User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
gonnagetthere OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
SW Ontario Moto Guzzi Dealers

Just purchased a 2009 Stelvio, but not from a Moto Guzzi dealership. Never owned MG before, don't have experience with any of the 3 or 4 Ontario dealerships listed on the MG Canada website. Who have you dealt with, and what has your experience been like?

I'll be doing the typical oil changes, basic maintenance stuff, and most minor mechanical repairs. Will be looking for dealer support with needs involving parts, recalls, service bulletins, or warranty claims.
gonnagetthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Witness
Me

Oddometer: 465
two wheel motorsports in Guelph has been around for a long time, I never used them for service but rather for gear.

I noticed last week when I was in that they are now a Guzzi Dealer
Witness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
nick949eldo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 721
Guzzi Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnagetthere View Post
Just purchased a 2009 Stelvio, but not from a Moto Guzzi dealership. Never owned MG before, don't have experience with any of the 3 or 4 Ontario dealerships listed on the MG Canada website. Who have you dealt with, and what has your experience been like?

I'll be doing the typical oil changes, basic maintenance stuff, and most minor mechanical repairs. Will be looking for dealer support with needs involving parts, recalls, service bulletins, or warranty claims.
From what I hear, the Stelvio is a worthy addition to the magical world of Moto Guzzi. You will either trade it for a HonSuzKawYam within six months or keep it forever - its probably more about you that the bike. Some of us love them - others can't wait to get something more......ordinary.

I have been impressed with Corsa Meccanica http://www.corsameccanica.com/ in Vaughn. The people there are Guzzi enthusiasts, know their stuff and are great to deal with.

If you haven't already, don't forget to join the Wildguzzi forum for great information and general discussion of all things Guzzi http://http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0.

See you at the International Guzzi Rally in Lavigne (near North Bay) this summer.http://ontarioguzziriders.com/2013_m...nal_rally.html.

Enjoy your bike. Safe riding.

Nick
nick949eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Forseti
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,179
+1000 on http://www.corsameccanica.com/.. Great people who really love the brand and will do whatever they can to make you happy.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perpetually rejuvenated illusions.
Albert Einstein
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
H e a d N o r t h
(take the high road)

Oddometer: 929
My Caponord is at Corsa Meccanica right now.
Very impressed with the mechanic's knowledge of the brand.
...and they have some sweet bikes to browse through on visits.

First Ride...EVER!
Jan. 1, 2012
H e a d N o r t h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
kruzuki
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
I Iive around the corner from Corsa Meccanica so I pop in for a look at all the purdy machines every once in a while. The the guys there have always been very friendly and enthusiastic and the place seems organized. Service dept is open to view. Just my observation.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #7
gonnagetthere OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Thanks for your feedback folks, very much appreciated.

I've never ridden a Moto Guzzi product, and to be candid, the Stelvio wasn't on my short list until just before purchasing it. Once I started to research the bike, I became quite interested. Saw the bike at the show in Toronto last Saturday; it called to me, and I answered.

I emailed both Two Wheel and Corsa Meccanica yesterday. Got a quick reply back from George at Corsa, asking me to call him. He confirmed a couple of things for me, and wants my business. We'll likely meet and talk shortly after I pick the bike up. I live in Niagara, and both dealerships are about the same distance from me. Nicer ride up to Two Wheel, but they haven't replied yet, and you folks seem to favour Corsa.

I've been riding since the late '60's. Hopefully, the Stelvio is going to be the different riding experience I'm looking for. Thanks again folks.
gonnagetthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 774
Wheelsport Ottawa just started selling Guzzis

They have about 4 Guzzis on the floor, a beautiful Griso and a Stelvio.

I have been a parts customer since 2010. I bought my 950 privately and took it in for a TSB repair- covered under warranty. No bad experiences to tell.

Very helpful and support the off-road community well.

FlyingDutchman screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 08:16 AM
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,271
Enthusiastic isn't a strong enough word to describe George.

If I owned a goose, I'd shop with him. Really loves what he's doing, always goes the extra mile.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
bigbadandugly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
You didn't ask, but I'm going to throw it out there just because it makes me feel better. The former Guzzi dealer in Ottawa (Gearhead) is - bar none - the worst dealer. He was pissed I didn't buy the 2008 model year Stelvio on his showroom floor that he was asking list for back in 2010, instead choosing a brand new 2009 model for $7k less. So he refused to serve me. Which is a good thing because I learned how to do my own servicing. But he's lost his Victory, Hyosung, and Piaggio dealerships now and is one step from bankruptcy, so he got his comeuppance.

The Stelvio is a sweet bike and hands down one of the best two-up bikes out there. It's easy to work one and very few troubles. You should enjoy it.

When I needed parts I went through Moto International in Seattle (the highest volume Guzzi dealership in North America and by far the biggest supporter [because Guzzi and Aprilia are the only brands they sell] or MPH Cycle in Texas. Both are great. You may wish to buy local to support your local dealer, but I certainly did not. He was a complete .
Dyno testing of a PC-V + Full Akropovic system on an R1200GS
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote