Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #61
White Fang
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Sign me up! I expect to be riding with Fishnbiker & co. See you in September.
White Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #62
gbowes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Would this be White Fang from Cobble Hill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
Sign me up! I expect to be riding with Fishnbiker & co. See you in September.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #63
RealtorGordonB
Plated Dirt Bike :)

Oddometer: 183
Subscribed - I'm new to Kamloops and ride a Ktm 525 in the hills. I find it to be a blast here- tons of trails that I have explored would be good for advanced big bike riders- some need a trials bike. Maybe I could offer some ideas with the help of a buddy who rides with GPS - I don't ride with GPS.

2006 KLR 650 Sold
- Not missed :)

RealtorGordonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #64
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorGordonB View Post
Subscribed - I'm new to Kamloops and ride a Ktm 525 in the hills. I find it to be a blast here- tons of trails that I have explored would be good for advanced big bike riders- some need a trials bike. Maybe I could offer some ideas with the help of a buddy who rides with GPS - I don't ride with GPS.
Those are some awesome pics. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike
teamgrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #65
mxcollector
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:

nice pics Gord .....that got to be Bkoz on that first one ?

.....you make want to load the bike and ride your new heck off the woods .....do you think ,i can climb that hill backward ?? lol!

....i did a fair bit of riding in that area but was allways loaded with 50+lbs of stuff on my old 640 paint shaker .....but couldn't resist dreaming of being on my rfs 540 or the 2 smoke 300 .....

nice avatar btw ...
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #66
RealtorGordonB

You bet that is Bkoz- first and last picture

you better come out MX- how about september :)
2006 KLR 650 Sold

Old 06-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #67
mxcollector
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
You bet that is Bkoz- first and last picture

you better come out MX- how about september :)
doesn't look that i can go for this event ,as i'll be in a ride in Gaspe PQ for a week of riding then a week of holiday with the wife ....but we can try for the end of sept if riding still good in kamloop ?

mxcollector screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 10:34 AM
mxcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #68
bkoz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcollector View Post
nice pics Gord .....that got to be Bkoz on that first one ?

.....you make want to load the bike and ride your new heck off the woods .....do you think ,i can climb that hill backward ?? lol!

....i did a fair bit of riding in that area but was allways loaded with 50+lbs of stuff on my old 640 paint shaker .....but couldn't resist dreaming of being on my rfs 540 or the 2 smoke 300 .....

nice avatar btw ...
Hey, I resemble those pics, lol. Those pics don't even scratch the surface of what's out here. These are just from a quick last second afternoon blast essentially in the city limits!
bkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #69
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:

Looks like some great "small bike" trails. Maybe a "BC Big Adventure Ride II Advanced". Small bikes and big bikes with riders who can ride them like small bikes.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #70
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossandfly View Post
Looks like some great "small bike" trails. Maybe a "BC Big Adventure Ride II Advanced". Small bikes and big bikes with riders who can ride them like small bikes.
If you want that, you can try the Loose Screw dual sport ride, which is held in Kamloops in August.

This ride is meant for the boys on the big toys like the GSAs, Stroms, Explorers, Teneres, Varaderos, Tigers and the like. By no means am I going to turn away any rider on any machine, but just have an idea of what this ride entails.

So far the first day is looking like a warm-up ride from Kamloops to Chase, then to Vavenby and back to Kamloops. Day two may be a bit of a navigational challenge.

Mike
Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #71
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgrizzly View Post
If you want that, you can try the Loose Screw dual sport ride, which is held in Kamloops in August.

This ride is meant for the boys on the big toys like the GSAs, Stroms, Explorers, Teneres, Varaderos, Tigers and the like. By no means am I going to turn away any rider on any machine, but just have an idea of what this ride entails.

So far the first day is looking like a warm-up ride from Kamloops to Chase, then to Vavenby and back to Kamloops. Day two may be a bit of a navigational challenge.

Mike
It would be fun to take the xr650l out on the hills around Kamloops, but I think the guys would get me in over my head pretty quickly. May have to google it.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #72
RealtorGordonB

TeamGrizzly- I see you made the comment on Route going from Kamloops to Chase- If you go out Westsyde road north, you can take the "FREE" Mclure Ferry(check schedule) over the North Thompson and continue North on Highway 5 towards Barriere BC and just before Barriere take "Agate Bay Road" East(paved winding valley road). At Adams lake, Take Adams Forest Service Road(gorgeous scenic gravel road above the lake(I took my SUV pulling 23' boat)). That brings you through on an amazing route- which turns into "Holding Road" and then you take Loakin-Bear Creek Road south and after the switchbacks down , then North on Kamloops-Shuswap road .

BC Big Adventure in September - The Loose Screw is August 9-11th
http://loosescrew.dualsportbc.com/pdf/Bulletin.pdf

'A' route is a difficult roll chart route. This is you and your smaller dirtbike against our trails.
'B' route is a roll chart route suitable for 650cc bikes. Check ride details for minimum gas distance.
'C' route is a roll chart route. Suitable for all riders. Gas and lunch will be available along the route.
2006 KLR 650 Sold

Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #73
bush-pig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Bcbar-ii

Please add me to the list.

Lars I see you are on the list too. Looking forward to riding with ya again.
‘Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive well preserved body; rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly worn out, covered in scars and screaming “yahoo! What a ride!”

KTM990 Adv R, KTM RC8R, HUSABERG TE300
bush-pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #74
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Thanks for the tip, Gord. So far the route looks like Kamloops to Chase via the Shuswap Rd and then north to Vavenby, by way of the Adams Lake Rd. I originally did pavement from Vavenby to Kamloops, but I might add in some dirt roads instead. I rode the Agate Bay Rd. on BC Big Trallie Ride 6 and I would like to avoid stuff that's been done before. But the ferry might be a neat idea.

After this weekend I have fleshed out most of the route. I am working on the video right now.

Also for those of you who can't make it, or just can't wait. I would like to announce the BC Big Recon Ride. The idea is to start from the Knutsford Campground on the BC Day Long Weekend (Aug 3rd to 5th) and do the entire route over the three days. This is mainly to write out the routebook and get a clean GPS track. Just simply show up at Knutsford campsite at 8:00am and away we go.

The route looks (roughly) like this:

Day 1 - Kamloops to Chase via Shuswap Rd
- Chase to Clearwater via Adams Lake FSR
- Clearwater to Kamloops via TBA

Day 2 - Kamloops to Savona via Lake, Copper and Sabastion Rds.
- Savona to Ashcroft via Indan Gardens FSR
- Ashcroft to Logan Lake via Woods Creek & 4400 Rds.
- Logan Lake to Kamloops via 5A, Lac le Jeune and Long Lake Rds.

The longest section between fuel looks like the Kamloops to Savona at 150km

Mike
Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #75
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Here's the video from the second recon. This is going to be Day Two's route. Also I can get the group rate at the Knutsford Campsite 10km south of Kamloops, but I can't seem to do the same for the hotels. But I would recommend the ones on Rodgers Pl. (near Trans Canada and Hwy 5A) just to keep everyone together. This ranges from a Days Inn, Quality Inn, Pacific Inn, Comfort Inn, and a Four Points Sheraton if you want to feel luxurious.

Mike

teamgrizzly screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 06:40 AM