User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
pratty410 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Wink yamaha lt2 back from the (almost) dead

As the story goes, a friend of mine was given a yamaha lt2 100 enduro ( i think its an lt2 at least) by a neighbor, and long story short he moved to the icy land of sweden, leavimg me im the care of his "sexy little beast".... now begins the arduous journey of bringing it back from a barely running dirt only bike to a street legal enduro as it was intended to be.

Pics wil follow but to start out ive cleaned most of the river silt that accumulated on the bike in our hangar that goes under water twice a year and cleaned the carb from all the shit that came out of the original tank that had been lined and then when the liner disintegrated it rusted.

From that I ordered a period malcolm smith gold medal products desert tank and a stock tail light assembly and blinkers... Today the wheel bearings got greased, the brakes gone through, and made a makeshift fuel tank out of a five foot long section of fuel line and rode it around the block.

Tomorrow ill post pics like I said, but go, fight, and let me know what you think, oh, and the dude that left the bike with me is on this forum but I havent figured out how to find him yet because im new here lol
pratty410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Scootern29
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Post up some pics. I just gave two of them away. They were junk but................
Scootern29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
pratty410 OP
n00b

Gonna have to figure the pic thing out, its not the best bike to be sure but its vintage and im a broke college student who loves old stuff. Im thinking itll be nice around town and to ride the two miles to campus and possibly ride some vintage trials, I spent six years riding trials before I had to sell the sherco and the old 82 swm so im hoping this can get me back into that world to some extent.

"oh shit the steering locks when you take out the key!" -me

Currently still mourning the sale of the wr430 husky....
Old 01-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
pratty410 OP
n00b

some pics

Old 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
Scootern29
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Let me clarify, the LT2-3's were cool bikes. The two I just got rid of had been sitting out in the desert for many years. They turned into junk. Non usable. I would like to find an LT MX.
Scootern29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #6
pratty410 OP
n00b

yeah, I mean its by no means a great bike for anything, geared too high for the woods riding i do, and too small displacement for the street around here, but some light trials use and back roads and gravel should suit it perfectly. I wasn't disagreeing with you in the least as in the experience ive had with it its been a fiddle fest to get the bike running slick again and not for the mechanically faint of heart. should be fun though i hope