Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
Ducs2Dirt OP
Not quite all there

Oddometer: 168
Yeah, I totally agree with that. By now in my neck of the woods, it's "supposed" to be the start of spring right about now, with temperatures in the high 40s or 50's even. Not great tire mounting weather , but still. This past weekend however, when I wanted to get the job done, it was a wonderful 29 degrees.....and snowing. Hell its snowing again right now.

Could I of waited until a better day? Probably. But I'm an idiot. The tires came in friday night and I wanted em on saturday morning. I'm so bad, if i see a part come in, sitting on the doorstep when I get home from work, it goes in the same night no matter how tired I am.

The rubber on the BB's is a VERY hard rubber. I'll give it that. When I spooned on Anakee 3's on the GSA, it was the end of februrary in a freezing cold garage..... and it was totally doable. But the compound is alot softer than compared to the BB's . (Which makes me wonder how long they're gonna last).

While I headed out to lowes to pickup the zipties, I left the BB's next to boiler to warm up. Which definitely helped a little.

Hopefully next tire change is gonna be in the dead of summer when I can leave em out in the sun on a 90 degree day.
Ducs2Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
SkiFly01
Govna Racepipe

Oddometer: 579
Im going to warn you this thing is a total PITA to get off, I ended up cutting it in half after 8,000 miles.
SkiFly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #18
motoOzarks
motoMonstor

Oddometer: 19
Kenda 784

I ordered Kenda Big Block 784 off the net.
Front and rear for my f650gs.
I removed the stock rear tire with my 2 cheapo spoons I've had since the 80's with no issues. I could influence the sidewalls of the tire with my knees and wrists while spooning and worked it off.

Then came the Kenda. I stored it inside for a month or so before I jumped in and man....The sidewalls are so stiff you can stand on em. I ripped far more rubber off than you show in the pics and I hope it's ok. I heard lots of ripping noises when I also applied a tractor spoon some two feet long and I had every clamp and vise grip and I'm wondering...how do I do this on the side of the road?

I still don't know...I took it to a motorcycle tire shop.

I'm going to try the zipties for the front and see how it goes. Easy enough to carry some on the bike.

If it works for the front I'll dismount the rear and put it back on myself before any long trips.

Thanks for posting.
motoOzarks is offline   Reply With Quote