ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #16
eorstail
Rides FAst PuDDles

Oddometer: 112
I-70 commute not so bad...

I live in Evergreen, "cheap seats" in JeffCo, near Elk Meadow Open Space Park, about 7 min from the I-70 offramp. ClearCreekCty Evergreen, as someone suggested, could easily add 15 min+ to your commute if past the lake. Beaver Brook/Soda Creek area is part CCC, part JeffCo and puts U closer to I-70, but not sure of home prices there. There are definitely some decent under 300K homes around here if U look. Kittridge also another close to Evergreen location seems to be "affordable" but add <10 min from my location.

I commuted to/from Lakewood which was very do-able at 25-30 min, unless really bad weather or an accident. Golden commute, ie to JeffCo Courthouse area, only 20 min!

Idaho Springs travel would be similar to travel from ClearCreekCty Evergreen but expect homes cheaper priced than Evergreen. Commute would be all I-70 from IS, couple places along the way that can back up just a little. Worked in homecare and traveled through I-70 corridor from EG to IS and all through to Georgetown, and also Blackhawk, Central City.

Put in perspective, I know what it's like to sit in bumper to bumper in SoCalif, first gear for miles... so my CO commute was easy-peasy. And the scenic views are still awesome 10 years later. I tell myself it's time to move when I fail to notice the beautiful scenery that I drive through.

So the I-70 commute not so bad... UNLESS u r having to travel with ski traffic. For weekends, consider the time of day--IS to Golden (going East) in AM is against ski traffic so it's fine... likewise Golden to IS heading West on a Sunday afternoon/eve ok. But reverse that, and yuck. Getting close to LA weekday traffic.

Good luck with ur search. OK to PM me if need arises.

'07 F650GS, "Shrek" who likes to bathe in mud
'06 CRF 230F

ATGATT If you don't think you need a helmet, you probably don't.
eorstail is offline   Reply With Quote