Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #76
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,517
So you have a swingarm from an R1100GS and USD forks. What's the seat height of your ride? I'd probably need to carry a little stool.

Also, which brake set-up do you prefer? I see you have a few options.
Kokopelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #77
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,682
[QUOTE=SWT-SPORTS;21529746]Hi guys,
yes, it has made me a lot of fun!
The BMW was taken to the limit here!
As you can see my travel is exploited to the very last.
The tank is a little motifizierter PD tank.

So what is a mortifizierter tank and what's the difference between it and a standard GSPD tank ?
Phreaky Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #78
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Phil View Post

So what is a mortifizierter tank and what's the difference between it and a standard GSPD tank ?
:-), it's a slightly misspelt tank. I guess you would have worked out that modifiziert means modified. I can't tell what he's done to it. Would he have had to reshape it to suit the USD forks?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #79
Steve in NZ
scared/cheap

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
:-), it's a slightly misspelt tank. I guess you would have worked out that modifiziert means modified. I can't tell what he's done to it. Would he have had to reshape it to suit the USD forks?
mis-spelt

bloody kiwi spelling police. lucky we got google translate or Koko never would of picked that up.

bike = the purple pig
Steve in NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #80
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 7,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
I can't tell what he's done to it. Would he have had to reshape it to suit the USD forks?

Have a look at the two tanks in post #69. You will note that his tank is wider in front of the knee area and possibly back further, as the knee pad recess has been removed.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #81
lorens_olivie
n00b

Oddometer: 8
One big issue of the 1100 swingarm mod is the rear wheel offset you end up with, needing to offset lace your rear wheel.

If you use the airhead final drive and the 1100 swingarm you end up with less offset? (using the stock airhead rear wheel).

The airhead final drive is a straight bolt-on to the 1100 swingarm?

lorens_olivie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #82
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorens_olivie View Post
One big issue of the 1100 swingarm mod is the rear wheel offset you end up with, needing to offset lace your rear wheel.

If you use the airhead final drive and the 1100 swingarm you end up with less offset? (using the stock airhead rear wheel).

The airhead final drive is a straight bolt-on to the 1100 swingarm?

If you use the airhead final drive you require no offset. its the same as using the airhead swingarm.

the final drive will bolt straight up but the 1100 driveshaft is circliped each end and has a sliding section in the middle. Whereas the airhead driveshaft slides in and out on the final drive spline.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #83
lorens_olivie
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Phil View Post
If you use the airhead final drive you require no offset. its the same as using the airhead swingarm.

the final drive will bolt straight up but the 1100 driveshaft is circliped each end and has a sliding section in the middle. Whereas the airhead driveshaft slides in and out on the final drive spline.
Great piece of information.!

What's the story behind the use of the 1100 axle?

The airhead final rive spline has the same tooth pattern with the 1100 final drive allowing the 1100 axle to mate?? If so the only problem is the groove for the circlip, witch can easily been cut.
lorens_olivie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #84
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorens_olivie View Post
Great piece of information.!

What's the story behind the use of the 1100 axle?

The airhead final drive spline has the same tooth pattern with the 1100 final drive allowing the 1100 axle to mate?? If so the only problem is the groove for the circlip, witch can easily been cut.
Yea, that's basically it. The final drive has to be disassembled to cut the circlip groove, the dimensions of which can be got from the adaptor you need for the gearbox end. Then it's only a dummy run to make sure it will go up and down without binding up.
Note; I haven't actually done this yet, have been accumulating the bits and the "how to"
Old 06-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #85
SWT-SPORTS OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Hi guys,

I'm a bit clamped in my work. Therefore, this late reply.

I just can not say anything about the seat height on both of my bikes.
This is a motorcycle in Finland. The red machine is disassembled competition on the wash basin.
Sure you can take the final drive of the drum brake for the conversion. However, the benefits speak for this version is outdated. The disc brake is much better!
The forks I grow almost always come from KTM and Husaberg models. The brake is converted to 320 mm disc.
The spring travel is quite enough for tours and travels!
The brake is compared to the original BMW state a huge improvement!
The tank was set to 12mm towards the stern. Thus, a smaller turning radius is reached. The Tankpats and the BMW characters were replaced.
Greeting Manuel
SWT-SPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #86
SWT-SPORTS OP
Adventurer

