true potential. More torque everywhere. Your friend will not be disappointed. I highly recommend the full Factory Pro jet kit.

Cheers Ken