Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #76
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocadofarmer View Post
Got mine today, looks great! Thanks for setting this all up Sporting Wood!

Hopefully nothing bad will happen with my stock exhausts...we'll see.
Could be it works but man, that sounds like trouble to me. I'll be curious to learn how it does... Keep an eye on the mufflers. My best guess is that they will burn like a booster rocket.

Theres been a few guys I know who've de-catted the stock pipes. There's also been a few guys on adv who totally gutted the stock pipes and made them into performance pipes...
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #77
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by blublapp View Post
About the mileage I'm pretty happy.

Got 6.3l/100km, this is about 37,4mpg...

Was a 280km ride with highway, towns and and lots of speed

About the third clip: Think this will lower my mileage... I thougt about 0.5 more on the screws, I have a longer choke time now.

And next time I'm at the carbs I'll put my powerblades in
37.4mpg is not so bad!

You are right about the AFR. I wasn't reading the graph correctly. I'd agree that turning in the screws and maybe even dropping to the next size smaller main may be a good idea.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #78
blublapp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Could be it works but man, that sounds like trouble to me. I'll be curious to learn how it does... Keep an eye on the mufflers. My best guess is that they will burn like a booster rocket.

Theres been a few guys I know who've de-catted the stock pipes. There's also been a few guys on adv who totally gutted the stock pipes and made them into performance pipes...
Yeah I've got a pair of them at home, but it's not worth it to put out the cat...
They still got that hot
blublapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #79
Tangai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
How is the intake noise?
Tangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #80
TcRulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangai View Post
How is the intake noise?
Addictive Not excessively loud, just sort of barks. Gives me wood everytime
TcRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #81
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,815
Could you share your jetting setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcRulz View Post
Addictive Not excessively loud, just sort of barks. Gives me wood everytime
You milliage is outstanding. Can you share your whole jetting setup? How about exhausts?
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #82
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Suggestions Welcome:

I have the following now:

Smog stuff removed
FMF cans
airbox snorkel removed, side doors on, stock filter

Part Factory Pro kit and Part H2W kit for my jetting

Main Jets 168R / 165F
Pilot Jet #45
Needles Factory Pro Ti needle 3 position from top
IMS screws 2 turns
Air Jet #70 as supplied by H2W to replace stock #50

I am thinking about following with the new air system:

Main Jets 170R / 168F

And leave all else as is, i have new IMS remote adjusters so i can tune those without tank removal. I could care less about fuel mileage, as long as she gets at least 30 MPG. Riding is SM sport style riding no ADV or tooling around and seeing the sites.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #83
J10on4ds
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Well, you all at ADV have helped to convince me once again to part with hard earned money, for a superior product. I just placed an order. Thanks SW
Jessica Johnson is paypal
Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #84
TcRulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
You milliage is outstanding. Can you share your whole jetting setup? How about exhausts?
Cheers.
Hi Gefr, This is my set-up. It is the exactly the same jetting that I ran with a uni-filter precleaner and air box. The only difference being main jets. I'm in Australia (so fuel could be better), at 650 metres and run a single wings muffler with the insert fitted. My bike starts instantly, does not surge, does not smell of fuel, has clean plugs and exhaust and hammers to the rev limiter.

Here's a picture which I think will make it easier to understand. http://www.ktm950.info/how/Orange%20...e/jetting.html

Now this is what I did. Jet size 80 goes from position 2 to 3. Replace the 80 with a 100 in position 2. Standard main air leak jet in position 1 stays. Replace the low-speed jet in position 4 with a 45 (from 42). Position 5 now has main jet 180 in the front carby and 182 in the rear. I should be running leaner than this with my altitude but this gives me a happy 42mpg (we have 4.5 litres to the gallon). Position 6 the starter jet stays at 68. My IMS in position 7 is now changed using the flexjets (2 turns out). Float level is set at 3mm.

The slide operates quicker if you drill the two holes that are either side of the needle out to 3mm. I also moved my clip to 3 position from the top (2nd is standard - standard needles). But this is a change you can do easy with the carbs installed. Also my hoses are vented separately measuring 275mm for the front and 250mm for the rear. Position the hose clamps that hold the carbs so they can be undone from the right side (only right side tank needs to be removed to gain access to carbs)

All my jets came from RockymountainATV (dirt cheap) and if they didn't have it these guys are exceptional. http://www.showandgo.com.au/.

