Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #31
AR-TRVLR
Bushpusher

Oddometer: 202
IMHO a better route from MN to Glacier would be to drop down a big to go through the black hills, see Custer State Park, and go through the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone on your way up the Rockies.

There's not much to see on the northern route near the border....
AR-TRVLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #32
JoelScootDude OP
High Mileage Scooter

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Besides all of the above you might be well advised to do a bit of research into your newest hero's credibility, his stories are concocted of 100% pure bullshit including the weepy tale about his epic ride around the country.

LL75
And i would like to know, how do you know my stories are fake? what proof do you have? please dont ruin this thread, is for others enjoyment, and its about the trip, not another forum and so on, if people are talking about MV take it them, not here.

And to answer a few Q, i have passport so canada is OK.

I've been tryign to use photobucket to upload photos but their mobile version sucks i'm gona have to try panorimo or somethign similar. i have a tablet so the browser doesnt allow me to simply rightclick and steal the img source, so the pictures you can have are in the facebook page, or in the website i posted. I'm uploaded the tail of the dragon video but its shaky.
JoelScootDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #33
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
Hey Jerry,

I don't recall ever seeing you on MV so I'd question how you arrived at that conclusion? Disagreement runs rampant on nearly every forum I've ever attended and MV isn't much different. The exception over there is members have to take it outside if they want to fight and from everything I've seen that's not such a bad idea. Maybe the environment you were expecting was a full-fledged free-for-all or something close to one?

Not everyone buys into or agrees with what you or anyone else may have to say so perhaps that's not what you're looking for. As other people have already stated in this thread MV has a pretty well balanced membership, unlike what the moron who got kicked out would have you believe. Before dropping the axe on them I think you'd do better to gain some personal experience first.

If you're anti-Vespa [which I think you are] that's not important, there are plenty of other scooters on the market and many of them are as good or better quality. Most of us who ride Vespas realize that and have room in our worlds for other brands. Quite a few of us have actually owned and currently ride them, all without feeling the need to slam others who don't.

Besides all of the above you might be well advised to do a bit of research into your newest hero's credibility, his stories are concocted of 100% pure bullshit including the weepy tale about his epic ride around the country.

LL75

Just because I am not a member of MV doesn't mean I haven't done my share of reading over there. Anti Vespa? Hardly. While I prefer vintage Vespas, which is why I have a Genuine Stella, I like the new ones too, and would love to have a brand new GTS300 Super. I just can't afford the nearly $10,000 they cost around here.

Some Vespa riders, on the other hand, are not so nice, many are openly hostile to riders of other brands, just like some Harley and BMW riders. Only I believe the Vespa riders are actually worse. I'm not saying all of them are like that, and there is also a big wall between new and vintage Vespa riders. I took my Genuine Stella to a local vintage Vespa place, and they were not only friendly, but offered to help me work on it and get parts for it. They most likely would not even talk to the rider of a new "twist and go" Vespa, and I didn't tell them I also had a twist and go Yamaha. There are clubs around here for both new and vintage Vespas, but they absolutely do not intermingle. There are Stella riders in the vintage Vespa club.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #34
JoelScootDude OP
High Mileage Scooter

The big question is why does he think I'm making this up, and how can it be fake? if anyone wants to meet me on the way up th appalachians let me know :)

ore pics nd updates on FB page and my blog:scooteristblog.com
Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #35
tortoise2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelScootDude View Post
my ass hurts so bad
Consider sitting on one or two Family Dollar $2 silicone pot holders.

Might also think about some Lowe's garden department $10 Bracken knee pads.

tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #36
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelScootDude View Post
The big question is why does he think I'm making this up, and how can it be fake? if anyone wants to meet me on the way up th appalachians let me know :)

ore pics nd updates on FB page and my blog:scooteristblog.com
No, the "big question" is why are you persisting in this fabrication? You were exposed as a fake by many riders on MV, to the point you were asked to leave. Then you persisted in attempting to rejoin MV using fake ID's and new names but got caught and kicked out again. The people who you manage to hoodwink deserve better and what you're doing is simply wrong.