EnduroBoxer Treffen und Training 2013

http://www.ziegler-verlag.de/mce71/boxertreffen

Startseite » Snap-Shot » Enduro- und Boxertreffen 2013
Du fährst Boxer oder eine andere schwere Enduro?
Du wolltest schon immer einmal wissen was in dir und deinem Big-Bike steckt?
Offroad ist kein Fremdwort für dich? Dann darfst du dich spätestens jetzt angesprochen fühlen!
Im August wartet ein absolutes Highlight auf dich und dein Bike - das Enduro Boxer Treffen !
Wann:Anreise am Freitag den 02. August 2013
Veranstaltungstage am Samtsag, 03. August 2013 und am Sonntag, 04.August 2013
Wo: Motocross - Strecke "Schwarze Pfütze"
vom Mainfranken Motorsport Club 1982 e.V. im DMV
Nähe Schweinfurt 97714 Oerlenbach
Strecke liegt zwischen Rottershausen(D) und Ebenhausen(D)
direkt an der B19

Das abwechslungsreiche Areal bietet für jeden Anspruch etwas. Sei es für Anfänger oder Wettbewerbsfahrer. Wie auch vom Twins-Only-Treffen gewohnt, bieten wir bei ausreichender Teilnehmerzahl ein Endursitinnentraining an. Manuel Schad (SWT-Sports) und Marko Barthel (enduropro.de) betreuen die Einsteigergruppen. Für diejenigen, die noch eins drauf legen wollen, steht kein geringerer als Simo Kirssi (www.simo-kirssi.com)als Trainer bereit. Der fliegende Finne zählt zu den Besten auf dem Gebiet der Big-Enduros und gibt sein Wissen an euch weiter! Wir möchten hier den ehemaligen Twins-Only (Schlüchtern) und Battle-Twins (Langensteinbach) Piloten, die Chance geben, sich auf einer gut
geeigneten Strecke mit Gleichgesinnten zu treffen.Herzlich eingeladen sind alle Dickschiffe (Offroadbikes) ab 150kg.

Doch nicht nur Fahrtrainings sind geboten, für die besonders Ehrgeizigen unter uns wird es einen eigens entwickelten Zehnkampf (mit Preisgeld) geben!

Last but not least – möchten wir hier natürlich nicht auf die Frauenwelt verzichten, auch ihr seid recht herzlich eingeladen!

Für das leibliche Wohl ist bestens seitens des MMC Schweinfurt gesorgt und um die Tageserlebnisse standesgemäß zu verarbeiten kann am abendlichen Lagerfeuer bzw. bei der Abendveranstaltung munter geplaudert werden.

Es sind sowohl ausreichende Parkflächen als auch Zeltmöglichkeiten vorhanden.Gruß
Manuel Schad

Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #87
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT-SPORTS View Post
Du fährst Boxer oder eine andere schwere Enduro?
Du wolltest schon immer einmal wissen was in dir und deinem Big-Bike steckt?
Offroad ist kein Fremdwort für dich? Dann darfst du dich spätestens jetzt angesprochen fühlen!
Da waere ich schon gerne dabei, aber die Anreise ist das Problem
Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #88
Ras Thurlo
Desert Lion

Oddometer: 563
SWT pegs

I have the SWT pegs on my bike, which I rigged up in the loboi position with the lower arm outside of the frame bracket.

One distinct advantage is that they now line up with the back vertical of the mainframe, which I find helps to clamp the bike with your legs when standing just like my KTM EXC.

I had always found that the BMW OEM position gave you empty space above the peg which reduced stability when standing ( as you legs are in the void between the gearbox and the back of the frame)

[IMG][/IMG]
Ras Thurlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #89
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 7,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras Thurlo View Post
I have the SWT pegs on my bike, which I rigged up in the loboi position with the lower arm outside of the frame bracket.

I'm going to have to get something like those pegs for my bike, I just can't seem to get my legs stretched out enough and each time we fit lower pegs (we are on the third set) they move further forward. doing this has meant that the gearlever has had to be shortened, making a shorter throw and making it difficult to feel the lever through for a smooth change.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #90
SWT-SPORTS OP
Adventurer

On weekend

http://enduroboxer.blogspot.de/2013/06/brandheie-angelegenheit-in-dieskau.html