ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Which bike would YOU rather rent??
Honda NC700X 8 57.14%
Kawasaki Versys 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
hiADV OP
Island Explorer

Oddometer: 123
Hawaii Motorcycle Rentals

Aloha all! We are thinking about adding another more road oriented model to our rental options and I'm curious about what the majority of riders would rather rent... a Honda NC700X or Kawasaki Versys? Thanks for your feedback!
hiADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
hiADV OP
Island Explorer

No opinions out there? I'm leaning towards the NC700X just due to it's uniqueness, storage capacity and ease of riding but the Versys is appealing in that it is certainly more of a true motorcycle rather than a big scooter hybrid. Tough call...
Old 03-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,801
I would go with the Versys, I had one for the wife. It was a great idiot proof bike that rides like a dream. It rode almost as nice as my GS1200. There are panniers sets for it in all price ranges and if you put dualsport tires on it it is good for light duty off roading. The Versys is probably cheaper too, both to buy and mantain.

My two cents!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Thumb I like the NC700X!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiADV View Post
Aloha all! We are thinking about adding another more road oriented model to our rental options and I'm curious about what the majority of riders would rather rent... a Honda NC700X or Kawasaki Versys? Thanks for your feedback!
Hey I had the honor of riding my buddy's brand new NC700 to his home in Waikoloa from Kiser in Kona for him, and can say that it is an enjoyable bike to ride. His is the auto version, and while I did reach for the clutch lever numerous times I got used to, and liked the auto. It did a good job of keeping the bike in it's power range and responded well whether cruising or giving it the beans. Since it was new, and not mine, I didn't get to thrash test it or anything, but going through the corners on the way up Waikoloa road it felt very responsive and planted. It feels lighter than it is, and I think it would be a great bike for your fleet since it was super easy to ride, and comfy for any size rider. It's also a Honda, so you know maintenance will be next to nill. I haven't ridden a Versys yet, but they look nice too, and I am intrigued by them, but figured any input would be helpful for your decision!

Fantastic business by the way...I had been trying to figure out how to do the same thing here, but you beat me to it!
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
hiADV OP
Island Explorer

Thanks for the feedback guys! I did go test ride the NC at Kisers and I agree that it's a real joy to ride. Feels very planted with a low center of gravity.. very maneuverable. I think we'll go with the Honda for practicality, reliability and hey, it's a cool unique bike that I'm sure people would enjoy riding.

speedmonkey.. Do you have a bike? I'm always looking for local people to ride with!

my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Talking

Cool, glad you were able to make your mind up on the bikes. You've got a great fleet going, I like the addition of the DRZ400. A really great bike for this island. With the Strom and the NCX you'll have the a good start on the street market too!

Yeah! I'm always looking for people to ride with too. I recently got a 950ADV that I've been working on getting dirty.. Where do you like to ride? I'm up for pretty much anything, although Hilo side snotty mud, rocks and roots may be a little ambitious for my new beast, lol. Here's a pic from my last ride!

Looking at Mauna Kea from near the top of Mauna Loa
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
hiADV OP
Island Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey7 View Post
Cool, glad you were able to make your mind up on the bikes. You've got a great fleet going, I like the addition of the DRZ400. A really great bike for this island. With the Strom and the NCX you'll have the a good start on the street market too!

Yeah! I'm always looking for people to ride with too. I recently got a 950ADV that I've been working on getting dirty.. Where do you like to ride? I'm up for pretty much anything, although Hilo side snotty mud, rocks and roots may be a little ambitious for my new beast, lol. Here's a pic from my last ride!

Looking at Mauna Kea from near the top of Mauna Loa
Ya, the DRZ is a great bike and it's lately been my personal go-to when it's not rented. We have quite a few customers that don't really care about riding off road but they don't want a cruiser or a scooter so we're just trying to add more variety that's a little more road oriented but trying not to stray too far from the dual sport and adventure bike models. I think the Strom and NC will fit the bill nicely.

Wow, the 950ADV! Very cool bike. I'm surprised I haven't seen you out and about. I'm pretty much with you... I'm down for anything but my current bikes will keep me out of the super tight, technical single track... just a bit too big. Call me and we'll set something up asap, maybe Mana Rd. sometime this week?

Any other locals reading this feel free to chime in if you're up for a ride in the next few days, maybe you can join us. Jason 808-445-6722