ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #46
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRiedinger View Post

I think Ill be camping and eating, no trailer hitch on my TDi yet. Unless someone from this area can grab my bike or would like to carpool
No requirement on riding. If I was without motorcycle, I'd probably bicycle down to Green Falls and go fishing for a while. Maybe Buzz can scoop you up somehow.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #47
swathman
wood tick

Oddometer: 53
Did someone say "crawfish"?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Food is a major part of camping. Preparing good food over a fire doesn't happen by accident. I've seen some quality camp set-ups, including the Dutch Oven. Cheese's lamb was pretty incredible. We've had crawfish, bluegill, garlic bread and more all cooked on the fire. I, for one, welcome the camp cooking discussions. It'll be fun to see what gets prepared on the fire this time.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #48
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebot View Post
Camp and Rides are great fun. For anyone still on the fence about coming to one here's an old pic I found from one of our earlier CNRs

there is a joke in here somewhere............

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #49
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,103
That would have looked better if yuo were in the bottom left corner of the pic.
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #50
cheesebot
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-ktm View Post
That would have looked better if yuo were in the bottom left corner of the pic.
I tried it, it wasn't happening because of scale and whatnot. Unless all you want to see is the boots...
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #51
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
We've been using those camping for years, one of the fav around the campfire at night is Nutella and peanut butter between two pieces of bread...YUM!

I've had one of these in my pile of old camping stuff but have never used it...

might be high time to do so. Maybe a cook-off is in order for the most creative use of the campfire sammich griller!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #52
akarob OP
Green Cantern

I just wanted to let everyone know that because part of the reason for this campout is to prepare for a trip this summer, I will be planning a route for Saturday and posting a GPX file in advance. Feel free to download it and load it into your GPS before the ride.

I also ask that if anyone has a road or trail they would like to ride, make me a GPX track file and email it to me. I would especially like people's suggestions for dirt roads in Rhode Island. I know CT pretty well, but could really use some help in Little Rhody. I'll take all suggestions, sort them out using what makes sense, and making one single route (track file actually).

Thanks, ill be PMing a couple of you personally to talk abiut it. All in all, I'd like to put together about a 150 mile route of mixed terrain. This route will be big bike friendly, but may be challenging in a few spots. KLR, KTM990, BMW1200 doable.

Again, please chip in with some suggested routes if you can.

akarob screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 07:25 AM
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #53
Dirt Roads
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
I'm thinking of joining you for this little get-together. Kinda far for me, but I've got some rubber I need to burn off of the present set of tires before I can change to new ones for the BBA.. I'm changing my luggage setup a little too and this would be a good short test run. Besides, I've been wanting to see what this Pachaug area is like. Sounds like a fun, relaxed time. I'll plan on it as long as the weather cooperates (I know - what a wimp!)
...Rich
Dirt Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #54
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Wink

Dual spork.lol.just noticed that.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #55
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Roads View Post

Besides, I've been wanting to see what this Pachaug area is like.

Sounds like a fun, relaxed time.

...Rich

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #56
akarob OP
Green Cantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Roads View Post
I'm thinking of joining you for this little get-together. Kinda far for me, but I've got some rubber I need to burn off of the present set of tires before I can change to new ones for the BBA.. I'm changing my luggage setup a little too and this would be a good short test run. Besides, I've been wanting to see what this Pachaug area is like. Sounds like a fun, relaxed time. I'll plan on it as long as the weather cooperates (I know - what a wimp!)
...Rich
Awesome! One condition, you have to bring a bottle of wine from the region. If you agree, I'll swap you a bottle of something that you can't buy there. If you're not a "wine guy", don't sweat it.

I've been out that way a few times, for the Watkins Glen NASCAR race. Really nice parks and scenery in that area. Don't let that video Bomber posted scare you off. He's only highlighting the diversity of riding the area here has to offer. (I was the guy that got up the hill first)

As said, I'm leaving the dirt bike at home for this one and won't be including the hero sections on MY ride - but there may be some locals camping with us that do that section. It's basically about 5 miles of baby head sized rocks in washed out stream beds. Yea, it just keeps going, you arms will hurt afterwards.

Don't worry about the weather. I know Spring is late, but it's starting here already. Flowers are starting to bloom here. The last traces of snow and ice are disappearing quickly. The area we're riding in is coastal and more temperate than upstate NY, I assure you. It's going to be a great weekend.

Well, I'm off to start crunching co-ordinates for you guys.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #57
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360

need bark busters for my next ride.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #58
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,454
Awesome

Quote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that because part of the reason for this campout is to prepare for a trip this summer, I will be planning a route for Saturday and posting a GPX file in advance. Feel free to download it and load it into your GPS before the ride.

I also ask that if anyone has a road or trail they would like to ride, make me a GPX track file and email it to me. I would especially like people's suggestions for dirt roads in Rhode Island. I know CT pretty well, but could really use some help in Little Rhody. I'll take all suggestions, sort them out using what makes sense, and making one single route (track file actually).

Thanks, ill be PMing a couple of you personally to talk abiut it. All in all, I'd like to put together about a 150 mile route of mixed terrain. This route will be big bike friendly, but may be challenging in a few spots. KLR, KTM990, BMW1200 doable.

Again, please chip in with some suggested routes if you can.
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #59
Dirt Roads
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Awesome! One condition, you have to bring a bottle of wine from the region. If you agree, I'll swap you a bottle of something that you can't buy there. If you're not a "wine guy", don't sweat it.

I've been out that way a few times, for the Watkins Glen NASCAR race. Really nice parks and scenery in that area. Don't let that video Bomber posted scare you off. He's only highlighting the diversity of riding the area here has to offer. (I was the guy that got up the hill first)

As said, I'm leaving the dirt bike at home for this one and won't be including the hero sections on MY ride - but there may be some locals camping with us that do that section. It's basically about 5 miles of baby head sized rocks in washed out stream beds. Yea, it just keeps going, you arms will hurt afterwards.

Don't worry about the weather. I know Spring is late, but it's starting here already. Flowers are starting to bloom here. The last traces of snow and ice are disappearing quickly. The area we're riding in is coastal and more temperate than upstate NY, I assure you. It's going to be a great weekend.

Well, I'm off to start crunching co-ordinates for you guys.
My wife works for Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards, so yeah, I'll bring you something local! Take a look at their website and let me know what you'd like. Schooner is highly recommended. www.hazlitt1852.comShe works at their "new" facility in Naples, called Red Cat Cellars, which is very close to where we live. I'll also bring along a pouch of Red Cat to share with the group...it's their hot tub party wine. I've got just the one bike, a Honda XR650L. I enjoy "givin' 'er" but she's just too heavy and tall for 5 miles of baby heads! I don't mind doing short sections though. Nice to hear the weather is so much milder there. I am looking forward to it.
Dirt Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #60
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
need bark busters for my next ride.
Hows the knee doing?

Wish I was a headlight.
Stan Dalone is offline   Reply With Quote