ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Desertwater OP
whaler

Oddometer: 15
Weekly (Saturday) Dual Sport Ride, Hurricane UT

Screw that soccer game, the trip to Lowe's or HD, or anything even remotely related to housework. It's ride time. Bring your well prepared, plated DS with a full tank of fuel and your sense of adventure.( I know, that last bit about sense of adventure sounded stupid but I needed something to wrap up the sentence.) Anyway, Saturday, 10 am, in front of the Hurricane community center. Just look for someone sitting on a 690. Once assembled we can determine a route based on people's ability and bikes present. That said, probably not a good idea to bring your big displacement DS, i.e. GS,990,950,800GS or the like, unless its equipped well and you possess the skills to match. Hope to see you there.

P.s. There will be no trailer parking available at the congregation area. Please take this into consideration if it applies.
Desertwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
CliffonTwo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hurricane Ride

If this is going to go on for the summer I am in for the following weekend, I have not done many off-road ride yet so if its noob level even better!
CliffonTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Desertwater OP
whaler

Yes. I'm would like to see this continue every Saturday year round. Although I might not personally be able to attend every week I'm hoping we get a base of people so someone is always there to greet newcomers. I'm sure the start time will change as the heat increases and we will sometimes have to move the congregation area due to events at the community center so check here for up to date weekly info. As for skill level. Bring what you have and we will figure it out. There is no better place to improve than to ride with others. I have an extensive knowledge of the area from easy to super techinical so we can see what the days participants prefer and go from there. Hope to see you there next weekend.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
1stgear
1 down 5 up

Oddometer: 31
Been looking to find guys to ride in the area (so utah) since I do a lot of dual sport rides by myself and know it's risky to always ride alone. Got a plated KTM 525 with 130 mile range and plated 300 which I also race, did the Rhino Rally and plan to attend a few more soon, schedule permitting. Know quite a few trails in the area myself, but always looking for new places. What I like the most is hard core single track. Rode half way to the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago, if I'd been with other riders and was carrying more gas, it would've been easy to finish. That's pretty much all dirt roads of course, but if you go fast enough, it's fun and for sure an adventure.
1stgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
Desertwater OP
whaler

Meeting up with others and doing some riding is what I was thinking when I started this thread. Hopefully, in time, this will grow into just that. I usually ride alone as well but it's always fun when others are involved.

Speaking of the Grand, I've been to both Toroweap and south of Bar 10 many times. Both spectacular. There are ways to make 1/2 the trip there and back more interesting than just the dirt roads but its a pretty easy trip either way.

I'm going to be on my 690 and was thinking for this first outing bikes of the like might be what you want to bring until we figure out skill sets and bikes others might show up with. Do not take that to mean there will be no singletrack riding though.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Desertwater OP
whaler

I'm going to blame it on the weather, 35 and windy as a mofo, but I was the only one to show for today's ride. I will try again next Saturday. I'm thinking 10 am again but this time and from here on out starting at the Lin's market parking lot on state route 9 and 1150 west. West side of town. The hurricane community center has their annual Easter car show next week. It will be zoo there plus they seem to always have something going on. Bonus, Lin's has the best donuts in southern Utah.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Desertwater OP
whaler

10am. Lin's market parking lot. West end of town. Meet there and figure it out.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
ElleDubs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Anyone interested in riding this week early morning or anytime this weekend? I'm itching to get out and all my riding partners are snowbirds flown north or are taking a break from riding. I can ride dual sport or dirt/single-track.
ElleDubs is offline   Reply With Quote