If you choose to live in a fantasy world so be it but you could at least admit what you're doing so those who buy into it do so with their eyes open. Personally I don't care how you live or spend your time and it's not my place to pursue this, the word has been passed along and anyone who throws in with you at least knows enough to question you and your motives.

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #37
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
What in the hell is going on?

Why would someone put forth the energy and time to fake a bike trip?

Does not compute.
Bama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #38
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post

Does not compute.
Sounds like some trolls followed him from another board over here.

There are some sick puppies out there.

Time to send a few posts to Head Explody.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #39
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
Sounds like some trolls followed him from another board over here.

There are some sick puppies out there.

Time to send a few posts to Head Explody.

Trolls following him around? You've got to be kidding, take a look at how long I and others have been active members of both this and MV, a lot longer than yourself and your new buddy. I started riding in 1954...we're either of you even alive then? I doubt it.

Frankly I don't care if he convinces you that he's for real, that's entirely your decision. His history on other forums is real, not made up so take it however you like. Frankly he'd have been a lot smarter if he'd taken the time to make up a new tale instead of posting his old BS from MV, then maybe I and others might not have noticed.

As far as why anyone would bother fabricating all of this I'm honestly clueless, answers to that would fall under the province of Psychology for which I'm not qualified nor do I care.

So...you'd like to complain to Baldy or the Head Explody thread? Go ahead, anyone who investigates him will only find him to be as stated, a fake. Then where will you be? Your new idol has clay feet.

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #40
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
Trolls following him around? You've got to be kidding, take a look at how long I and others have been active members of both this and MV, a lot longer than yourself and your new buddy. I started riding in 1954...we're either of you even alive then? I doubt it.

Frankly I don't care if he convinces you that he's for real, that's entirely your decision. His history on other forums is real, not made up so take it however you like. Frankly he'd have been a lot smarter if he'd taken the time to make up a new tale instead of posting his old BS from MV, then maybe I and others might not have noticed.

As far as why anyone would bother fabricating all of this I'm honestly clueless, answers to that would fall under the province of Psychology for which I'm not qualified nor do I care.

So...you'd like to complain to Baldy or the Head Explody thread? Go ahead, anyone who investigates him will only find him to be as stated, a fake. Then where will you be? Your new idol has clay feet.

LL75
Okay, he's faking and I'm a sucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post

Does not compute.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #41
JoelScootDude OP
High Mileage Scooter

I made a "fake" account to post this trip on MV a long time ago after I was banned. then I decided, since I was allowed to "temporarily stay" to make a few more account to vote myself up and circunvent the Karma point system. this failed and got banned again

I made fake accounts, but I was never fake.

Quick update:

I made it to gatlinburg TN, after enjoying the town I went up to clingmans dome into blueridge parkway.

While up the road to clingmans dome ( very slowly) i pulled over on a small river/waterfall. at 4200 feet. When I went back, it wouldn't start. After lots of troubleshooting I figured out my started took a shit. I pushed it down hill and it didnt get much speed past 30mph. I pushed it maybe the last mile into gatlingburg.

Hopefully Scenic City scooters in Chattanooga responds and I get the started shipped overnight at a extravagant cost. or If the guy is ever so gracius, drives over with tools to help me.

I'm missing a 8mm wrench without that i cant remove it. the nearest autopart store is almost 1.5 miles away.

It seem my left side front wheel bearing is also taking a shit. And this item is nearly impossible to replace. Grease will have to do for now.

Since I'm stuck in town, I'm gona go try some of that moonshine :)
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #42
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Sucks that you are stuck.

Anyway, great trip. I have been following along here and on Facebook.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #43
JoelScootDude OP
High Mileage Scooter

Fontana lake, in the background, this was at Moonshiner 28. about 2000 feet high

This is where the starter quit, at 4200 feet near some creek you can see in the background.

JoelScootDude screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 05:54 PM
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #44
JoelScootDude OP
High Mileage Scooter

Here is the shakiest vide of the Tail of the Dragon.... its shaky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-j6Byk1vGc&sns=em
Old 05-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #45
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Your link is marked private on YouTube. If that's not an oxymoron I don't know what is.
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote