Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #76
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer: 383
Here's the video from the second recon. This is going to be Day Two's route. Also I can get the group rate at the Knutsford Campsite 10km south of Kamloops, but I can't seem to do the same for the hotels. But I would recommend the ones on Rodgers Pl. (near Trans Canada and Hwy 5A) just to keep everyone together. This ranges from a Days Inn, Quality Inn, Pacific Inn, Comfort Inn, and a Four Points Sheraton if you want to feel luxurious.

Mike

teamgrizzly screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 05:40 AM
teamgrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #77
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Mike;
What a spectacular video!!

Editing must be your day job as you do it so well!

If I might be sold bold to suggest.........when you are doing shots of the bike coming toward the camera......try to be in a full lock slide with your left hand waiving at the camera!

Nicely done!!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #78
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Mike;
If I might be sold bold to suggest.........when you are doing shots of the bike coming toward the camera......try to be in a full lock slide with your left hand waiving at the camera!

Nicely done!!
On an old and tired Strom with street tires? Can I borrow one of your KTM's instead?

Mike

BTW: Thanks, my day job is an electrician, it's really iMovie that makes me look good.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #79
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,247
i did a 3 day ride loop a couple yrs back out of kamloops, I'll see if I can find in my memory the route if a section may help. no gps map although I was using it for coordinates which helped a lot in the area . I do remember coming back to kamloops ( not the time you saw me with a flat, this was an XR650r trip) via deadman river, the hoodoo's in that valley are cool. it was BBF, big bike friendly I do remember a rough downhill but that can change. sounds like a great trip you have planned.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #80
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

hey for another years ride a cool camp spot would be port douglas at top of harrison, BBF, tons of BC history there, ghost camp/town, BC's first court house, hangin' judge, Andre the caretaker is a cool guy, no phone, no mail, no inet, there is camp space and I'd bet he would be happy to host ( with some $ or provisions) . I have his email if anyone wants to contact him , he collects in pemberton so it wont be a fast reply.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #81
RealtorGordonB
Plated Dirt Bike :)

Oddometer: 183
I took a Sunday family drive in SUV this last sunday- head out Tranquille towards Kamloops airport, up the gravel road to Red Lake(didn't get distracted to turn off the main road)- at least 40kms of gravel. When we got to Red Lake I saw a sign for Savona(no mileage) and then about another 40km of fun for bike gravel to Highway1 south to Savona - that route takes you over a few ranges, out and around up high on the north end of Kamloops lake(nice views) and then south down hill to the lake by paved Highway .

Highly Recommended "FOOD" Perfect Diner and Dives Place
I would say it could easily be in the Top 4 of Kamloops restaurants I've tried and factoring in the price- It's the best restaurant I can think of.

Roadhouse Cafe
1171 Trans-Canada Hwy, Savona
Had "Poor Service" from the teenage girls, but amazing $16 on menu steak dinner

Steak had mushrooms and onions on it, baked potato came with sour cream, fresh chopped green onion and real fresh bacon bits on the side(awesome), very good veggies, dessert and a great little starter salad. Dated Decor is perfect for dusty bikers.

Hopefully you can fit a meal in there
2006 KLR 650 Sold
- Not missed :)

RealtorGordonB screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 11:43 PM
RealtorGordonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #82
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

The Roadhouse serves a good breakfast too. I would recommend it as a breakfast stop for riders if they can handle putting in 2-3 hrs (about 150km) before breakfast.

Gord, how was Tranquille Rd? That was my original route before I decided to go over Batchleor Heights.

The hoodoos you speak of Chile are probably the ones on the Deadman-Vidette Rd. which is close to the route this year. Did Deadman on last year's ride.

Mike
Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #83
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

10-4 on hoodoo locale, deadman nice ride
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #84
RockyDS
Wizened adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Nice video Mike. This is looking good.

A word of advice - RealtorGordonB is an experienced rider but his playground is gnarly off-road single track and a small bike.

Just my opinion of course.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #85
naotweed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Camping

Hi,

We (betitolara and myself) will be coming, camping and probably bringing a few friends with us. Looks like a good weekend.

Great work!
naotweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #86
OceanMtnSea
Pretty Dogged

Oddometer: 538
....is there anything resembling a draft route map yet?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #87
OurBC
Live to Travel

Oddometer: 350
[QUOTE=teamgrizzly;21814863] But I would recommend the ones on Rodgers Pl. (near Trans Canada and Hwy 5A) just to keep everyone together. This ranges from a Days Inn, Quality Inn, Pacific Inn, Comfort Inn, and a Four Points Sheraton if you want to feel luxurious.

Mike/QUOTE]

The Days Inn looks like it has the best price of this group. The local number for it is 250-314-9889.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #88
Adventure Hammer
Ham Radio VE7JMN

Oddometer: 39
My Back Yard

Wow, My own backyard.
Nice side trip to Fordge Mnt.
from Bose Lake road if persons want.
I and Beamer Queen will attend.

Jim , Let the Adventure Begin
Logan Lake,BC
Adventure Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #89
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,752
Hi Mike, You can add my name to the list with a ?... Not 100% sure if I can skip work for it yet but will give it a go... I'll see if I can tag along with some of the Island riders on their "to the ride ride"...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #90
teamgrizzly OP
Even more advanced n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanMtnSea View Post
....is there anything resembling a draft route map yet?
I'm still working on it, but the crayon marks I did on my map smudged when I put it in my scanner.