I jetted this way due to the recommendations of a legend in OZ (K2m) that road with a wideband testing the best jets to get the right air to fuel ratio's.

Disclaimer: Use at own risk but my only downfall is decel cackle and popping. Sound's very 'old school' (read ducati) and I don't mind it. At the end of the day the jets you need are as 'cheap as chips' and now everything is easy to get to, it's worth experimenting.
TcRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #85
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by J10on4ds View Post
Well, you all at ADV have helped to convince me once again to part with hard earned money, for a superior product. I just placed an order. Thanks SW
Jessica Johnson is paypal
Hello and thanks! Will ship out today.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #86
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Hi Gefr, This is my set-up. It is the exactly the same jetting that I ran with a uni-filter precleaner and air box. The only difference being main jets. I'm in Australia (so fuel could be better), at 650 metres and run a single wings muffler with the insert fitted. My bike starts instantly, does not surge, does not smell of fuel, has clean plugs and exhaust and hammers to the rev limiter.

Here's a picture which I think will make it easier to understand. http://www.ktm950.info/how/Orange%20...e/jetting.html

Now this is what I did. Jet size 80 goes from position 2 to 3. Replace the 80 with a 100 in position 2. Standard main air leak jet in position 1 stays. Replace the low-speed jet in position 4 with a 45 (from 42). Position 5 now has main jet 180 in the front carby and 182 in the rear. I should be running leaner than this with my altitude but this gives me a happy 42mpg (we have 4.5 litres to the gallon). Position 6 the starter jet stays at 68. My IMS in position 7 is now changed using the flexjets (2 turns out). Float level is set at 3mm.

The slide operates quicker if you drill the two holes that are either side of the needle out to 3mm. I also moved my clip to 3 position from the top (2nd is standard - standard needles). But this is a change you can do easy with the carbs installed. Also my hoses are vented separately measuring 275mm for the front and 250mm for the rear. Position the hose clamps that hold the carbs so they can be undone from the right side (only right side tank needs to be removed to gain access to carbs)

All my jets came from RockymountainATV (dirt cheap) and if they didn't have it these guys are exceptional. http://www.showandgo.com.au/.

I jetted this way due to the recommendations of a legend in OZ (K2m) that road with a wideband testing the best jets to get the right air to fuel ratio's.

Disclaimer: Use at own risk but my only downfall is decel cackle and popping. Sound's very 'old school' (read ducati) and I don't mind it. At the end of the day the jets you need are as 'cheap as chips' and now everything is easy to get to, it's worth experimenting.
Pretty wild stuff! K2M has done more than anyone to figure out these carbs...

Ever dyno'd this or checked it out with the AFR meter?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #87
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 843
filter oil? No-Toil yes or no...

here's a question- I just got my "sausage" filter for the SE (thanks!). On my 450 filters, I have always started with a new filter and used No-Toil filter oil and cleaner (oxyclean BTW). Somewhere I was thinking I read to NOT use No-Toil on the ITG filter, but in the info that came with the filter, it listed No-Toil as OK for use with the filter...

anyone care to comment before I bugger up my filter. :)
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #88
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
here's a question- I just got my "sausage" filter for the SE (thanks!). On my 450 filters, I have always started with a new filter and used No-Toil filter oil and cleaner (oxyclean BTW). Somewhere I was thinking I read to NOT use No-Toil on the ITG filter, but in the info that came with the filter, it listed No-Toil as OK for use with the filter...

anyone care to comment before I bugger up my filter. :)
The oil is good. According to the importer, they've had problems with filters ruined by the cleaner. Soap and water is the preferred cleaner.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #89
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
The oil is good. According to the importer, they've had problems with filters ruined by the cleaner. Soap and water is the preferred cleaner.

Alright, then i am good to use no-toil to oil. The no-toil cleaner we use is a powder soap and you add water, so you got me a little confused there on not using that. That is what we use on all of our foam dirt bike filters as it is as about mild as you can get.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #90
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,815
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Hi Gefr, This is my set-up. It is the exactly the same jetting that I ran with a uni-filter precleaner and air box. The only difference being main jets.
...it's worth experimenting.
Great stuff.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote