ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #301
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
.....professionally taken care of until Terry got it and ran it without oil that one day. The JB weld story is a good one too. My bike is now in Mobile Al. Just thought I'de share a couple pics with you. Congrats on a nice bike = sorta of!

Just kiddin bout the bad stuff, funny right?
Not too funny, his check hasn't cleared yet!
- Robert Frost
tmlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #302
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlee View Post
Not too funny, his check hasn't cleared yet!
At least you know where he works.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #303
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
Terry's a long time commercial pilot.. If anyone here knows the importance of keeping a vehicle well maintained it's him!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #304
tmlee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Try not to loop it
No crash yet! Registered the bike at the DMV today then took it out to break it in some. Headed out from my house down Breakheart Hill Road into Arcadia to the sand pit and played there a bit, then drove west on RT165 past Beach Pond then left turn up the hill and rode the the loop section from 165 - Green Fall Campground then reversed the route back home, 31 miles in all.

IMG_0024_2
2013 Husqvarna TE310R at Green Fall Campground

Bike is pretty good. By the time I turned to return home I was getting used to the bike and running pretty fast (for me). A few farkles and perhaps get the EFI remapped as it seems to be running lean, and I should be all set.
- Robert Frost
Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #305
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 750
That's a nice looking bike, Terry.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #306
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Terry,

good luck with the new bike! first word of caution. get rid of that hanging rear fender, it comes off pretty easy (ask fourty2ri how i know). Mine lasted less than one 1/2 the lower loop
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #307
tmlee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxg View Post
Terry,

good luck with the new bike! first word of caution. get rid of that hanging rear fender, it comes off pretty easy (ask fourty2ri how i know). Mine lasted less than one 1/2 the lower loop
Yeah, no time to get that done by this weekend, but it's on the to-do list.
- Robert Frost
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #308
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,417
I got out for a bit of a ride myself, still haven't hosed the mud off since last time.

akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #309
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 511
Thumb

Saaaaaweeeet! Congrats Terry! Welcome to the club. My choice for next little bike.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #310
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I got out for a bit of a ride myself, still haven't hosed the mud off since last time.
What, I'm supposed to hose the mud off?? I thought I just have to sweep if of the garage floor. Damn, guess I'll have to go to HD and get a hose for next Monday.

Add one more CnR noob to your list. Fabricated quick release luggage racks this weekend, perfect for rigging my rubbermaid luggage.

Now I just have to determine if I really want to swap out the stock rubber on Friday afternoon since they delayed shipping them, or head out and "relax" in CnR style

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #311
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
Rob... What happened to the cutting board on the back? That rack looks like an expensive piece of machined aluminum but maybe it's just weird lighting in the photo reflecting the trellises of the bridge..?

Terry.. even before I scrolled down and saw jxg's post I was going to say, "Sweet bike but that license plate/turn signal/brake light set up has to go!".. I'm still jealous of your new ride though.

Chris.. I don't know what you were planning to use with the hitch you eventually get for your TDI but I got this coupon from harbor freight today...

$99.99 and it can supposedly haul a KLR650 (as shown in the listing) which I am pretty sure weighs over their 400# rating! I personally wouldn't put a KLR on that hitch hauler but that's just me... I tend to scale back HF ratings by at least 10%-20% if not more... Mr. T and others have been using that hitch hauler to move trail bikes with no major problems for quite a while though.. It's not the best but the price is right..

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #312
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
What, I'm supposed to hose the mud off?? I thought I just have to sweep if of the garage floor. Damn, guess I'll have to go to HD and get a hose for next Monday.

Add one more CnR noob to your list. Fabricated quick release luggage racks this weekend, perfect for rigging my rubbermaid luggage.

Now I just have to determine if I really want to swap out the stock rubber on Friday afternoon since they delayed shipping them, or head out and "relax" in CnR style
Welcome noob. You will probably have more issues keeping the luggage on if the traveling gets rough. Don't worry about tires too much on my ride. There's a few mud puddles but they can be skirted on pretty much any tire. Venture into the middle of a big one, and you could have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
Rob... What happened to the cutting board on the back? That rack looks like an expensive piece of machined aluminum .
Yes, I upgraded the rack. I got it from a fellow ADVer. It's super nice.
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #313
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,290
tmlee, I hope my previous experience on one of the bikes in your stable won't dissuade you from letting me hop on the little TE! There's no possible way that could happen again

boinoodle, in true CNR style, you should bring the rubber and do the swap at camp. True Redbeard style.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #314
tmlee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
tmlee, I hope my previous experience on one of the bikes in your stable won't dissuade you from letting me hop on the little TE! There's no possible way that could happen again
Sure you can take it for a spin, just give me a few minutes to cover it with bubble wrap first.
- Robert Frost
Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 AM   #315
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
boinoodle, in true CNR style, you should bring the rubber and do the swap at camp. True Redbeard style.
Thanks for the offer on changing my rubber for me, But tracking has them showing up on Monday, not Friday. So I guess I get another week of pretending I have traction. One good thing is I'll now be able to hit the road early afternoon Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Welcome noob. You will probably have more issues keeping the luggage on if the traveling gets rough.
Since I designed the racks to be removable with three bolts, I hope not to have any extra luggage for the ride. But being wet behind the ears, it's all speculation.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote